Which Coach gets an early paid Vacation?

Which Coach gets an early paid vacation?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think gets fired first?

• Mike Benevides
    • Chris Jones
    • Kent Austin
    • Scott Milanovich
    • Tom Higgins
    • Nobody

I agree with prior posters that Benevides is immune unless the Lions go 0-4 and look more morose than they already do. 0-5 for sure.

Wally will step in as Braley won't tolerate firing a head coach with 2 or 3 years of money left on his deal.

Or 0-6, or 1-7. Nobody comes back from that. Everybody knows it. Especially Wally.

Just wondering Nate but if Braley won't tolerate firing a HC with mult years left on his contract, then what is in it then for Wally to step into? He signed Benevides so he totally effed up. It's on Wally.

Everyone know Wally is the greatest CFL mind in history. There is no way he screwed anything up. (Sarcasm off)

• 3 weeks later...

It might be time to revisit this topic now that we're through 5 games. On the hot seat but has enough cred to not yet be in danger:

- Austin

- Benevides

- Milanovich

In imminent danger:

- Burke as DC in Toronto (I think this will be the first firing)

- Higgins (although firing him will likely make the team even worse with Popp at the helm)

It might be time to revisit this topic now that we're through 5 games. On the hot seat but has enough cred to not yet be in danger:

- Austin

- Benevides

- Milanovich

In imminent danger:

- Burke as DC in Toronto (I think this will be the first firing)

- Higgins (although firing him will likely make the team even worse with Popp at the helm)

Popp fired Worman & has his eye on the HC position. The best way to do it is to fire Higgins just after Popp signed a new deal.

I don't believe Milanovich, Benevides, or Austin are in any real danger.

Higgins would be my guess for first to go.

Those 3 might be the top candidates ... Is BC talent starved or suffering from bad coaching .... same Q for Toronto 

Austin is an angry bird but as a special recruit should last longer than Doug Berry did in Winnipeg

Blame blame blame and a sacrificial goat before fix, fix, fix

Weird how west vs east is so polarized this year

Sorry to say but this season has been awful.And the stands are half empty in Edmonton (except vs the Stamps), Calgary, BC & especially Toronto. Reminds me of the early 90's which is scary.

Only 25K for Geroy's glorification @ BCP?

Plenty of no shows in the stands at McMaster... I've seen more people lined up at a Tim Horton's 

This is not good.

Edmonton has had over 30,000 for every home game, which is pretty good considering their fanbase has been just as alienated as ours in recent years.

At McMaster you aren't allowed to have liquor in the seating area, thus the crush in the endzones and people not in their seats.

Calgary is about 2000 below where they are in a good year for attendance, but still well clear of any significant issue.  BC's attendance is always all over the map, even within the same season, good luck finding a trend there.

Toronto and Montreal are going to be huge problems, Montreal especially IMO.  When it comes down to it, a solution will be found for the Argos.  I don't think it will be nearly as easy for Montreal if Wetenhall or his family decide to bail.

If you look at single game ticket prices across the CFL, the prices are over inflated to the point where walk up crowds barely exist anymore. They may be similar across the league but they are too high, IMO. People are voting with their wallets to stay home & watch the games on TSNHD for free.

I personally think Milo and Austin are safe for the year.... short of an absolute complete disaster... like 1-10, 2013 Bombers style... Maybe Benevides is the Lions continue to struggle... but like someone else said, I can't imagine a mid-season coaching change any time soon

It's hard to say who'll be the first to get the pink slip. It's no secret that Braley is looking to divest himself of a CFL team or teams, I don't think he'd be front and centre on a firing of Benevides. I don't think Braley is that interested in the internal workings of the club anymore. He'll get his bucks even if he had a fencepost with hair behind the bench. Now if you're talking Buono, that whole scenario changes. You can bet Wally is ready to drop the axe, if there is a couple more bad losses. I say Benevides goes before Higgins, who could also be hanging on by the skin of his teeth right about now. We'll see.