Game 38 : Isles @ Jets

Question is will chevy do anything or not

My guess is no.  With Enstrom and Bogo both supposed to be back in January (early or late?), they will try to weather the storm.

They will be out of a playoff spot quickly if they go on an extended losing streak.

The Islanders are just a better team than we are, especially without our TOP 4 D men. We could probably compete with them with our top 4 but when it's buff and 5 AHL calibre guys, not a chance. Isles dominated us from start to finish, and got all the breaks. Do have to say that the officiating in this one made me shake my head at times, Not sure if its reputation but it seems The Isles got away with some calls that the Jets wouldn't have. 

Refs obviously got to a few of the players too and the coaches for that matter,  Buff being one who obviously lost it a bit later in the game, can't say i blame him, that was a pretty weak call on him to put the isles on the 5-3 PP. 

Pav played well, had no chance on 3 of the goals for sure, the 4th one, little weak to say the least but Nielsen probably should have been called for elbowing chiarots head earlier in the play at the isles blue line. 

I dont think we have done so bad the last bit considering we lost our top 4 D and then lost a forward ( Buff ) because we had to move him to D. Thats alot of guys all at once. Now we loose Kane also.

We lack in depth forsure right now and its going to show because we are hurting big time.

Im concerned because to fall out of spot can be quick and im jus hoping we can keep up.

I will say that any team that looses the players like we have had to deal with would hurt any team and set them back.

I dont think we have done so bad the last bit considering we lost our top 4 D and then lost a forward ( Buff ) because we had to move him to D. Thats alot of guys all at once. Now we loose Kane also.

We lack in depth forsure right now and its going to show because we are hurting big time.

Im concerned because to fall out of spot can be quick and im jus hoping we can keep up.

I will say that any team that looses the players like we have had to deal with would hurt any team and set them back.

Absolutely, however what separates average teams from good teams from great teams is their depth. And right now, we're seeing what we have. It will be a good indicator where are team sits and choices we may need to make as injuries drag on.