Marcus Thigpen

Floyd

Just cut by Miami...  sure would be nice to hear that we've got him on our neg list

Obviously, Thigpen is the type of multi-use guy that MB likes, instant upgrade from Grigsby

Neg lists are only for players who have never signed a CFL contract before. 

Interesting, I didn't know that...

I believe Thigpen would be a free agent if he doesn't land on a NFL practice roster. So in saying that, if we can get him here, why not see what he can do with the Blue & Gold ?

Is it possible that you could tire out a guy like Chick if you went after him instead of trying to get away from him? Run at him head on, on slants, screens, short dumps in front of him with motion, in behind him, etc. Basically get him running all over the field. Make him work hard every play. It might have a positive effect later in the game.

Dumb idea?

Is it possible that you could tire out a guy like Chick if you went after him instead of trying to get away from him? Run at him head on, on slants, screens, short dumps in front of him with motion, in behind him, etc. Basically get him running all over the field. Make him work hard every play. It might have a positive effect later in the game.

Dumb idea?

Yes it is a very bad idea as you would waste 3 quarters trying to tire the guy out meanwhile the Riders run up the score and you lose by a long mile.... also Chick is in good shape and isn't a guy who gasses out.

Dumb idea?

Yes it is a very bad idea as you would waste 3 quarters trying to tire the guy out meanwhile the Riders run up the score and you lose by a long mile.... also Chick is in good shape and isn't a guy who gasses out.

The only reason I thought the idea might have some validity is that he is such a big man. I can't believe we couldn't wear him out if we made him run all over the field play after play instead of allowing him to play in those intense bursts like he does. But your point sure is valid. While we're waiting for him to tire the game could get away from us. There has to be a way to deal with this monster and keep him off of Willy. I know he is at his best when he is allowed to just T-off and muscle his way to the QB. BC had some success limiting his effectiveness. Maybe there is a way after all.

I hear Marcel Desjardins has 250K or so in his budget.

;)

That's how you know your football team is some kind of bad, when players turn down that kind of money and prefer to go to Regina. 

Dressler turned down a higher offer from the Stamps as well.  So what's your theory now?

:ph34r:

;)

That's how you know your football team is some kind of bad, when players turn down that kind of money and prefer to go to Regina.

Dressler turned down a higher offer from the Stamps as well.  So what's your theory now?

Chemistry with Durant, familiar surroundings, good relationship with management, playing with a contender. It's that simple.

;)

Dressler turned down a higher offer from the Stamps as well. So what's your theory now?

Chemistry with Durant, familiar surroundings, good relationship with management, playing with a contender. It's that simple.

I will go with a lot of under the table money from local businesses as the maim reason.