Game 61 : Jets @ Maple Leafs

On a brighter note Kane held his first media scrum in Buffalo today here are some of the high(low)lights ... Oh I'm gonna miss this guy LOL ...

"My excitement was definitely met since first coming here." WHAT?

"I was playing hurt with a majority of injuries " HUH?

"Being a Winnipeg Jet was something that everybody knew who you were and they always want to talk to you, which is great, and that was one of the things you definitely enjoy. But … negative things can take a toll a little bit." Duh-OK

Healey really sucks to listen to. He talks about the game just like a Leafs fan would, sounding disappointed and disgusted. He takes their suckage personally.

That said, I really like Hughson calling playoff games, because he doesn't have the Leafs to root for and so he actually does a great job.

Yes, yes he does. 

Enormous anxiety and pressure to make the playoffs cannot be allowed to make an error in judgment by making an ill-advised trade. Chevy has to balance the will to win now and the long term winning and not be tempted to trade a key player(s) for the optics of 'doing something'.

The entire province wants to make the playoffs. It would be awesome, but...

7 days to be reminded

I don't envy him.

We're getting the goaltending now that I think a lot of people expected would happen for the entire season. Hutchinson has regressed and Pavelec is Pavelec. It seems like we're giving up at least one bad goal a game lately, and that will sink most teams, not just us.

That wrap around by Khadri had Hutch doing the happy feet.

Can talk about the Goalies not being as good as they were but the entire team in front of them have gotten away from what made them so good prior to the All-Star Break. The team was playing a very, i'd call boring, style of defensive hockey, they were winning games that way tho, 2-1, 3-2 games, they were winning them, not that exciting really but they were winning. After the All-Star Break tho, they have gotten away from that style of play it seems. That is their biggest problem. They are not playing the style that made them so good earlier in the season. Top 4 D all out? No problem, the team was just playing a certain way and it's obvious they have gotten away from that. The penalties too, man oh man, they are the most penalized team in the league by a significant amount, you aren't gonna win when you play half the game short handed. But like i said, they have gotten away from that boring style of defensive hockey that won them games earlier. Goalies are being left out to dry more often now, yeah Hutch let in a bad one yesterday, maybe 2 but... Keep in mind, the leafs put 2 in their own net pretty much also so it goes both ways but.... the team is just not playing that good defensively anymore. Gonna mention him, not picking on the guy or anything but Jacob Trouba? What has happened to him? Trying to be too pretty out there, hasn't played the same since returning from injury really. Wheeler looks hurt too now, MadDog Perreault is out too, pretty thin on the right side, Frolik is not having the best season either, he's not worth 5 million and if that's what he's looking for, i'd let him walk cuz he's not a top 6 forward. He's a bottom 6 guy who chips in occasionally. The PK has gone to crap too. THe PP is still crap. Yeah it's better than before but it's still garbage most times. 

Team needs to get back to how they were playing pre all-star break, if they do that, it don't matter who is on the roster or not, trading for guys like Winnik or Bergenheim, it's irrelevant really. Their top 4 D were out for a month or so and the team kept winning cuz they played that style that made them so hard to play against, they got away from that and now it's catching up to them. Having a 4th line that plays 2 minutes a game don't help either. 

Hutch is a rookie, he's going to have ups and downs, he's still shown that he can be very good tho, If not for him, this team probably is a bottom 5 team, yeah he has 38 of the Jets points this season, Pav has 33 and has played more games than Hutch too. Huch will have games where he's not as good, it happens to every goalie in the league really, plus he's a rookie. Gotta have some patience with him here. Pav tho? Dudes been the same for his entire career, honestly, if i'm the Jets, i'd look at moving Pavelec ASAP and i know he didn't play last night but... it's time to move on from him. Trade him? If you can? Waive him? Pick up a vet for cheap and ride Hutch and the Vet this year, a vet that can mentor Hutch as Pav doesn't really seem like the mentor type. I like Pav, good guy but his time has come. It's time to move on. Heck, maybe even call up Hellebyuck from the Ice Caps? Maybe too soon but the guy is putting up some impressive numbers on a not so good ice caps team.