Kuale Released By Als

Dirty30

was he really cut by Toronto?  The word from the resident Argo fan was that the Argo's released him early rather than making him wait until Feb 15th so that he could get an early start on the NFL opportunities he supposedly had.

yup... and he promptly signed with Montreal afterward.

Doc Handsome is right to say that he likely isn't an every down guy. undeniably a physical presence though.

Not so much with Kuale maybe, but I sure as hell hope the days are now gone (with Mack's departure) that a frigging last place team like us isn't interested in other teams free agents because the Bombers feel the players they got are better. Make sure we hire a GM who goes after CFL FA's in the off season, Miller. Not like Mack sitting there scratching his ass doing nothing every February 15th.

Why not at WLB? That is one of the biggest problems we have is that our LBs aren't punishing enough, dare I say the softest in the cfl. If they are pounding the RB and helping the DL put pressure on the QB, I guarantee our secondary will be better because the receivers won't have the time to get open. It's an 8 team league. Good players are let go for various reasons and then are picked up from another team and seem to be even better. When you are already scraping the bottom of the barrel. What does it hurt? At the very least its security for next year bc its hard to imagine any of the clubs pending FAs wanting to re-sign.

Hebert used to suck at WLB. He's really grown and matured into the position. Id certainly take him right now on our squad.

Id be interested in Kuale if Muamba turned down another offer. Wouldn't want him as an End though.

is hebert really playing well or just effective blitzing?

is hebert really playing well or just effective blitzing?

^this... Nobody ever said Hebert wasn't a good tackler and didn't have an ability to shed blocks (he was always recognized as a DEMON on special teams)

Montreal's defense almost has their WIL playing as a 5th Dlineman (and their safety as a 6th, and their SAM as a 7th) - I guess you could say they are playing a defensive game plan that emphasizes a player like Hebert's strengths and masks his weaknesses (he rarely sits back in coverage)