Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wonder if the fanboys would accept some other angle with Luke where he didn't actually die (maybe some far fetched Jedi power thing where he comes back to life)   and they completely do a re-do with his character?

I was thinking that same thing.  They should cold open wirh like phasing back in lol. And pretend it never happened. Then again they have to fix Rey’s parents thing and Snoke. Rian made a real mess of things. 

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You ask for miracles, Theo, I give you the F.B.I.

It's SW, it cam be total crap and make 1 billion. My money is on a force-ghost army ala LOTR3.

Supposedly they realize this trilogy is totally disjointed from the first six films and want to fix it.  

I wonder if they’d use Gui-Gon in some way.  To connect it they really need Obi Wan and Anakin to appear as well.  

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Then it's agreed, we shall all agree to forget The Last Jedi ever existed and purge it from memory and start fresh with a new 2nd entry into the new Star Wars trilogy. 

Who wakes up and finds Luke in the shower...bacta tank?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

11 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Im not a fan of the image as a tease.  Im cool with pushing the female leads.  But I'd have done a cool poster of just Sarah Connor as Linda Hamilton looks suitably badass.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ben Affleck will direct a film starring Matt Damon about the McDonald's Monopoly fraud.  I had never hard of it.  The trial began the day before 9/11 which might be why so few knew of it.

Its a crazy story.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonalds-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions

9/11 was just a cover up.

Diehard: Year One.   They are working on this now.  Premise is a prequel/sequel with Bruce Willis portraying older John and a younger actor playing young John seen though flashbacks.  Apparently Holly will appear as well (in both eras).  Hopefully they can bring back the charm of the first one (and the second wasnt bad either).

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ben Affleck will direct a film starring Matt Damon about the McDonald's Monopoly fraud.  I had never hard of it.  The trial began the day before 9/11 which might be why so few knew of it.

Its a crazy story.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonalds-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions

I did hear about that briefly along the same time they brought monopoly back 14 years ago (I guess that can probably explain why it was replaced by a Who Wants to be a Millionaire promotion, only lasted a year)

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Diehard: Year One.   They are working on this now.  Premise is a prequel/sequel with Bruce Willis portraying older John and a younger actor playing young John seen though flashbacks.  Apparently Holly will appear as well (in both eras).  Hopefully they can bring back the charm of the first one (and the second wasnt bad either).

I said it before and i'll say it again...Zac Efron as young John McClain.

I like Efron.  He's great.  He does so much comedy but I could see him as an action star.  He certainly has the physique for it.  Remember when Bruce Willis was cast, coming off of Moonlighting, people were incensed.  They thought it was a joke.  So Efron, I could see.  He has charm.

The reason the later Die Hards sucked, besides poor writing, was that John McClain became a super hero action character rather then an average cop stuck in a crazy situation where the odds were against him.  The films lost their charm.

I don't see Efron in that role.  He has to much of the glazed over pretty boy look.    

The later Die Hards sucked because it was so over the top that it made it more of a joke... felt like I was watching a XXX or Fast and Furious movie instead of Die Hard.   Zero grit at all...