Esks sign Justin Goltz

Doublezero

I wonder if he's been working out up until now, or just hanging out on the couch eating Doritos and Mountain Dew?

Dewitos

Seriously, if you missed the Colbert piece on this, google it.

That stuff ought to go right up there with Burger King's hamburger poutine, deep-fried twinkies and pork rinds with cheese.

Goltz can run if nothing else.

This exactly.  Great short yardage guy.  The fact that no defense seemed to stop him when he came out to do short yardage for us astounds me.  I mean...look, Goltz is out there, they're obviously going for short yardage, yet he pulls it off and then some.  Just because he can't throw worth anything.

Yeah, Goltz was an historic qb of epic proportion. Of course he couldn't hit a receiver from 10 feet away if he walked the ball over & gave it to him. And he couldn't read a defense. But all that's beside the point.

No one is saying Goltz was a good QB, we said he's a great short yardage guy and great and running it in, in the red zone.

No one on here is saying he could throw the ball.

Word here is Reilly is pretty much done. They signed Goltz because Pat White is done too. Reilly 'may' be able to play in an emergency,Goltz was brought in no doubt for QB sneaks. As already mentioned, he's a big guy who at least did that one thing right. My bet - Nichols > or = to Joseph. Durant will play in the game before Reilly will, and Goltz will fumble the ball away allowing Sask to go to Calgary. :(

Word here is Reilly is pretty much done. They signed Goltz because Pat White is done too. Reilly 'may' be able to play in an emergency,Goltz was brought in no doubt for QB sneaks. As already mentioned, he's a big guy who at least did that one thing right. My bet - Nichols > or = to Joseph. Durant will play in the game before Reilly will, and Goltz will fumble the ball away allowing Sask to go to Calgary. :(

Don't say stuff like that. Go wash your mouth out with Drano.

Yeah, Goltz was an historic qb of epic proportion. Of course he couldn't hit a receiver from 10 feet away if he walked the ball over & gave it to him. And he couldn't read a defense. But all that's beside the point.

No one is saying Goltz was a good QB, we said he's a great short yardage guy and great and running it in, in the red zone.

No one on here is saying he could throw the ball.

A qb who can't throw? Who knew? ;)

Just laughing at how wrong you were, but that's all hindsight.

Why did they sign Goltz and have Reilly doing the short yardage? Is Goltz that outta playing shape (mentally or physically) to not be able to do the short yardage work? Will he take them next week?

Those short yardage plays are tough to do coming in cold off the bench.

....not sure if serious..