2015 Free Agency Chatroom - Starting at 11 AM EST tomorrow

Mike

I was just thinking...just imagine if Walters got BOTH SirVincent and Bryant! We'd probably have the best OL in the league:

LT - Bryant

LG - Greaves

C - Picard

RG - Neufeld/Goossen

RT - SirVincent

We probably won't get either one and the OL will be worse than ever. Then Willy will get injured and the team will lose all the games then fold at the end of the year.

I was just thinking...just imagine if Walters got BOTH SirVincent and Bryant! We'd probably have the best OL in the league:

LT - Bryant

LG - Greaves

C - Picard

RG - Neufeld/Goossen

RT - SirVincent

We probably won't get either one and the OL will be worse than ever. Then Willy will get injured and the team will lose all the games then fold at the end of the year.

I love your optimism! lol

LT - Bryant

LG - Greaves

C - Picard

RG - Neufeld/Goossen

RT - SirVincent

That's the spirit ... Not.

LT - Bryant

LG - Greaves

C - Picard

RG - Neufeld/Goossen

RT - SirVincent

Just move the team to AZ already and save us the heartache, amirite?

CJOB's projections for who the Bombers are after in free agency:

And just before we unveil our list of potential Blue Bomber additions, two veterans who won’t be back are Linebacker Johnny Sears Jr. and Offensive Tackle Glenn January. Walters confirmed on Monday Night that talks had fallen through with Sears and his agent, when it looked like a verbal agreement had been reached on the weekend. And the club has notified January he will not be receiving an offer.

1. Canadian Linebacker Samuel Hurl of Saskatchewan. Just 24 years old but already has 3 seasons of CFL experience with the Roughriders. A special teams demon. 6-1, 225 pounds from the University of Calgary. Was the Canada West Defensive Player of the Year in 2012 and was the 12th overall pick in the 2nd round that year.

2. Import Offensive Tackle Sir Vincent Rogers of Toronto. 28 years old. 6-4, 320 pounds from the University of Houston. Has spent the past 2 seasons with the Argos.

3. Import Receiver Greg Ellingson of Hamilton. 26 year old Tampa native from Florida International. 6-3, 195. Had a break out season in 2013 with 52 catches for 800 yards and 6 touchdowns in 12 games played. Was injured for part of last season and lost his starting job to Luke Tasker. Numbers fell to 32 receptions for 429 yards.

4. Canadian Linebacker Keenan MacDougall of Calgary. 24 year old U of Saskatchewan Grad. 6-2, 208 from Saskatoon. 15th pick in the 3rd round of the 2012 CFL Draft. Ran back a fumble return 63 yards for a touchdown in his CFL debut versus Montreal on July 1/12.

5. Import Receiver Darvin Adams of Toronto. 25 years old. 6-2, 182 from Auburn. Limited playing time with Argos the past 2 seasons. Only 18 catches for 237 yards but Head Coach Mike O’Shea would be familiar with his upside.

CJOB's projections for who the Bombers are after in free agency:

And just before we unveil our list of potential Blue Bomber additions, two veterans who won’t be back are Linebacker Johnny Sears Jr. and Offensive Tackle Glenn January. Walters confirmed on Monday Night that talks had fallen through with Sears and his agent, when it looked like a verbal agreement had been reached on the weekend. And the club has notified January he will not be receiving an offer.

1. Canadian Linebacker Samuel Hurl of Saskatchewan. Just 24 years old but already has 3 seasons of CFL experience with the Roughriders. A special teams demon. 6-1, 225 pounds from the University of Calgary. Was the Canada West Defensive Player of the Year in 2012 and was the 12th overall pick in the 2nd round that year.

2. Import Offensive Tackle Sir Vincent Rogers of Toronto. 28 years old. 6-4, 320 pounds from the University of Houston. Has spent the past 2 seasons with the Argos.

3. Import Receiver Greg Ellingson of Hamilton. 26 year old Tampa native from Florida International. 6-3, 195. Had a break out season in 2013 with 52 catches for 800 yards and 6 touchdowns in 12 games played. Was injured for part of last season and lost his starting job to Luke Tasker. Numbers fell to 32 receptions for 429 yards.

4. Canadian Linebacker Keenan MacDougall of Calgary. 24 year old U of Saskatchewan Grad. 6-2, 208 from Saskatoon. 15th pick in the 3rd round of the 2012 CFL Draft. Ran back a fumble return 63 yards for a touchdown in his CFL debut versus Montreal on July 1/12.

