D Lineup

Floyd

Westwood asking on twitter who the Jets 6 Dmen should be once everyone is healthy...

If Kane is back, I would leave Buf on D

Trouba-Stuart

Buff-Chiarot

Enstrom-Bogo

Would really try to trade Bogo for a top six C-RW... Kane-Lowry-Eberle would look pretty nice

Position of most need is forward. Buff goes back. Chairot's play makes that even more likely.

I think that would be a mistake. He's good at forward, but he's been great on D. I'd go with the same six guys Floyd named, though I might change the groupings. Stuart could finally be the bottom pairing dman he should be. Buff-Enstrom, Bogo-Trouba, Stuart-Chiarot. Those first two pairing have worked together before so it's not like they'd be strangers to each other.

When Kane's in the lineup we have three effective lines. If we want to add another guy we could probably deal Postma for a decent 3/4 line player. He's big, young, and has some offensive upside.

Position of most need is forward. Buff goes back. Chairot's play makes that even more likely.

I think that would be a mistake. He's good at forward, but he's been great on D. I'd go with the same six guys Floyd named, though I might change the groupings. Stuart could finally be the bottom pairing dman he should be. Buff-Enstrom, Bogo-Trouba, Stuart-Chiarot. Those first two pairing have worked together before so it's not like they'd be strangers to each other.

When Kane's in the lineup we have three effective lines. If we want to add another guy we could probably deal Postma for a decent 3/4 line player. He's big, young, and has some offensive upside.

Your line pairings have two RHD on the second line and two LHD on the third line.  Coaches are usually reluctant to do that unless they are forced to.

I assumed his pairings weren't in order since Enstron-Bogo as 5-6 is laughable.

I think buff switches back and we figure out the D in the off season.

Enstron

Bogo

Trouba

Stuart

Those are your top four barring a trade or buff sticking. Which means two of:

Chairot

Clit

Postma

Harrison

Pardy

play the bottom two spots. Pardy could be waived. Chairot going down might be best in the short term but he's shown he can play so he's in the plan for next season.

I just don't see the jets doing anything major before the off season. With clitty's contract he's likely the 6-7 guy.

Postma has been okay. I'd circle him as trade bait down the road as a young puck moving D man.

There has to be some thought given to moving Bogo who has value.

Chairot going down might be best in the short term but he's shown he can play so he's in the plan for next season.

Chairot has to go on waivers to be sent down. We would almost certainly lose him to another team.

Will he considering he was called up due to injury to someone else?

From Capgeek:

http://capgeek.com/waiver-calculator/?player_submit=1&player_id=1924

Ben Chiarot's waiver exemption of 3 year(s) and 138 career NHL regular season and playoff game(s) has ended. He has been credited with 3 year(s) and 13 career game(s).

I'd rather trade Buff than Bogo that's for sure, Bogo is a young guy who was having a very solid season, it seems everyone loves the big flashy offensive d men but D is all about playing D and bogo was doing that well prior to his injury. It's not all about the stats and the goals and the points, it's about playing solid D and that's what we were doing b4 the top 4 all got hurt. 

When they are back

Bogo,Toby

Trouba,Stuart

and no clue who the bottom 2 are

Chiarot and someone more than likely altho chiarot has been exposed a bit these last few games too, clitsome and those guys looked good their first few games here too but chiarot in reality is probably at best a 5th or 6th d man in the long haul. 

Buff to forward is pretty obvious.

Anyone talking about trading our young d to Edmonton for a forward needs to look at edmonton to see how that actually works. It doesn't. The reason the oilers aren't good, among many other reasons is because they have ignored their D and tried to create a team based on forwards, it doesn't work when you don't have guys who can't get those guys the puck... seeing it here now too with the injuries, part of the problem right now is breakout passes aren't on the tape, instead of chipping it off the boards, our d are icing it lots. That wasn't the case when our top 4 were healthy. 

I like buff but when he pinches and gets caught, he floats back, he doesn't back check well. He kind of gives up easily at times. The guy is a good player but looking at the future of the team, buff is the guy i'd look at trading over anyone else. Cuz he's the guy who might get the best return actually. Teams might actually overpay for Buff, and i'm not sure i see him fitting in here in the long term, are we stanley cup contenders? Probably not, are we on the upswing? it seems like we might be, when we get there, how old would a guy like buff be? 

Our team isn't being built around guys like Buff, it's being built around guys like scheif, trouba, bogo, kane even, lowry, the younger guys. Does buff fit in to that equation, when we are legit contenders, how old will a guy like buff be? when does a guy like buff start to lose the value he has? Probably sooner than some think. 

Our team isn't being built around guys like Buff, it's being built around guys like scheif, trouba, bogo, kane even, lowry, the younger guys. Does buff fit in to that equation, when we are legit contenders, how old will a guy like buff be? when does a guy like buff start to lose the value he has? Probably sooner than some think. 

It's important to be reasonably competitive while the team is being built. For that reason, I think Buff will stay.

You simply can't put a value on our very own Prius, Byfuglien.

He has already shown his value this year..big time.

Injury to your top 4 D?  No problem. 

Take a forward, and throw him back on D.

Every team can do that, right?

No matter how long Byfuglien wears a Jet sweater, he has already stamped this team with his mark and made the Jets a more entertaining team.

As to whether he goes back to forward? I doubt it, at this point.

Too many D injuries to wait out and re-condition. They'll be in playoff battle at that time.

But it really doesn't matter, as our hybrid player can make a difference on D as well, his very own Buffer zone.

Calling it now, Buff for ROR from colorado once all the D are healthy again. 

What an absolute disaster of a trade that would be.  No chance this happens.

Byfuglien is one of our top 2 D.  ROR would be a 2nd/3rd line winger.  Terrible trade-off.

Not to mention O'Reilly has a $6M cap hit and will also be UFA after next season.

Byfuglien is one of our top 2 D.  ROR would be a 2nd/3rd line winger.  Terrible trade-off.

Not to mention O'Reilly has a $6M cap hit and will also be UFA after next season.

Buff has a similar cap hit and will also be a UFA after next season too. 

Buff has a similar cap hit and will also be a UFA after next season too

That's why I said also.

Why trade a guy with an expiring contract for another guy with an expiring contract? That's trading for the sake of trading. Buff's cap hit is $800k lower. He has comparable value as a winger and can play a top pairing role on D. It would be a terrible trade.

Buff is a core member of the team and a top-pairing defenceman.  He is arguably the strongest player in the NHL, has a fantastic shot, is a great skater, is great on the power play, popular in the dressing room, and on top of all that can also fill a role as a top-9 forward if necessary.

Ryan O'Reilly is a decent 2nd/3rd line forward who makes almost a million more than Buff per year and has barely put up 0.5 points per game this season.  He also has generally been a distraction to his team for the past year and a half... notice the constant trade rumours.