D Lineup

Floyd

***For Entertainment/Speculation purposes only***  :-)

Our favourite rumour site has this one:

* The Maple Leafs aren't done with changes. A source I trust tells me that the coaching change was more of "Phase 1" than the whole deal. The Leafs have been talking to the Jets about Zach Bogosian, but obviously want to see if he is indeed healthy. He is playing tonight and many teams will be watching. The word is Joffrey Lupul/Jake Gardiner would be in such a deal.

*** Hadnt considered that before...Bogo for Lupol.  Thoughts? 

I certainly hope not. I'd have no interest in either one of those guys.

Lupul would be a good grab but not for a player with youth and skill of Bogo straight up.  Though I noticed JP is a right shooting LW.  If he can play RW, he's even better.  Keep Buff on D, and it improves out top six/nine considerably.

While its unlikely the Jets make many moves if any at all, if Frolik is without a contract at the trade deadline, Chevy will have a big decision to make.

Enstrom for Lupul? WTF and WHY? Enstrom is our best LHD and on a contract that is very good and long term, Lupul is an injury prone winger who wouldn't crack our top 6. 

Why the heck would a Fan of the Jets even propose such garbage. 

Enstrom should be able to get you something better than an injury prone winger on a bad contract. 

Do people pay attention to the Jets? Draft and Develop approach or just think.. Hey, let's move this guy for that guy just because.

A top 2 D man for not even a top 6 forward? Toronto adds and adds quite a bit actually. 

Let's just throw away our top d men for nothing? You kidding me? Want to become the Oilers? 

Most i'd give for Lupul and i wouldn't touch him but.. Postma and Thorburn. Nothing more. The guy just isn't worth much and definitely not worth a top 2 d men, hell not even worth a top 4 d men. Do people think D men grow on trees? 

Trade Kane + 1st rounder to 1st overall.

0% chance that would be enough. McDavid is going to be a franchise player. You don't hand those guys over for a 2nd liner and a 10-20 pick.

The last time a "generational" prospect was traded was LIndros. Philly had to give up a tonne (Peter Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philly’s first-round pick in 1993 and 1994, and $15 million in cash) to get him. McDavid is the at the level Lindros was coming out of Junior and will also demand a huge return.

Imagine if he did what Lindros did & said he didn't want the Oilers to draft him? Can't see that happening in today's NHL.