A Clear Explanation For BB Woes

Snowboy

The problems this team now faces are so multi-faceted that a total housecleaning is now in order. No more tinkering. We got what we deserved by hiring:

-A CEO wirh no CFL experience and replacing him with a CEO with CFL expperience but no CEO experience. ( we don't learn)

- a GM decades removed from the CFL with no GM experience and replacing him with a GM with no experience.( we don't learn)

- A head coach with no head coach experience.

- A OC with no CFL experience.

- A DC with a losing experience that was somebody's friend.

All this backed up by a meddling knee jerk board of directors, and a disillusioned fan base, clearly explains where we are at today...................and we spent so much time blaming Buck. Not that he is excused, as there are digns of deterioration. But we have also been mislead with talent level. In terms of players, who needs to be replaced:

- right side of o-line

-Simpson-lost a step since surgery and cut problems

-Denmark-route running problems

-Poblah- can't catch

-CM- can't make a play

- Suber- lost his closing speed and height issues with "tall drinks of water"

- JJ maybe(last two games OK)

- Stewart- speed and desire seem to have vanished

In terms of QB ride Buck till he's injured again, backed by Hall and Goltz and actively dig for talent or trade.

i would guess that at this point in time, Miller is the only guy with firing authority.

Yes......and he has to exercise it quickly as this season is probably done with our latest loss to a division rival. In my estimation firing Burke would be a mercy killing. The look and expressions on his face lately. as well as the questionable comments suggests he is totally lost and neutered in this environment now. Crowton as well as the DC will be replaced by a new HC.

No leadership at any level in the organization, no accountability at the top.  The structure doesn't work as it is, hasn't worked with hundreds of board members over the last 20+ years.  Time for real change, hopefully the stadium debt and much lower revenue than projected will be the catalyst that the disaster on the football side for decades has not been.

The problems this team now faces are so multi-faceted that a total housecleaning is now in order. No more tinkering. We got what we deserved by hiring:

-A CEO wirh no CFL experience and replacing him with a CEO with CFL expperience but no CEO experience. ( we don't learn)

- a GM decades removed from the CFL with no GM experience and replacing him with a GM with no experience.( we don't learn)

Who did you want to be brought in as acting CEO? Lyle Bauer?

As for GM, do you want to limit your choices by bringing in a guy who is available now or do you wait until the off season when you have more potential candidates available?

Time for real change, hopefully the stadium debt and much lower revenue than projected will be the catalyst that the disaster on the football side for decades has not been.

What makes you think revenue will be "much lower than projected"?

Bauer would be an excellent choice to get this place in order. The problem is some of the egos on the Board aren't happy that left because of their desire to interfere. We are now living with the results of that. Buchko, Mack.....and counting

I so disagree. Bauer had absolute power when he was here and he was the one doing the interfering. Being the genius behind Mike Kelly is reason enough to say no.

teams that give their fans nothing to cheer about don't get as many asses in seats.

But ticket sales is only one revenue stream. Sponsorship was up this season. Some major sponsorship deals were just signed. A couple of successful concerts.

Problem is pretty simple to explain, you have stupid people making stupid and cheap decisions up top, and it's clearly trickling down.

The HC has no control over this team and is in over his head.

or buying merch

I know I've put off buying a new jersey, where I probably used to get one every couple of years (when you consider the 50's and 70's retros in the last little while).  

Through in the fact that I have Jets jerseys that compete with my jersey buys, and they do have to be suffering merchandise wise.

the only change I could even see right now is crowton getting canned. I mean what will firing a HC do right now? Is an acting GM recently appointed by an acting CEO really going to fire a HC and replace him mid season? maybe with an acting HC and what good candidate would want that?

but bottom line you gotta put asses in the seats or you don't get the expected revenue.

True but I doubt they made revenue projections based on a sell-out every game - hoped they would but didn't bank on it. I don't see revenues being so bad that it acts as some sort of catalyst to change the structure of the BoD or cause an overhaul of the organization structure.