Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Poster

CBS To Revive Star Trek on Television

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think they’re playing it straight. If they go right back to mirror twist it becomes a bit of a parody. They already have mirror Phillipa running around. 

Plus he’d have to have been mirror on the enterprise since we know the enterprise, Pike & Number One are all in this season.   I think it’s just that he’s been out of civilization for awhile so his hair and beard grew. 

Probably to make for a visual contrast from when we first see him (sort of disguised behind the beard and hair) and when he cleans up and we see him for the first time in uniform looking like classic Spock. 

With Discovery, we just don't where things are going. There were a few swerves last year so looking forward to seeing things play out. But what a villain he could be. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think they’re playing it straight. If they go right back to mirror twist it becomes a bit of a parody. They already have mirror Phillipa running around. 

Plus he’d have to have been mirror on the enterprise since we know the enterprise, Pike & Number One are all in this season.   I think it’s just that he’s been out of civilization for awhile so his hair and beard grew. 

Probably to make for a visual contrast from when we first see him (sort of disguised behind the beard and hair) and when he cleans up and we see him for the first time in uniform looking like classic Spock. 

Exactly.  I don't think they're going to rehash the same thing all over again when they just did it.  People would dump this new Star Trek fast if all they're doing is retelling the same story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news, they confirmed the Picard series is intended to be an on-going series (not a mini-series) and they referred to it as "the continuing adventured of Jean-Luc Picard", so thats pretty cool.  They're a month into the script process and hope to go into production in April.

They teased the villain saying "Would you like me to tell you who the bad guys are?"  And then said they couldnt.  Hmmmm...Borg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Discovery is January.  Picard begins filming in April I believe.

Aw damn, I thought Picard would have been out in the 2018/2019 season.  Bleh.

 

Oh well.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if its in the above video but I thought this was particularly interesting, from Meyer talking about the Khan homages in STID:

Quote

It is, on the one hand, nice to be so successful or beloved or however you want to describe it that somebody wants to do an homage to what you did and I was flattered and touched. But in my sort of artistic worldview, if you’re going to do an homage you have to add something. You have to put another layer on it, and they didn’t. Just by putting the same words in different characters’ mouths didn’t add up to anything, and if you have someone dying in one scene and sort of being resurrected immediately after there’s no real drama going on. It just becomes a gimmick or gimmicky, and that’s what I found it to be ultimately.

Bang on.  I actually debated writer/director Bob Orci about this very thing.  Debate might be a stretch.  More, myself and others gave their opinions, much like Meyer and Orci was a first rate assclown to people.  Very very thin skinned and can't take criticism.  You can see why everyone dropped him like a bad habit.

STID was abysmal and their quest to showboat to Trek fans with hollow homages was part of the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure if its in the above video but I thought this was particularly interesting, from Meyer talking about the Khan homages in STID:

Bang on.  I actually debated writer/director Bob Orci about this very thing.  Debate might be a stretch.  More, myself and others gave their opinions, much like Meyer and Orci was a first rate assclown to people.  Very very thin skinned and can't take criticism.  You can see why everyone dropped him like a bad habit.

STID was abysmal and their quest to showboat to Trek fans with hollow homages was part of the problem.

Yes that quote was in there.  I didn't listen to the whole thing but I did hear that one part.  I was like...YES, thank you...when he said that.  He seems to know how to write properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

 

He's getting so old now though.  I watched him in an interview and his voice sounds a bit ragged.  I mean, nothing wrong with an older Picard...just wondering what they're going to do with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

He's getting so old now though.  I watched him in an interview and his voice sounds a bit ragged.  I mean, nothing wrong with an older Picard...just wondering what they're going to do with him.

Think old Picard from All Good Things or Stewart in Logan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Logan007 said:

He's getting so old now though.  I watched him in an interview and his voice sounds a bit ragged.  I mean, nothing wrong with an older Picard...just wondering what they're going to do with him.

I've asked that same question. He's pushing 80. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Think old Picard from All Good Things or Stewart in Logan.

Yeah, exactly.  And I'd rather not watch a show about some ailing old man who's losing his memory.  Not that I think it's going to be about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He won’t be playing a 50 year old Picard. He’s a great actor. What does it matter how old he is? 

I wonder what he's limited to physically? Age does matter in your 80's. His voice has also changed.  I don't think he'll reprise Locutus Of Borg. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder what he's limited to physically? Age does matter in your 80's. His voice has also changed.  I don't think he'll reprise Locutus Of Borg. 

I doubt he will be Picard from First Contact.  From whats out there, they intend to have him play an 80 year old Picard so I doubt there will be any issue with him having aged.  I think that will be the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I doubt he will be Picard from First Contact.  From whats out there, they intend to have him play an 80 year old Picard so I doubt there will be any issue with him having aged.  I think that will be the point.

If they need flashbacks they can always use Tom Hardy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...