Pavelec

It's not a novel idea that teams with a three goal lead would get outshot in the 3rd period.

As dominating as the Jets were in the first 2 periods, the Ducks dominated them in the 3rd as the shot totals for each period showed. 

It's not a novel idea that teams with a three goal lead would get outshot in the 3rd period.

Not trying to defend Pavelec, but that was not a typical "third period with a lead". The Jets were thoroughly dominated and couldn't get the puck out to save their lives. Pavelec takes his share of the blame but that was a total team collapse without question.

Anaheim had little to play for. Looked like Boudreau was holding them back for 2 periods - hoping to turn on the engines in the third and overcome a 2-0 deficit (which is fairly easy against the Jets at the best of times). Didn't expect to be down 4-0 and frankly Jets prolly didn't expect to be up 4-0.

Maurice should thank his lucky stars Ducks didn't decide to play hard from the get-go or the outcome could easily have been a slaughter.

Jets are a glorified AHL squad. . . . . but at least the AHL guys are tryers!

When all else fails blame the Head Coach and the goalie. When will people be objective and realize this team is and has been lacking in the necessary depth and talent to compete at the level needed over a demanding schedule.

I've always agreed with you on that point but...

- Paul Maurice has the team playing better (generally) than Noel.  Noel was being tuned out.  No dis to Noel but his time had come.

- Pavs' stats are bad.  Every other bad team in the NHL has better goaltending.  We can shrug off the stats and look at reality and say 'gee Pavs has stolen a game here and there or made a crazy save here and there' but the big picture body of work is of a goalie under-performing.  Montoya plays for the same team and has much better stats (with a smaller body of work).

More depth will make the stats look better.  A better goalie would make the stats look better too.

Anaheim had little to play for. Looked like Boudreau was holding them back for 2 periods - hoping to turn on the engines in the third and overcome a 2-0 deficit (which is fairly easy against the Jets at the best of times). Didn't expect to be down 4-0 and frankly Jets prolly didn't expect to be up 4-0.

Maurice should thank his lucky stars Ducks didn't decide to play hard from the get-go or the outcome could easily have been a slaughter.

Jets are a glorified AHL squad. . . . . but at least the AHL guys are tryers!

Do you watch hockey.  The coach held back the Ducks for two periods so they could over-come a 2 goal deficit?  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA  thats tremendous strategy.  Gee man...just stop.

Jets are NOT a glorified AHL squad.  Get a clue.  I'm all for reasonable criticism and interesting discussion but if you want to be negative just to be negative I can point you to a different Jets forum where the mod is a proud homophobe and every other thread is about Kane being a cancer and how Ladd is a poor captain.

Yikes another bad night for Pavs.... 2 bad goals yet again.    I don't see how Beyak can be such a homer for Pav...  Lawless clearly has a target on him and I imagine he will be the storyline for a lot more articles in the Free Press.

Wonder if there is any desire for a Pavs for Reimer deal.  Reimer is an RFA but TO usually likes to have a couple of options.

He might factor into an Islanders deal also (Pavs I mean, with the jets doing a separate deal to bring Reimer home).

Reimer could be very good with a change of scenario but if he came here and faultered we're pretty much back at square one.

Wonder if there is any desire for a Pavs for Reimer deal.  Reimer is an RFA but TO usually likes to have a couple of options.

He might factor into an Islanders deal also (Pavs I mean, with the jets doing a separate deal to bring Reimer home).

Reimer could be very good with a change of scenario but if he came here and faultered we're pretty much back at square one.

Good idea but I think Toronto's scouting staff may have actually seen Pavs in action. They already traded Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft so I guess anything is possible. Both Reimer and Pavelec can stop a ton of tough shots and then let in marshmallows.

The route to go is for Chipman/Chevy to buy out Pavelec and be done with him. Reimer would be a good #1 option in a shared starts scenario. Might also consider bringing in Brodeur for cheap (he's 42 but wants to keep playing) but if Brodeur continues on its likely in Toronto.

Reimer - Montoya would be only a slight improvement over Pavelec. Jets have had some real bad experiences in their nets even going back to the days of Pockey and the Bandit, Bob Essensa, Marc Behrend, etc. That russian kid (who's now 40 or 41, Khabibulin seemed the best of very bad lots over the years. Other than the Bhulin Wall the best goaler to ever grace a jet uni was probably Joe Daley who back-stopped the WHA championship Jets.

True, Bob was a darn good goaltender. When he played saving  shots wasn't the problem on most nights as he was rock steady. I'd put him up there with Khabibulin when he played for us in his prime. Oh wait, this is Phoenix we're talking about now... Not the Jets. How ridiculous is that? The Jets records prior to 1996 should be given back to us & let Phoenix have their records from then on. And merge the Thrashers & Jets 1.0 records together... No one in Phoenix cares about Anders Hedberg or Dale Hawerchuk. Sorry, I digress. Good thing this board isn't run by Shankman ;)

Essensa was a real good goalie.. Leads old jets with wins in a season.

Knabby was probably the best new era goalie we ever saw, id trade Pav for him any day

Back in his prime, I'd assume. Not now. Is he even still playing? Where did he go after Edmonton?

Essensa was a real good goalie.. Leads old jets with wins in a season.

Knabby was probably the best new era goalie we ever saw, id trade Pav for him any day

Back in his prime, I'd assume. Not now. Is he even still playing? Where did he go after Edmonton?

He had a cup of coffee with Chicago I think. And Khabibulin had some absolutely brilliant moments for Edmonton too, trouble was he was so old and couldn't do it very often. Got burned out real quick.