Labour Day Classic

Floyd

Depth charts posted...

Messam and Ford starting, Smith-Getzlaf-Dressler-Bagg...  Etch has his work cut out for him

Not sure I'm a fan for starting Jones over Hinse - I like Jones but is Hinse that bad that we need to mess with the ratio?

OShea showing a lot of faith in his roster, this will be a real test

Depth charts posted...

Messam and Ford starting, Smith-Getzlaf-Dressler-Bagg...  Etch has his work cut out for him

Not sure I'm a fan for starting Jones over Hinse - I like Jones but is Hinse that bad that we need to mess with the ratio?

Hinse has yet to start and seems to be behind Goosen already so that tells us something.  Jarvis Jones is a known commodity and this is a good opportunity for him to show that he belongs.  Going to be a tough game on the O-line regardless so I don't thing anyone of them is going to come out of the LDC looking great.  Wylie's got his hands full.

Depth charts posted...

Hinse has yet to start and seems to be behind Goosen already so that tells us something.  Jarvis Jones is a known commodity and this is a good opportunity for him to show that he belongs.  Going to be a tough game on the O-line regardless so I don't thing anyone of them is going to come out of the LDC looking great.  Wylie's got his hands full.

I just hope he's learned his lesson and will double-team Chick.

And that Grigsby shows up.

how do you consistently double team a DE that comes from all different areas? would rather see them design some plays to slow down the rush. The OL being able to get a good consistent push for the run game would help that. 

Ottawa did a nice job, they used their FB a fair bit.  I expect to see Pontbriand a lot, maybe he even slides out for a catch or two.  Can't do it every down of course.

Early screens, play-action and some outside runs should help... not that we've seen a ton of that from MB but he did have some flashes last game of straying from his conservative tendencies.

Depth charts posted...

Messam and Ford starting, Smith-Getzlaf-Dressler-Bagg... Etch has his work cut out for him

Hinse has yet to start and seems to be behind Goosen already so that tells us something. Jarvis Jones is a known commodity and this is a good opportunity for him to show that he belongs. Going to be a tough game on the O-line regardless so I don't thing anyone of them is going to come out of the LDC looking great. Wylie's got his hands full.

This sounds perverted.......i like it

how do you consistently double team a DE that comes from all different areas? would rather see them design some plays to slow down the rush. The OL being able to get a good consistent push for the run game would help that. 

Ottawa did a nice job, they used their FB a fair bit.  I expect to see Pontbriand a lot, maybe he even slides out for a catch or two.  Can't do it every down of course.

Early screens, play-action and some outside runs should help... not that we've seen a ton of that from MB but he did have some flashes last game of straying from his conservative tendencies.

I like the idea of being aggressive and dictating how the game will be played.

Instead of guessing where Chick is going to be lining up, I'd rather they'd be guessing on what to do when seeing our different packages.

MotherF@##ker - I took Allen as my flex - I guess he's out. Damn it!!!! 

I took Allen early in my fantaseh draft thinking that no matter who the riders used as RB was going to get yards, then Chamblin gave me the finger and benched him for a couple fumbles never to be seen again. 

This sounds like a good idea.  Use Pontbriand in the backfield to "spot"  Chick and help the O-line keep him out of the backfield. 

Depth charts posted...

Messam and Ford starting, Smith-Getzlaf-Dressler-Bagg... Etch has his work cut out for him

Hinse has yet to start and seems to be behind Goosen already so that tells us something. Jarvis Jones is a known commodity and this is a good opportunity for him to show that he belongs. Going to be a tough game on the O-line regardless so I don't thing anyone of them is going to come out of the LDC looking great. Wylie's got his hands full.

This sounds perverted.......i like it

No, you can't get in on it, even if you bring party favours.

AH! you missed LaPo's coaches' Corner.  It's amazing how much that guy learnt since being here.

AH! you missed LaPo's coaches' Corner.  It's amazing how much that guy learnt since being here.

Didn't help them win the game though

BC contained Chick quite well during their game. They obviously focused on him a lot. You have to know where he is at all times.

I am sure many things have been tried ... I am wondering whether Chick can be trap play blocked ... Doug Brown used to be consistently double teamed but Chick is quite different ... running straight at his end position (whether he is there or not) works for me ... I am sure we won't be running a T-formation instead of double tights (using Pot & Fitz in both) but it might help us be more flexible with a wandering Chick .... MB doesn't seem to be a genius at creativity ... strikes me more as an out muscle out-power them type and that's what worries me most