Jon Cornish Not Travelling To Montreal

iso_55

Calgary is the team that you want to model yourselves after.. Canadian Depth, heck man, they had the best record in the league last year but had the first overall pick, Huff ain't playing around, why did he get that first round pick, outside of Desjardins stupidity, it's cuz Calgary has the depth at basically every position to make moves like that. Trade Gott? No problem, we will take Lavertu and still play Jones. Calgary is an example of what patience leads too. Depth Depth Depth, guys get hurt, guys come in, those guys get hurt, other guys come in. It took Huff years to get there, Calgary was in a bad place a few short years ago, Huff came in and changed things up and what you see now is what you get and what you get is probably the best team in the league all around, qb depth, rb depth, defensive depth, OL depth.. They are stacked. It took time but... look at them now. It wasn't too long ago that that oline lost tsoumpas to retirement. No tsoumpas? no problem.

They are excellent. Until November.

;)

No doubt about that. That does seem to be their only downfall, when games start to matter, they tend to crap the bed.

The sharks or chargers of the cfl

If anyone wants some entertainment go read the thread for this at rfans. I honestly can say that if anyone was neutral on rider fans they can go there and see for themselves first hand what kind of football fans they are.

Absolute classless pigs of a fan base. I can't wait for Calgary or Edmonton or whoever to roll them hard in the playoffs.

Calgary is the team that you want to model yourselves after.. Canadian Depth, heck man, they had the best record in the league last year but had the first overall pick, Huff ain't playing around, why did he get that first round pick, outside of Desjardins stupidity, it's cuz Calgary has the depth at basically every position to make moves like that. Trade Gott? No problem, we will take Lavertu and still play Jones. Calgary is an example of what patience leads too. Depth Depth Depth, guys get hurt, guys come in, those guys get hurt, other guys come in. It took Huff years to get there, Calgary was in a bad place a few short years ago, Huff came in and changed things up and what you see now is what you get and what you get is probably the best team in the league all around, qb depth, rb depth, defensive depth, OL depth.. They are stacked. It took time but... look at them now. It wasn't too long ago that that oline lost tsoumpas to retirement. No tsoumpas? no problem. 

They have one huge problem. Absolutely stellar regular seasons... And horrible playoffs. have only won 1 GC since 2008. But as far as depth goes, yes agree 100%. When they make a pick it usually is a home run. Unless it's Ameet Pall. That was definetly a swing & a  miss by Huff. 

If anyone wants some entertainment go read the thread for this at rfans. I honestly can say that if anyone was neutral on rider fans they can go there and see for themselves first hand what kind of football fans they are.

Absolute classless pigs of a fan base. I can't wait for Calgary or Edmonton or whoever to roll them hard in the playoffs.

Why are you trying to start cross board crap talking?  Rider fan opinions on the Stamps are well-known as is the personal rivalry between Cornish and riderfans.com (Cornish used to post there).

This whole "what they are saying over there" crap is pathetic.

I hate when people bring up MBB business over there (or any other board for that matter) as well.  People on all boards are utterly clueless when it comes to history and context on other boards so bringing it up is a subtle form of trolling.

What is especially disgusting is when posters randomly pick quotes and post them without any regard for context or what has been said in the entire thread in an attempt to discredit someone.

I'm disappointed in this approach as there are a lot of quality posters on this board but when administrators and senior posters stoop to this level it really irks me.  Some of us have the balls to post using the same names because we are honest posters and for this crap to be referenced out of context shows the true lack of character of these posters.

Apologies should be in order but these posters aren't of that quality.

;)

No doubt about that. That does seem to be their only downfall, when games start to matter, they tend to crap the bed. 

But they aren't relying on Glen this year.

Been going on for longer than glenn was there. It seems to be a trend of sorts in Calgary the last few years actually, very good to dominate regular season, crap the bed in the playoffs. 

They are the best regular season team for quite some time.  If they get it together they could roll over everyone come playoff time.

Why are you trying to start cross board crap talking?  Rider fan opinions on the Stamps are well-known as is the personal rivalry between Cornish and riderfans.com (Cornish used to post there).

I hate when people bring up MBB business over there (or any other board for that matter) as well.  People on all boards are utterly clueless when it comes to history and context on other boards so bringing it up is a subtle form of trolling.

What is especially disgusting is when posters randomly pick quotes and post them without any regard for context or what has been said in the entire thread in an attempt to discredit someone.

I'm disappointed in this approach as there are a lot of quality posters on this board but when administrators and senior posters stoop to this level it really irks me.  Some of us have the balls to post using the same names because we are honest posters and for this crap to be referenced out of context shows the true lack of character of these posters.

Subtle form of trolling? The pot calling the kettle black!

Subtle form of trolling? The pot calling the kettle black!

Oh really?  An administrator from this board posted some random quotes of mine from another board without any point of reference in an effort to discredit me.  I find this offensive and insulting as I like to simply to talk football.

Then I'm not on this board for a few days and another senior poster does the same thing.  Interesting thing cherry picking quotes without context.

If this is how you guys operate around here I won't be posting here much longer.  When the guys at the top act like that it doesn't say much other then "Rider fan, shut up and know your place."

