Jump to content

The TV Thread


Recommended Posts

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/harry-potter-return-to-hogwarts-daniel-radcliffe-emma-watson-rupert-grint-1235113129/

 

And now for a story I would like to call; Why I was never into Harry Potter when it was at it's most popular (because my mother asked me a few hours ago why, and I told her she should be happy I wasn't considering the midnight book releases and premieres of the films)

there's a couple of reasons

1) by the time Goblet of Fire came out I was in 6th Grade and I'd rather have been reading about History and Biographies, I was actually reading about the Holocaust by October of 2000, and I realized that I really wanted my own copy of Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl for Christmas (which I did get, I still have it even today)

 

2) Around the same time Teletoon aired the Second season of Redwall (Mattimeo a Tale of Redwall, with Tim Curry as Slagar the Cruel) and I wanted to read the books from that series more than I wanted to read Harry Potter.....I kind of wish they did the whole series though because, I get that they would have had to not include the characters from Redwall eventually (a majority of them didn't make it past Mattimeo books wise) maybe then I would have been more motivated to read the whole series but I have to admit the ending of Martin the Warrior, let's just say like most game of thrones fans that didn't read the books before the Red Wedding....I wasn't prepared for that ending of MtW. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Those cutting horse scenes may be the best thing I have seen on the show. The camera work along with the music was perfect.

I said to the wife "those horses are incredible athletes..." the horses and trainers deserve a ton of credit. It's insane what they can do. I've seen more than my share of horse work over the years, and they're often referred to as "equine athletes" and it's really true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well at least they are doing something new and different (of course Rugrats has gone that route, but I'm eager to see how South Park will do it, these kids have been kids for so long, I mean even we've seen the Simpsons kids as adults at least several times in the series)

 

https://tvline.com/2021/11/18/south-park-trailer-post-covid-special-adults-grown-up-watch/

Edited by iHeart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was wondering if they were going to do this again, but this time they're going to do Diff'rent Strokes and Facts of Life

https://tvline.com/2021/11/19/live-in-front-of-a-studio-audience-diffrent-strokes-facts-of-life-abc/

 

yeah I do have questions about casting Kevin Hart as Arnold too, and I'm not against casting John Lithgow being Mr.Drummond, but.....I think Whose Line pointed out how much Colin Mochrie looked like Conrad Bain

Edited by iHeart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't seem to be a Canadian-available clip for it yet, but Peacock's MacGruber show is dropping in December. For me and my crew, Will Forte is one of the funniest people on the planet and the MacGruber movie is a constant rewatchable for us. Can't wait for the show, and hopefully it gets a Canadian release (Global App, possibly....) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Doesn't seem to be a Canadian-available clip for it yet, but Peacock's MacGruber show is dropping in December. For me and my crew, Will Forte is one of the funniest people on the planet and the MacGruber movie is a constant rewatchable for us. Can't wait for the show, and hopefully it gets a Canadian release (Global App, possibly....) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hawkeye thoughts? 

I really loved the first two eps. I can't handle the super-nerdiness that was Loki....I watched it, but it was just too much into the fantasy/sci-fi side of things. It was so nice to get back to something more normal....grounded. I think this is going to be my favourite of the Marvel Disney+ shows so far....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hawkeye thoughts? 

I really loved the first two eps. I can't handle the super-nerdiness that was Loki....I watched it, but it was just too much into the fantasy/sci-fi side of things. It was so nice to get back to something more normal....grounded. I think this is going to be my favourite of the Marvel Disney+ shows so far....

I'm halfway through the first episode. I'm watching with the kids, so it could take a few days to get through both episodes. 

 

Looks like fun, so far. Production value is so high with all these D+ MCU shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-11-19 at 7:19 AM, iHeart said:

I was wondering if they were going to do this again, but this time they're going to do Diff'rent Strokes and Facts of Life

https://tvline.com/2021/11/19/live-in-front-of-a-studio-audience-diffrent-strokes-facts-of-life-abc/

 

yeah I do have questions about casting Kevin Hart as Arnold too, and I'm not against casting John Lithgow being Mr.Drummond, but.....I think Whose Line pointed out how much Colin Mochrie looked like Conrad Bain

okay are they recreating an episode or are they taking part in a fan fic?

https://tvline.com/2021/11/30/facts-of-life-live-cast-jennifer-aniston-blair-kathryn-hahn-jo/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...