Should The Bombers Fix The D Next Week By Having Teague Sherman Spy Reilly Every Down?

Stopping Reilly  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should Teague Sherman Spy Him Out?

• Yes
    • No

Well, obviously tonight was a bit more of a downfall than usual, D has been rough, and obviously tonight they just didn't feel like tackling.  I don't see it being that bad every week from here on, but obviously we need to make adjustments to shut the Esks down.

Biggest one is making sure Reilly pays a price for running with the ball.  Have Teague Sherman waiting right there so when he takes off running Teague hammers him.  Take him out and the Esks offense will struggle.  Or at least keep him in the pocket where he will be less comfortable and maybe hit around a little.

Then maybe send bucknor on blitzes to take out John White on running plays.  Either way, no more backing off receivers, go play press coverage on them and make them get open instead of letting QBs play Crowton checkdown on us.

They way he played last night the only place Sherman should be headed is the bench. Jigger the ratio so we can play Sears in that spot again please.

The problem is... how? What Canadian do we have that we can start in place of an American? I guess you could figure something out like move Morley to RG and start Goossen but I don't know....

They way he played last night the only place Sherman should be headed is the bench. Jigger the ratio so we can play Sears in that spot again please.

The problem is... how? What Canadian do we have that we can start in place of an American? I guess you could figure something out like move Morley to RG and start Goossen but I don't know....

If the OL is going to get beaten anyway play less americans there, take Romby Bryant out for a NI (though if moore is back that's less of an option) There will be ways to do it, but we see last night why Sherman should still be a backup. 

I think this has been posed before, but could our shoddy tackling be explained by instructions from Etch to go for the strip rather than wrapping up the player with the ball?

As I understand it Etch does not emphasize fundamentals like tackling, he's more into the overall schematic and believes players should have the fundamentals down pat by this point in their career.  Doesn't look like a football player, he looks more like like a pharmacist.  Did he ever play?

I think this has been posed before, but could our shoddy tackling be explained by instructions from Etch to go for the strip rather than wrapping up the player with the ball?

As I understand it Etch does not emphasize fundamentals like tackling, he's more into the overall schematic and believes players should have the fundamentals down pat by this point in their career.  Doesn't look like a football player, he looks more like like a pharmacist.  Did he ever play?

So now you have to look like a football player to be a good coach?

go watch clips of the 1990 team and defence....also the grey cup

that is what we need to get back to...linebackers who are line backers....talented skilled big men who can tackle...cover...rush...create havoc

and traditional dline play be it 3 man..4 man fronts or combinations of