NFL officiating

DR. CFL

also

For those who continually complain about CFL refs

You're right.

I won't be complaining about it any more.  

Some NFL fans think the game was rigged.

I don't think we've ever had to wonder about that after a CFL game.

also

For those who continually complain about CFL refs

You're right.

I won't be complaining about it any more.  

Some NFL fans think the game was rigged.

I don't think we've ever had to wonder about that after a CFL game.

First day back into the office after nearly three weeks off .. was kind of dragging .. needed a good laugh .. thanks for that.

In all seriousness though CFL officiating is far and away more inconsistent than any NFL game.  It's to the point that players don't know what to expect within an individual game; PI is called so inconsistently .. even the criteria for calling PI on review was "up for interpretation" from week to week .. game to game .. and IN a game itself .. .. and yes .. there have been countless threads .. countless cries that CFL games have been rigged.  But let's be honest, any league .. any sport .. will have it's share of officiating gaffes.  Until such time officiating a contest is no longer a "people driven process" .. it will be prone to human error.

With respect to the Dallas / Detroit game yesterday .. it was a brutal pick up.  I'm not sure if it's a case of these crews not working together normally and there isn't that intrinsic trust factor .. but that was PI plain and simple .. any time a receiver is coming back toward a ball, there's contact and a defender ISN'T attempting to play the ball .. it's always going to be called PI.

needed a good laugh .. thanks for that.

No thank YOU for the laugh, if you actually think the CFL has been rigged for financial or other reasons.

Reading Comp 101 my good friend .. I never suggested *I* thought that CFL games have been rigged .. fixed .. or otherwise unduly influenced.  I was just pointing out that fans, the league over, have made the assertion at times.

But what I think you're getting at is the 'Dean Blandino Incident' with him being on the Cowboy's Party Bus with Stephen Jones .. the perception of impropriety .. and how the league, the Cowboys, and Blandino himself have turned down any request for comment.   Hey, if I was a fan of the Lions .. a member of that organization .. or involved with ANY team in the NFL and saw that .. I can't say I'd be too impressed .. I might be a bit pissed .. especially given how the use of replay is increasing and it's a centralized function .. when owner's invest 100s of millions of dollars a year on a team and fight for the slightest edge .. things like this erode confidence .. moreso when an overturned call can mean the difference between making the playoffs and a top 10 draft pick.

Reading Comp 101 my good friend .. I never suggested *I* thought that CFL games have been rigged .. fixed .. or otherwise unduly influenced.  I was just pointing out that fans, the league over, have made the assertion at times.

But what I think you're getting at is the 'Dean Blandino Incident' with him being on the Cowboy's Party Bus with Stephen Jones 

reading comp….ok sorry, missed that. I haven't heard that one re CFL. 

There's so much gambling money riding on NFL games, and TV revenue, anything is possible.

A friend pointed out, the match ups now are

Brady     v    Flacco 

Rogers   v Romo 

Wilson…. v. Newton

Luck  v. Manning

TV/NFL financial dream.

What are you guys talking about?!?!?! They made the right call when they picked up that flag. No penalty for the ball hitting you in the shoulder, and the rec made first contact with the LB. No call needed!! Cowboys win! 

SUCK IT LIONS!!!!

p.s....I may be a bit of a cowboy fan. ;)

After carefully reviewing the rules, I cannot find any way for both Detroit and Dallas to lose their playoff game, so one of those miserable franchises was going to have to win.

The collection of human garbage vs Murrrrrrrica's team.

I was cheering for the meteor strike.

I think they got the call wrong, it probably was pass interference and even defensive holding like the video there suggests but i will say this, there was over 8 minutes left in the game, yes that's not as much as 8 minutes left in a CFL game but... it's enough time for the lions to get the ball back, go downfield and score again. The thing nobody mentions in all this is, the next play stafford could have thrown an interception, we will never know... doubt it right but... it's not like that call or non call cost the lions the game exactly, could it have maybe lead to them losing the game? sure, but with over 8 minutes left in the game, that's enough time to get the ball back and score again.

Forgive my ignorance, i turned the game off earlier but... what did the lions do on 4th and 1? did they punt? why not go for it? did they go for it and get stuffed?

what did they do on 4th down? 

I'm a lions fan too and even i don't think it cost them the game, The lions are a team that starts off quick but then doesn't do anything the rest of the way, whole season they struggled against teams with winning records, cowboys had a winning record, it was 14-0 at one point, Lions could have put the cowboys away early but just couldn't do it. You can blame calls or non calls but reality in sports is, it's never just one call or non call that costs you the game. 

And I guess the Cowboy WR taking off his helmet and arguing with an official wasn't a penalty either? Interesting how fans have a tendency to lose objectivity when they don't agree with officiating.

There is no discretion on that one.