Had we beaten BC last time ...

IC Khari

Well this topic was a fail. Seriously though, losing those two home games to the Riders plus the ones to Hamilton and BC are more and more painful. I wouldn't say that any of those three teams are much better than we are.

Next season the Bombers win those games. I'm confident Bombers win at least 9-10 games next season.

Could've won them this year too. We were outplayed at the QB position - rest of the team played well enough to win those games.

Durant in 3 games  vs WPG  13 for 21 for 115 yards

14 for 26 for204 yards

8 for 9 77 yards  

Hardly sounds like stats from somebody that outplayed anybody

Um, 8 for 9 is pretty good, but he got hurt remember? Sunseri came in - check his stats out. I won't argue - I really don't care. It's an opinion forum and it's my opinion, right or wrong. We'll see more next year and hopefully Willy will be better but I still like Marve. 

yeah, 8 for 9 is good...for 77 yards!!!!! Again, hardly sounds like he outplayed anybody...If you're too lazy to find stats to back up your own argument, I'll do it for you.  Sunseri was 2 for 5 for 30 yards... so combined stats were 10 of 14 for 107 yards.....in 4 quarters of play.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted it.  Yes this is a forum with opinions, but If you're going to run and hide like that, you lose credibility

Well this topic was a fail. Seriously though, losing those two home games to the Riders plus the ones to Hamilton and BC are more and more painful. I wouldn't say that any of those three teams are much better than we are.

Next season the Bombers win those games. I'm confident Bombers win at least 9-10 games next season.

Could've won them this year too. We were outplayed at the QB position - rest of the team played well enough to win those games.

Willy had his struggles towards the end of the season, however, in the games against the RIders at home and against Hamilton he outplayed the opposing QB. You are just making crap up.

Willy had his struggles towards the end of the season, however, in the games against the RIders at home and against Hamilton he outplayed the opposing QB. You are just making crap up.

He was pretty brutal in the first game against the Riders. I thought that was one of his worst games actually. Those three picks he threw were absolute killers.

14 for 26 for204 yards

8 for 9 77 yards  

Um, 8 for 9 is pretty good, but he got hurt remember? Sunseri came in - check his stats out. I won't argue - I really don't care. It's an opinion forum and it's my opinion, right or wrong. We'll see more next year and hopefully Willy will be better but I still like Marve. 

yeah, 8 for 9 is good...for 77 yards!!!!! Again, hardly sounds like he outplayed anybody...If you're too lazy to find stats to back up your own argument, I'll do it for you.  Sunseri was 2 for 5 for 30 yards... so combined stats were 10 of 14 for 107 yards.....in 4 quarters of play.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted it.  Yes this is a forum with opinions, but If you're going to run and hide like that, you lose credibility

I'm wondering if he even watched the games he's commenting about. The Riders beat us by running the ball. Their passing game was anemic or non existent in all 3 games against us. It wasn't a QB duel that's for sure. Willy went for over 300 yards in 2 out of the 3 games. We got beat because of a non existent pass defence, turnovers, and some suspect ST play in all 3 games. There was not a single game that our offence did not out score their offence.

He was pretty brutal in the first game against the Riders. I thought that was one of his worst games actually. Those three picks he threw were absolute killers.

They hurt, However, I blame 2 out of 3 of those on the play calling and on a receiver making no effort to go to the ball. Fact of the matter is that we scored more points on offence than they did. If we could stop turning the ball over for TDs, or stop Dressler on KRs this series looks a lot different. Who gets a FG blocked for a TD? The luck was running the Riders way. Willy played well. He was not the cause of any of our defeats to the Riders.

They hurt, However, I blame 2 out of 3 of those on the play calling and on a receiver making no effort to go to the ball. Fact of the matter is that we scored more points on offence than they did. If we could stop turning the ball over for TDs, or stop Dressler on KRs this series looks a lot different. Who gets a FG blocked for a TD? The luck was running the Riders way. Willy played well. He was not the cause of any of our defeats to the Riders.

I was at that game, and it was difficult to tell who should have worn the goat horns, but Willy had happy feet the whole second half after being pounded in the first half.

I seem to remember a cross field pick-six intended for JFG late in the first game that was the nail in the coffin.  Willy threw that pass and even took responsibility for the loss.

In the first game he lost a fumble for a touchdown, threw a terrible pick six that gave up the lead in the last three mins and then to top it off he threw another pick by forcing a deep ball on the ensuing drive. Willy can definitely wear the horns for the first Rider game. It's interesting actually, even though the stats don't back it whatsoever, I think Wily easily played his best game against the Riders on Labor Day. 

In the first game he lost a fumble for a touchdown, threw a terrible pick six that gave up the lead in the last three mins and then to top it off he threw another pick by forcing a deep ball on the ensuing drive. Willy can definitely wear the horns for the first Rider game. It's interesting actually, even though the stats don't back it whatsoever, I think Wily easily played his best game against the Riders on Labor Day. 

Well, if you want to blame Willy for getting absolutely crunched on that fumble for a touchdown, then I see your point.

Or if you can absolutely blame Willy for the tipped ball that led to the 28 yrd int. for a TD, then again I would say he's a goat.

Or two more fumbles, of which he had no part, but still only lost by 6 points, then goat to it.

But i won't.

IF we beat BC we would have had a chance...

IF we beat Sask once we would have had a chance...

IF we beat Hamilton on 1st and goal from the 3 we would have had a chance...

But then again all those things could happen and....

IF we don't win last second against Mtl...

IF we don't win last second against Ham...

IF we don't get the game handed to us in the snow-bowl against Calgary...

then we're in the exact same situation... no use in discussing woulda/coulda/shouldas... the season went the way it did, revisionist history doesn't change that...

14 for 26 for204 yards

8 for 9 77 yards  

Who's hiding - I'm right here. Really, what were his rushing stats? Are you looking at the right game? I do know that game, like most games, we couldn't stop the run. I also know that game, like the game before and and games after, Willy couldn't string together a few first downs in a row to keep our Defense off the field. We can go around and around and around all you want, it's not all Willy, never said it was, but he's no fricken 'golden boy' I can tell you that. He f'd up a lot in the second half of the year, and his play got worse and worse every game. Injury? Shell Shock? Who knows - what I do know is he was terrible last half of the year, and certainly didn't help his defense with extended drives. 

But I'm sure you see it differently. 

kptcrunch, uou act like Marve is this super quarterback who'll win every game he plays for us. Well, if he was THAT GOOD he wouldn't be playing in the CFL. He'd be starting in New Orleans or for the Broncos because we all know he'd beat out those two slugs already with their teams in Drew Brees & Peyton Manning. We had another guy like you here who was thankfully banned named Road Griller who has this dumb man crush on Justin Goltz. Ultimately, all he did was end up looking like a fool & turning members here against Goltz. You seem just like him.