The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

I'm on a bit of a cover kick right now, especially acoustic covers cuz I'm always jammin with my buddy on his acoustics and doin the same thing

and then other songs we like jamming to

also I dont think they are up on youtube, but if you wanna hear some real rock n roll go to reverbnation.com and check out my bro Kyle's band 77guns, they just back together after a few years hiatus while he did other projects like BlackHound with the drummer, but those guys put on a crazy good live show

• 2 weeks later...

So..... I saw them play on Colbert last night.  I've seen Japanese metal before thanks to Global Metal and none of it really resonated with me, just too much glam and cheese. These guys intrigued me though, so I had to listen to a bit more... 1:40 through 2:20 is pure metal. I'm not ashamed. Check it out metal heads.

the vid you posted reminded me of anime but with a final fantasy soundtrack (at least FFX had their take on some metal)  the music is decent (would be better without the synthesizer) , but i dunno about these girls and their weird dancing.  I'm still waiting for the death growl and hair twirl lol 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I listen to Octane alot on Sirius - kinda like Freak 107 was but heavier, they play their share of symphonic metal, usually with a female vocalist in there,  I could see that middle chick who sings the most, becoming one of those types,  I can't imagine those 2 pig tailed girls stick around very long with that band

Yeah, Taynted is killin it these past few weeks. 

Just saw High on Fire for the first time live.  Holy crap.  Most crushing show I've seen in awhile. They've got the perfect metal combination of punishing heaviness and ninja fluidity.

I got so caught up in it that I jumped in the pit. I'm a big guy, 6'0" and 220ish and still I got tossed around like a bottle on the ocean.  So much fun.

And I'm gonna get to see Voivod in a couple months!  I've seen them a few times, but never as a headliner.  Pumped for that.

Edited by johnzo

• 2 weeks later...