Pavelec

Yes Nate, go on the internet & you'll find pics. All of the lower bowl was completely submerged.

They survived. So will we.

In the short term Selinger will just fund the patch job. In the long-term, when Selinger is dead someone else will have to be tapped. Just breaking is news Lyle Bauer has taken over the Manitoba PC Party. They are expected to kill off NDP Selinger next election in 23 months. Miller will have a new friend at the controls of manitoba politics.

Difference being this was an overland flood & therefore the majority of the costs to replace the damage in the Saddledome weren't covered. The Flames footed the $30 to $40 million or so it took to do the repairs themselves & in record time. Reports were that the repairs should have taken 6-8 months. There was talk that the Flames might have to play as much as half the season elsewhere & Saskatoon was mentioned as the logical place to play their "home" games. But they got the repairs done in time for the Eagles to officially reopen the Saddledome  in mid September as the repairs went 24/7.  I was one of 19,000 fans at that concert.

Nate....not sure why you think Miller would have a friend in Bauer if the PC were to be elected?

Bauer's roots are deep with the bombers. Although he certainly left under dubious circumstances and has not been welcomed back to the CFL since fleeing Calgary. The NDP are in so deep with the bombers now that the PCs can't suddenly work stiff against the bombers. 

Even Charles Adler who was going full steam on Miller and his monkeys this a.m. was told to cut bait and switch - probably by Bob Irving. Adler suddenly started sewing legalisms like the bombers aren't owner by the community and they have full right to treat the stadium as their own. My opinion and its only an opinion is that Irving waltzed into Adler's studio and told him to kill the heat on the bombers. I suspect Miller asked Irving to do him a favour. One minute Adler was hackin' and slashing Miller, even had G.Mack - Greg Mackling on with him. The next segment, Adler was almost apologizing!

I wonder if we could move Bogo and Pav to Edmonton for a stud forward like Taylor Hall. Though I'm not sure who would take a chance on Bogo with him going through rehab yet again.

There is no chance we could get Hall for that price. He's one of the best offensive players in the league. Those type of guys don't get traded for 2nd pairing dmen & subpar goalies.

I wonder if we could move Bogo and Pav to Edmonton for a stud forward like Taylor Hall. Though I'm not sure who would take a chance on Bogo with him going through rehab yet again.

There is no chance we could get Hall for that price. He's one of the best offensive players in the league. Those type of guys don't get traded for 2nd pairing dmen & subpar goalies.

Yeah but Edmonton's management is confused and desperate. We should be able to take advantage in some way.

Yeah but Edmonton's management is confused and desperate. We should be able to take advantage in some way.

If anything Edmontons management puts too high a value on their players. Taylor Hall is arguably the top left wing in the league, he is a monster considering how crappy the rest of the Oilers are at generating offense. One of the elite offensive players in the league who doesn't get the recognition because of the team he plays for. There is nothing in Winnipeg that compared to Hall. If you do want to build a deal for Hall though start with Trouba then add something else you absolutely don't want to give up because without Hall the Oilers are lucky to ever win a game. 

Edmonton might move Yakupov or even Eberle, but Taylor Hall is the man for that team. It would take a monstrous overpayment to get that guy. They can't trade Nugent-Hopkins either because they have nothing at the centre position in the system or even in the NHL really. Those two are a nonstarter, others could likely be had for the right price. 

I'd never trade a player like Trouba even for a guy like Hall. The Oilers decided to build their team from the centre position out rather than from the goal & out... And they have some skilled offensive players but the problem for that team are on the blue line & goal. Trouba could become one of the top defensemen in the NHL for years. To me, he's untouchable. We need another solid defenseman & a true number one goalie. Mark Scheifle made huge strides this season.

Hall for Pavelec and Bogosian, to me, is as ridiculous as Wheeler for Scrivens and Schultz. 

Re: Bogo's potential. I too thought he had "top pairing guy for the next 15 yrs" written all over him - but have we really seen major improvements in his game to warrant that expectation? I distinctively recall Lawless saying on air in 2012 or 2013 that he thought Bogo was (going to be..) more of a really good second pairing guy, and that he didn't have that elite "hockey sense" that the true stars have. Now, I know how Lawless is viewed around here....but I think he could be spot on in that analysis. 

Comparison: Jacob Trouba. You could argue he's shown more of a "potential, elite 1-2 guy" than Bogo did this year. How much better will his game be in 3 years when his age and exp match Bogo's right now? IMO, that's the difference between Troobs and Bogosian. 

Just can't see RNH ever becoming a dominating player. Too small. Yakupov, a Russian floater. I like Eberle, He is a very good skilled player. He needs out of Edmonton. 

Eberle is more of a floater than Yakupov, just because he's from Saskatchewan and was a team canada hero rather than a Russian people over look it though. 

RNH will become a very good player because he does have a very good all around game and more size than people think. He's 6'1 and yeah he's slight but got more strength than he shows. Yakupov is actually a hard working player, he just needs more help from the coaches he's getting in Edmonton. 

People really don't have a clue what is going on with the Oilers, they just spout off the simplistic buzz words and expect that it fits. Between Scrivens and Fasth they have a capable goalie tandem now, they have a lot of defensemen in the system just coming into their own. Schultz as an offensive defensemen shows very good potential, Marincin and Klefbom look like top 4 guys in the future, Nurse had a great preseason in Edmonton and had a very very good year in the OHL, if they manage to get a guy like Ekblad in the draft this year all of a sudden they have too many young defensemen with potential. The Oilers didn't build wrong, they just let things get so bad from top to bottom before they actually smartened up that they were in an enormous hole with almost nothing worthwhile in the system. 

Yakupov is actually a hard working player, he just needs more help from the coaches he's getting in Edmonton. 

He has to want help from his coaches first. He reminds me of Burmistrov in that he works hard and has talent but won't adapt his game to what his coaches want him to do.

From what I've read about him it sounds like his "people" are a little too involved with his career and it's causing friction with the Oilers' management & coaches.