BLOCKBUSTER: Walby Joins TSN 1290

couple friends listened to the tsn 1290 show and said that walby came across as ignorant.

some of his comments were borderline racist.

the folklorama comment was just a bit out there.

But that's tsn radio for you, try to gain listeners by being somewhat controversial.

couple friends listened to the tsn 1290 show and said that walby came across as ignorant.

But that's tsn radio for you, try to gain listeners by being somewhat controversial.

I listened for a bit and didn't get that impression at all.  What kind of stuff did he say that was 'borderline racist'?

1290 does a good job but Please get rid of Westwood.

Yap yap about everything,

If they get rid of him we can then talk even more about bringing back Westwood!  Sweet.

I hope you're joking RG.  I actually liked you until that one...

We need to ship Westy to some country across the world from here and ban him from any of us ever having to hear his voice ever again. (especially if he ever talks about his useless consecutive extra point record)  Then I'd be happy

As a general rule, I keep a really close eye on the Winnipeg media situation (albeit, not as close to the TV situation as the Radio folk) but I've never had much chance to listen to the TSN Morning Show. I might have to do that sometime, just to see what the real story is. I'm always leery of people like Westwood, with zero broadcasting background, taking on an important broadcasting role, but who knows...

At any rate, it really feels like 'OB might be in a heap o' trouble in 5 years when that Bomber broadcasting rights contract runs out...

Trust me,  don't waste your time.  I had to stop listening as Westy was putting me in a bad mood every morning with his idiotic blabbing.

As a general rule, I keep a really close eye on the Winnipeg media situation (albeit, not as close to the TV situation as the Radio folk) but I've never had much chance to listen to the TSN Morning Show. I might have to do that sometime, just to see what the real story is. I'm always leery of people like Westwood, with zero broadcasting background, taking on an important broadcasting role, but who knows...

At any rate, it really feels like 'OB might be in a heap o' trouble in 5 years when that Bomber broadcasting rights contract runs out...

Trust me,  don't waste your time.  I had to stop listening as Westy was putting me in a bad mood every morning with his idiotic blabbing.

I think your name kind of gives away your angst. 

I listened for a bit and didn't get that impression at all.  What kind of stuff did he say that was 'borderline racist'?

i didn't listen so i'm just going on what 2 sort of overly dramatic friends say but they mentioned he said something about all the last names and comparing it to being at folklorama, is that racist? probably not but... didn't hear it myself so i have no idea.

i didn't listen so i'm just going on what 2 sort of overly dramatic friends say but they mentioned he said something about all the last names and comparing it to being at folklorama, is that racist? probably not but... didn't hear it myself so i have no idea.

You have to be kidding?

Based on a couple of posts now, I think you need new friends.

If they get rid of Westwood, I'd be willing to listen in. The sheer amount of commercials on Cjob is pushing me away, not even adding in how boring the post game has become.

I keep waiting for a mod to take "BLOCKBUSTER" out of this thread title.

BLOCKBUSTER: When season ticket holders buy a 6" sub and 21 oz drink at subway they can get another 6" for only a dollar!!!

My subway owning friend asked me if I knew that.  I said I did not.

BLOCKBUSTER: Season ticket holders can get 10% off lawn tractors at Enns Bros.

If only my mower would break.  Wait, what?  No, that's a bad thing.

Ricky Ray getting traded to Toronto was a blockbuster.  This is ... stuff?  A thing that happened?

I will stick to the plan.  Listen to OB until commercials, then switch, then switch, then switch>>>>>>>>>>unless I forget 1290 exists, which is very possible.

I keep waiting for a mod to take "BLOCKBUSTER" out of this thread title.

BLOCKBUSTER: When season ticket holders buy a 6" sub and 21 oz drink at subway they can get another 6" for only a dollar!!!

My subway owning friend asked me if I knew that.  I said I did not.

BLOCKBUSTER: Season ticket holders can get 10% off lawn tractors at Enns Bros.

If only my mower would break.  Wait, what?  No, that's a bad thing.

Ricky Ray getting traded to Toronto was a blockbuster.  This is ... stuff?  A thing that happened?

I will stick to the plan.  Listen to OB until commercials, then switch, then switch, then switch>>>>>>>>>>unless I forget 1290 exists, which is very possible.

I've been thinking the same thing. This definitely isn't "blockbuster" news. I wonder if Arash Madani was the person who started this thread?

Based on a couple of posts now, I think you need new friends.

i guess i probably should have used the term "work friends", you know, guys you talk to at work but outside of work, not so much. Like i said though, they are a bit overly dramatic and tend to kind of over react to lots of simple things. Put it this way, last year i asked if they were gonna go to some bomber games, they said no, i said why not, looks like a beauty of a stadium.. they said, because we don't want to be there when the entire place falls down. Overly Dramatic to say the least. Work "buddies". Not guys i hang out with after work. Keep in mind, these guys are also well, they aren't spring chickens exactly and tend to complain about mostly everything. Hockey season, they complain about what don cherry says all the time, i personally never listened so, i was kind of shocked to hear that they thought that was borderline racist also. To me, honestly, it was kind of funny what walby said. I didn't hear it but... i laughed when they mentioned what he said and kind of got the evil eye for laughing. It is what it is.

I'll listen to TSN before and after most games this year. Walby is rip-roarin' funny and Westwood is much better when he doesn't have Matt 'The Intern' Leibl dogging him all morning. 

Irving is really grating when it comes to tending "house" for the bombers. Brown says the same things over and over and lives in Polysylbia....

Not to mention egomaniacs like Jimbozo Toth and Geoff Currier running rampant on the sidelines. Or dorks like George Mackling and Keith McCullough....yuk --- not to mention the 45 minutes of commercials for every hour of programming!

1290 does a good job but Please get rid of Westwood.

Yap yap about everything,

If they get rid of him we can then talk even more about bringing back Westwood! Sweet.

I hope you're joking RG. I actually liked you until that one...

We need to ship Westy to some country across the world from here and ban him from any of us ever having to hear his voice ever again. (especially if he ever talks about his useless consecutive extra point record) Then I'd be happy

You can go back to liking me.