Leafs @ Jets

Jacquie

Going to be very interesting to see what happens on our blue line when everyone gets back from injury.   From the play of Chiarot to these comments on Buff:

Trouba, Bogo, Enstrom, Stuart, Buff, Chiarot....

2 or 3 of Pardy, Postma, Clitsome, Harrison are going to be trade bait or lost to waivers.

How many of you were disgusted with Glenn Healey last night either pumping up the Leafs whenever he could or making excuses for them?? It was supposed to be a national broadcast & we were subjected to Leaf homerism the entire game. Healey's useless. And the Leaf err... HNIC studio panel has Byfuglien leaving maybe as soon as July as they think there's no way Winnipeg can re-sign him to an extension before 2016 even though we're $20 million under the salary cap.

Going to be very interesting to see what happens on our blue line when everyone gets back from injury. From the play of Chiarot to these comments on Buff:

https://twitter.com/Ted_Wyman/status/551579029849907202

https://twitter.com/Ted_Wyman/status/551579203775131648

2 or 3 of Pardy, Postma, Clitsome, Harrison are going to be trade bait or lost to waivers.

Something has to give because that's three right handed D none of whom are going to play the 5-6 pairing.

I've previously remarked that I think there is a disconnect between Maurice and chevy and these comments would support that. Maurice thinks it's easy to find a top 9 guy. And yet chevy hasn't been able to or willing to.

Going to be very interesting to see what happens on our blue line when everyone gets back from injury. From the play of Chiarot to these comments on Buff:

Something has to give because that's three right handed D none of whom are going to play the 5-6 pairing.

I've previously remarked that I think there is a disconnect between Maurice and chevy and these comments would support that. Maurice thinks it's easy to find a top 9 guy. And yet chevy hasn't been able to or willing to.

You mean besides Perreault right... and Frolik... Scheifele... Lowry...

Or I suppose we were supposed to trade for someone the day after Kane was injured a week ago?

You're a better reader than I am if you can decipher that there is a disconnect supported by that statement.

You know what I get from that statement?

That it is easier to find top 9 forwards than it is to find a player like Byfuglien.

That's it.

And that is basically correct.

There is no hidden message.

Or I suppose we were supposed to trade for someone the day after Kane was injured a week ago?

Whoops. I missed when all those guys were brought in after Buff was moved to D. My bad.

Whoops. I missed when all those guys were brought in after Buff was moved to D. My bad.

When Kane was healthy, we didn't need another 'top 9' forward - third ilne was producing.

Top 9 forwards can be found but not in one week unless you think Roy or Heatley will make a difference...

Would be nice to have Jokinen right now though, better than Thorburn.

Little surprised that O'Dell is not in the picture

Galliardi looked good last night. He just needs a chance and he will be fine. Gonna admit I was wrong about buff. He is a very good d man. Beast mode right now.

Toby Bogo

Buff Chiarot

Trouba Stuart

Who cares what way they shoot. It's kind of irrelevant

Oh and Jokinen wouldn't help. He is sucking. Darn near healthy scratched in Nashville. Not a good year for Joki. I'd rather galliardi or an ahl call up get a shot. Roy is done. So is Heatley.

Galiardi could fill that role but nothing this season as indicated he can.

If Lowry is a mainstay on 3rd line we have two guys that have been scratches playing with him. Kane didn't fill both of those roles.

The fourth line has had games where they barely play. Our GM has provided a line up that the coach does not feel is ready to play consistent minutes. An upgrade is needed. We all know that.

Galliardi looked good last night. He just needs a chance and he will be fine. Gonna admit I was wrong about buff. He is a very good d man. Beast mode right now.

Toby Bogo

Buff Chiarot

Trouba Stuart

Who cares what way they shoot. It's kind of irrelevant

Oh and Jokinen wouldn't help. He is sucking. Darn near healthy scratched in Nashville. Not a good year for Joki. I'd rather galliardi or an ahl call up get a shot. Roy is done. So is Heatley.

It is not irrelevant which side they play.

How is it irrelevant? If it was then there would never be a case where a team was looking for a specific handed D man. They would just switch sides

Bogo played his off side for much of last season and that was one of the things people pointed to for his off year.

Buff has played both sides as a forward. But not as a D. Ofcourse it is relevant which side they play.

Strombo v. the panel is super awkward, Kypreos and Hrudey just try not to make eye contact and wait for him to get fired in the off-season

How the hell could they have hired Strombo & exiled Ron MacLean? Strombo looked like a fish out of water last night. Kypreos & Hrudey came to work & Strombo was going clubbing after the broadcast. 

Strombo is supposed to attract a new younger generation. I'm not sure it's working. What are the ratings like. That is the only number that matters. I have heard they aren't as strong as past seasons. Perhaps sportsnet has alienated some fans, from comments I'd guess they have. Not just from this forum but others as well. Seems lots of people don't care for the new hockey night in canada.

Imo it's not just Strombo it's the entire setup they have. All the analysts suck. The announcers too. It's just bad and kind of amateur.

They will get better in time as they move forward and make changes and bring in better talent. TSN went around locking up key talent after the switch to keep them

From

Rogers.

I don't have a problem with Strombo per se. I think some people might consider it dksrespectful to put an entertainment guy in that role. It's one thing to sit back and listen to debate and analysis from hockey people but what legitimacy does he have in that role?

I would have kept Ron as host of HNIC and Strombo hosting the other shows. Have them interact. Let Ron "endorse" the kid. No risk in alienating fans.