Green is the new Orange?

cdnfreak

I dunno about that last part. I go a lot of places and all they seem to have is hipster beer.

and by hipster beer what you really mean is good beer right? Cause all the mass produced pilsners are fizzy yellow water. Can't blame people for demanding more from a beer. 

like raspberry flavouring? Something no one needs from a beer.

Actually, capacity is closer to 60K (59k and change if I remember correct).

But when metro Vancouver has a population of around 2.3 million .. it's a bit comical that the Lions can't routinely draw 35k+ to the dome.

Since the renovation, due to wider seats, the seating capacity at BC Place is now 54,320. Pre renovation it was 59,841.

Would have to agree though, it's both funny and sad that the Lions cannot average over 35k in a stadium like that. It all went downhill when Bobby Ackles passed away.

I dunno about that last part. I go a lot of places and all they seem to have is hipster beer.

and by hipster beer what you really mean is good beer right? Cause all the mass produced pilsners are fizzy yellow water. Can't blame people for demanding more from a beer. 

The beers with fruit in them are for chicks. 

Which is why I don't get Raspberry Porter. "Chicks" don't typically drink Porter and guys don't drink Raspberry. Tree does this and it drives me nuts. I used to be able to get the Porter without the Raspberry and it was really good. Don't know WTF it is with the Raspberry.

Which is why I don't get Raspberry Porter. "Chicks" don't typically drink Porter and guys don't drink Raspberry. Tree does this and it drives me nuts. I used to be able to get the Porter without the Raspberry and it was really good. Don't know WTF it is with the Raspberry.

Saw fruit flavoured beer for the first time about 20 years ago in France.  They sell the fruit flavours like shooters that you add to the beer of your choice and they must have had 50 different flavours to choose from.  Best one I tried was licorice but to each, his own.

Cherry porters are a big thing too and I just don't get it. 

Actually, capacity is closer to 60K (59k and change if I remember correct).

But when metro Vancouver has a population of around 2.3 million .. it's a bit comical that the Lions can't routinely draw 35k+ to the dome.

Since the renovation, due to wider seats, the seating capacity at BC Place is now 54,320. Pre renovation it was 59,841.

Would have to agree though, it's both funny and sad that the Lions cannot average over 35k in a stadium like that. It all went downhill when Bobby Ackles passed away.

Yeah .. Used to attend games there somewhat regularly when I still lived in BC. Forgot about the post renovation "shrinkage" :)

If the beer conforms to the Reinheitsgebot, it is worth drinking.

If it has fruit in in, it is no longer considered to be beer.

Bavarian purity laws? Which were nothing to do with actually making quality beer but a law about making sure wheat went into bread not beer? There's some damned fine wheat beers out there so to hell with Bavarian purity laws. Plus yeast is pretty useful in making beer as well. 

Beer should taste like beer and coffee should taste like coffee.

But what kind of beer? There's so many types with different flavours. 

This just out.  Tim Horton's is coming out with a coffee flavoured beer.  Seriously.

Isn't baileys already pretty much that? although its a liquor and not a beer but still... Baileys is pretty damn good though. Not a big drinker, rarely to never drink, have my own personal reasons for not drinking any more, just seen it destroy several peoples lives completely, once you see that and or lose a few friends from drinking and driving, it changes your perspective on things ... but that Baileys stuff was great.