Disappointing as there are some great Bomber posters on here who are knowledgeable and don't stoop to such levels.

FTR I have been posting on the Riderfans board since its inception and have never had so much as a warning.  That's over 11 years of posting on the most diverse CFL board on the internet.  I'm here for around a month and I'm a troll?  Please. 

I didn't call out any one person. Rather I said just take the whole post in. Over reaction by you and no, lol, no apology will be forthcoming.

I wasn't talking about you Resurrection as far as the apology.  Those who were cherry picking my quotes out of context know darn well what they were doing was bush league but they've done it repeatedly anyway (and no, I'm not overreacting).

However, referencing another board over here is a dangerous thing to get into.  The Riderfan.com/Ztella (Cornish) beef is an old and complicated one.  Best to leave the battle over there.

well if you don't like it why not scurry back to riderfans and whine about the poor mean Bomber fans?

Not my style.  Unfortunately that seems to be more the approach of some of posters around here who are intent on stalking me over there and quoting me completely out of context. 

well if you don't like it why not scurry back to riderfans and whine about the poor mean Bomber fans?

Not my style. Unfortunately that seems to be more the approach of some of posters around here who are intent on stalking me over there and quoting me completely out of context.

Your whining about that is insufferable

Maybe if some posters on this board were a bit more dignified in their methods I wouldn't be "whining". This is classic coming from a "well your province really sucks" kind of mature poster like yourself.

;)

Been going on for longer than glenn was there. It seems to be a trend of sorts in Calgary the last few years actually, very good to dominate regular season, crap the bed in the playoffs. 

They are the best regular season team for quite some time.  If they get it together they could roll over everyone come playoff time.

Big IF as they choke every year.

They are excellent. Until November. ;)

Big IF as they choke every year.

They have the team and with a different quarterback it may change.

I didn't call out any one person. Rather I said just take the whole post in. Over reaction by you and no, lol, no apology will be forthcoming.

I wasn't talking about you Resurrection as far as the apology.  Those who were cherry picking my quotes out of context know darn well what they were doing was bush league but they've done it repeatedly anyway (and no, I'm not overreacting).

However, referencing another board over here is a dangerous thing to get into.  The Riderfan.com/Ztella (Cornish) beef is an old and complicated one.  Best to leave the battle over there.

Cornish brought that on himself. He actually said that he preferred to mix it up & talk trash with Rider fans than post on his own team's board (who were begging him to participate) because he felt some Stamps fans there were losers & it wasn't busy enough. If a player goes to a rival board espcially RF.com & says dumb things then he deserves to get lit up just like we would if we did the same thing. Ztella as Cornish calls himself never posts on CFL Horsemen. 

Cornish brought that on himself. He actually said that he preferred to mix it up & talk trash with Rider fans than post on his own team's board (who were begging him to participate) because he felt some Stamps fans there were losers & it wasn't busy enough. If a player goes to a rival board espcially RF.com & says dumb things then he deserves to get lit up just like we would if we did the same thing. Ztella as Cornish calls himself never posts on CFL Horsemen.

There was crap on both sides of the equation. Anyway, what's happening there should stay there. Unfortunate that it doesn't and hasn't.

Thank you.  Seriously, What kind of "professional" football player posts on another teams fan board, admits who he is, and trashes the team and the fans. Cornhole is a loser and I suspect he has some other issues also. He tops it off by mooning us fans at a game in Regina.  He will be hated forever by Rider Nation, period.  As for the stamps, there was always a heated rivalry there anyway.

Thank you.  Seriously, What kind of "professional" football player posts on another teams fan board, admits who he is, and trashes the team and the fans. Cornhole is a loser and I suspect he has some other issues also. He tops it off by mooning us fans at a game in Regina.  He will be hated forever by Rider Nation, period.  As for the stamps, there was always a heated rivalry there anyway.

lol, we should be thankful that the CFL has had so many colorful characters to keep us entertained over the years.

lol, we should be thankful that the CFL has had so many colorful characters to keep us entertained over the years.

Colourful or not Cornish is extremely talented. Durability seems to be becoming an issue. Couple that with his increasing age and he may only have another season or two at an elite level.

Cornish is a great player but there was a lot of angst from Stamps fans when he admitted that he would never post on any Stamps board. I don't think he posts anywhere now as he may have matured. You're right, why would a player prefer to post on a board where he's hated than on a board where his team's fans are? And to take a cheap shot at them? I'll never understand the guy but that's the way he is. Same with this "maintenace" thing & missing the game in Montreal. Why the secrecy? Why hasn't the team come out & said what the issues are? We know what's wrong with the other players but with Cornish it's all hush hush. Makes me think that something's up, I think...

Not my style. Unfortunately that seems to be more the approach of some of posters around here who are intent on stalking me over there and quoting me completely out of context.

Your whining about that is insufferable
Maybe if some posters on this board were a bit more dignified in their methods I wouldn't be "whining". This is classic coming from a "well your province really sucks" kind of mature poster like yourself.

I don't quite think I said that. I took issue with the fact that someone said Winnipeg was just regina with more people shitting in potted plants. Which is entirely untrue.

Plus you shouldn't have put quotes around whining since that is eaxtly what you're doing.