Young Stars

BomberBall

4-2 Jets now midway through 2. Winnipeg far and away the better skating team of the two, and probably should be up more if not for missed PP chances.

Ehlers scored a beauty. Speed through the neutral zone, nifty move at the line, D backs up and he wrists 'er in from just inside the circle.

4-3 Jets now. Defence not very effective on side right now.

Hellybuck looks like Pavlec 2.0 Some nice saves then some soft goals. We have some good skilled kids, they should let them play on the Jets this year. Give them some seasoning. I'm thinking, let them develop in the NHL, give them a chance to play with pros. and give us a chance at McDavid. It would be worth it both ways. (Ehlers is scary good.)

Hellybuck looks like Pavlec 2.0 Some nice saves then some soft goals.

Yeah let's write him off after the first game at a prospects tournament. I'll bring the pitchforks if you bring the tar and feathers.

Easy there pal, I just posted my opinion on what I saw. That's not writing him off. Did you watch the game?

LOL. That's all i have to say to those comparing Hell to PAV 2.0. One game, One Practice, D pretty much nowhere to be found on multiple goals last night.. Soft Goals? which ones? the one from the point that got redirected in front of the net? The one where he made 3 straight saves only to be beaten on the 4th chance? 

Seriously? Pav 2.0 after one game? What a joke. Honestly, what a joke. 

LOL. That's all i have to say to those comparing Hell to PAV 2.0. One game, One Practice, D pretty much nowhere to be found on multiple goals last night.. Soft Goals? which ones? the one from the point that got redirected in front of the net? The one where he made 3 straight saves only to be beaten on the 4th chance? 

Whatever.

Whatever.

Well, what do you expect when you make a ridiculous statement like comparing helle to pav after one friggin game. 

Whatever.

Well, what do you expect when you make a ridiculous statement like comparing helle to pav after one friggin game. 

This is exactly what I expect from you, snarky bullshit when you don't like someones opinion. And personally I don't care about yours.

Whatever.

This is exactly what I expect from you, snarky bullshit when you don't like someones opinion. And personally I don't care about yours.

Whatever. 

Trying to actually gauge performances in a rookie tournament... yikes. You know this tournament isn't really an indicator of a hell of a lot because of how disorganized the on ice stuff is? Best you can get is some guys showing their individual skills. It's really just a way to get the rookies on the ice against their peer group rather than just throwing them into the mix in training camp against the veterans. 

Hellybuck looks like Pavlec 2.0 Some nice saves then some soft goals. We have some good skilled kids, they should let them play on the Jets this year. Give them some seasoning. I'm thinking, let them develop in the NHL, give them a chance to play with pros. and give us a chance at McDavid. It would be worth it both ways. (Ehlers is scary good.)

While I really want the Jets to get rid of the dead weight on their roster, I don't know how much I like the idea of throwing some of these kids right into the NHL and letting them develop in the bigs. Seems like that's the exact mentality that Atlanta used to stunt the growth of many of their picks

While I really want the Jets to get rid of the dead weight on their roster, I don't know how much I like the idea of throwing some of these kids right into the NHL and letting them develop in the bigs. Seems like that's the exact mentality that Atlanta used to stunt the growth of many of their picks

Well every case is different, I don't think Ehlers, Morrissey and Petan have anything left to learn in junior, except maybe bad habits.  Shief had a real crap start to his season last year, and faced a ton of criticism. I credit Maurices' patience and encouragement for turning that around. If those guys stand out in training camp and outplay guys like Tangradi, Galiardi, Peluso, Slater, etc,  in the preseason, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them get some polish on the roster. Chevy and Maurice will figure it out, I'm sure.

Ehlers could benefit from another year in junior, but I don't think he's going to look out of place during preseason and the 8 (9?) game period before he has to stay up for good or be sent down. I agree that Morissey should stay with the Jets, he's past the WHL now after looking so comfortable during the IceCaps' playoff run.

I'd like to see O'Dell, Lowry, Klingberg, and Lipon get some time with the Jets during the coming season. We know what we get from Thorburn, Wright, and Tangredi, I don't think those younger guys would be any worse.

I don't mind Ehlers going back to Junior, but it really sucks we can't send Petan & Morrissey to the minors if they don't make the Jets. Morrissey has already shown he can play at the AHL level. Junior would be a big step back.

Ehlers could be a Patrick Kane kinda guy. There is nothing left for him to learn in Halifax. He's going to be a superstar in the NHL, better sooner than later ;-). I hope they all get a very good look.

I don't mind Ehlers going back to Junior, but it really sucks we can't send Petan & Morrissey to the minors if they don't make the Jets. Morrissey has already shown he can play at the AHL level. Junior would be a big step back.

Ehlers could be a Patrick Kane kinda guy. There is nothing left for him to learn in Halifax. He's going to be a superstar in the NHL, better sooner than later ;-). I hope they all get a very good look.

Because he looked good in a rookie tournament? Come on now.  I don't disagree that Ehlers has a lot of potential, but to suggest there's nothing left to learn in the CHL is just crazy. Staying in juniors has never ruined a prospect. Especially one who is on the smaller side. Nothing wrong with letting him bulk up and work on some things against his peers. Eberle isn't the best comparable since I think Ehlers is a better skater, but Eberle was certainly not hurt by finishing his junior career even if he probably could have played in the NHL right away. 

Because he looked good in a rookie tournament? Come on now.  I don't disagree that Ehlers has a lot of potential, but to suggest there's nothing left to learn in the CHL is just crazy. Staying in juniors has never ruined a prospect. Especially one who is on the smaller side. Nothing wrong with letting him bulk up and work on some things against his peers. Eberle isn't the best comparable since I think Ehlers is a better skater, but Eberle was certainly not hurt by finishing his junior career even if he probably could have played in the NHL right away. 

No because of his body of work last year in Halifax And staying juniors too long can hamper development, that's a fact. I'd like to see him here if he can make the cut. Like I said every player is different. Size never hurt Kane, Giroux or St Louis and they haven't exactly bulked up have they?

I'd like to see Ehlers on the Jets now but thats desperate thinkin on my part. Morrisey/Petan I think are back to junior as they cant go to AHL right?

BTW, any thoughts on Lodge?

It's time for Chevy to start implementing his "build from the draft" plan. We have enough deadwood at the bottom to create the opportunities for prospects to step up. Have only seen lodge in the tournament, he looked good. Nice hands.