5. Import Receiver Darvin Adams of Toronto. 25 years old. 6-2, 182 from Auburn. Limited playing time with Argos the past 2 seasons. Only 18 catches for 237 yards but Head Coach Mike O’Shea would be familiar with his upside.

I'd be happy if this took place ...

From a Stamps perspective:

You can’t keep everybody.

Nor do you want to.

That’s just how the Canadian Football League landscape works, as continual change, whether it’s day-to-day, week-to-week or season-to-season, is just the name of the game.

The Calgary Stampeders have been busy this off-season, locking up free-agents-to-be in receiver Simon Charbonneau-Campeau, running back Matt Walter, all-star halfback Brandon Smith and linebacker Glenn Love.

But there will be six members of the 2014 Grey Cup champions hitting the open market Tuesday at 10 a.m., seven if you’d like to include NFL-bound all-star centre Brett Jones.

On Monday, Stamps GM/head coach John Hufnagel shared thoughts on where each of his free-agents stand:

-- LT Stanley Bryant & OT Edwin Harrison

Bryant, the back-to-back CFL all-star, is the most-important name on this list, as well as the most expensive. The Stampeders would love to have him back, but at a team-friendly price. Bryant and Harrison are tied together because if Bryant gets the big offer many expect him to and the Stamps move on, they could quickly call Harrison. Sources indicate Bryant is looking to become one of the highest-paid American linemen in the CFL.

“Edwin’s kind of in a situation where he doesn’t want to put his name on paper until he finds out what’s happening with Stanley,” Hufnagel said. “Obviously, he’d rather go and try to play somewhere where he may have a better chance to get on the field.”

-- SB Nik Lewis

This one is interesting. Considering how important No. 82 has been to the Stampeders franchise over the past decade, it seems weird his tenure may end with a Grey Cup win and a whimper.

With a loaded receiver depth chart in Calgary and Lewis on the downside of a hall-of-fame career, the Stampeders don’t seem keen on another go-round.

“I’m not quite sure,” Hufnagel said when asked if there’s room for Lewis. “I’m not going to make a decision right now. We’ll just have to see how this all plays out, and, hopefully, it will be amicable for both parties.

“He’s going to explore his options in free agency and see what’s best. We’ve had open communication with Nik —

I talked to him on Friday — and so we’ll just have to see how this all plays out.”

-- WR Brad Sinopoli

There seems to be a big monetary gap here, and Sinopoli will have a number of suitors Tuesday, with the Ottawa RedBlacks likely leading the charge for the former GeeGees quarterback, who’s hauled in 54 balls over the past two seasons.

“Brad has an offer, but right now, we’re not on the same page as far as the price-tag, so he’ll be going into free agency, and there’s a strong pull to get back east, also, so we’re fighting that a little bit,” Hufnagel said.

-- DB Keenan MacDougall

This one is fairly straightforward. If another CFL club can convince the 2012 third-round pick that he can get on the field more often for them, MacDougall could be gone. He’d be a big loss from a special-teams perspective.

“We have an understanding,” Hufnagel said. “Keenan would like to find a place where maybe he has a better opportunity to be on the field. I had a meeting with Keenan last week, and he likes Calgary. He’d like to play for Calgary, but he’d also like to find the possibility of being able to be on the field more.”

-- DT Micah Johnson

Rehabbing from a second ACL tear in as many seasons, Johnson’s status won’t be known for some time. He wants to look at NFL options when he’s healthy and go from there later this spring.

“Basically, his rehab’s going very, very well,” Hufnagel said. “He’d like to maybe get an opportunity and be a free agent in the NFL, and if that doesn’t occur, then I expect him to be talking with us and being a Stampeder.”​

@JimTothSports: Another name #Bombers interested from #CFL Free Agency is Hamilton import O-Lineman Mark Dile

We might have been better off staying with January if he's who we end up with.
I don't know much about him other than he's youngish at 28 years old and played a full season at RT. Is he no good?

@JimTothSports: Another name #Bombers interested from #CFL Free Agency is Hamilton import O-Lineman Mark Dile

We might have been better off staying with January if he's who we end up with.
I don't know much about him other than he's youngish at 28 years old and played a full season at RT. Is he no good?

He's actually 28. But you were partially right, he used to be 25.

Other than that, I don't know anything about him either other than Hamilton really didn't seem interested in bringing him back.