2015 NHL ALL STAR GAME ... yawn ...

IC Khari

The All-Star game is useless. I don't understand why the big four sports insist on having them.

The NFL one is kinda lame as it's before the Super Bowl and thus does not include players from that.

I had to turn off the skills comp tonight but I might watch the thing tomorrow.

Not in Hawaii anymore. It's in AZ which is nice but it's not the Aloha State. I also liked the NFL Pro Bowl a week after the Super Bowl so the players from those teams could play. 

I FF'ed through most of the skills competition. I like the ones that are actual skill measurements like accuracy and slap shot. But all star weekend isn't really for people like us. It's for sponsors and kids.

It's a showcase weekend for the players & the NHL. Who cares if its for sponsors or not? That's not a horrible thing as companies throw millions at the NHL. Every league but the CFL has one. 

The skills competition is pretty cool normally but sometimes seems like guys are just going through the motions. The announcing on CBC was horrible too so that didn't help. Can't believe Healy and those guys get all worked up about RYJO from Columbus taking off his jersey and have an ohio state Jersey under neath, like wheres the creativity there? Not much creativity in that breakaway challenge there or whatever it was called, seen it all before. Guess only so much you can do, Thought Giroux was most creative, at least he tried different things.

The all star game tho? It's a waste of time and money really. Doubt many people watch it, it's just pond hockey really, no hitting, no goaltending really, No D at all. It's kind of a joke actually.

I'll say this, the best all star game is the baseball one because atleast it means something, winning league gets homefield in the world series, that's cool at least but seeing the NHL one, what's the point? I don't really care about the game because it's really just guys going through the motions really. I'll say this, if the all star "week-end" came to Winnipeg, i might go check out the skills competition and the stuff outside the arena they do, but the game itself?  probably not. Pretty crazy high ticket prices apparently. 

The skills competition is pretty cool normally but sometimes seems like guys are just going through the motions. The announcing on CBC was horrible too so that didn't help. Can't believe Healy and those guys get all worked up about RYJO from Columbus taking off his jersey and have an ohio state Jersey under neath, like wheres the creativity there? Not much creativity in that breakaway challenge there or whatever it was called, seen it all before. Guess only so much you can do, Thought Giroux was most creative, at least he tried different things.

The all star game tho? It's a waste of time and money really. Doubt many people watch it, it's just pond hockey really, no hitting, no goaltending really, No D at all. It's kind of a joke actually.

I'll say this, the best all star game is the baseball one because atleast it means something, winning league gets homefield in the world series, that's cool at least but seeing the NHL one, what's the point? I don't really care about the game because it's really just guys going through the motions really. I'll say this, if the all star "week-end" came to Winnipeg, i might go check out the skills competition and the stuff outside the arena they do, but the game itself?  probably not. Pretty crazy high ticket prices apparently. 

Again, YOU might think it's a waste of time & money. Others don't.  

I think the last time I enjoyed an NHL All Star thing, I was about 12. Now, it's just so lame and a waste of everyone's time. While I agree with the general sentiment that ASGs are lame for all sports, the baseball one has always been the best, if only for the fact that there's something on the line....home field advantage for the team in the World Series. In baseball, there's a lot less chance of guys getting hurt, so they can compete at a higher level. Football and hockey, much greater chance of getting hurt, so they all dial it down, and it ends up super lame.

I hate this breakaway challenge thing. When they said fans vote on the winner and the winner doesn't even have to score, I cringed.

You want to make the skills competition interesting?

Make it four events - keep the fastest skater, the accuracy, the hardest shot and add a real shootout. Not this breakaway challenge crap. And make it interesting. Honda likes giving away cars so much? Fine. Have every all star participate in the shootout, goalies cycle. Once you miss, you're out. Last guy left wins a car. Goalie who makes the most saves wins a car.

I'd watch that. I don't want to watch guys like Ovechkin practice the crap they try during optional skates in front of a large audience. No thanks.

You want another event?

Obstacle course.

Figure eight the circles, stick handle through pylons, chip the puck over something entering the offensive zone and shoot through a 5 hole cutout goalie.

Fastest time wins.

That'd be fun to watch.