Pavelec

Essensa was a real good goalie.. Leads old jets with wins in a season.

Knabby was probably the best new era goalie we ever saw, id trade Pav for him any day

Back in his prime, I'd assume. Not now. Is he even still playing? Where did he go after Edmonton?

Doh. Yea sorry, not now.. But if khabby was like he was before.. Then straight up.

I wonder if Vancouver and Winnipeg might swing a blockbuster involving Kane and Lack (amongst others ofcourse).

Its to bad that in the past we didn't get Cory Schneider from them.

If the Jets do make a deal with the Canucks which players do you guys think would move from both teams?

Hmmmm Im not as familar with the Canucks' players and situation as I should be.

How about a blockbuster:

To Vancouver:

Kane

Pavs

Burmi

Postma/Redmond

To Winnipeg:

Kessler

Kassian

Tanev

Lack

I'm not a believer in Gillis, but even he wouldn't make anything close to that trade.

I don't think Kesler alone for Kane, Burmi, Postma/Redmond would cut it.

Hmmmm Im not as familar with the Canucks' players and situation as I should be.

How about a blockbuster:

To Vancouver:

Kane

Pavs

Burmi

Postma/Redmond

To Winnipeg:

Kessler

Kassian

Tanev

Lack

Not even ******* close. Kessler is a piece of **** but he's worth more than any individual piece coming from Winnipeg, Kassian they are kind of tied to considering what they gave up to get the guy. Gillis will need to be fired before he gets traded. Postma/Redmond are throw ins nothing more and Vancouver is high on Tanev. I hate the Canucks as much as the next guy but your valuation is way way off. 

Kane is the biggest piece of that trade.  everyone loves Kessler but Kane is the bigger talent.

Are you kidding?

Kesler, at this point, is the much better player and team component.

Kessler might be the more important piece of a larger team puzzle.  Kane is the talented player.  Kane gives the Canucks a franchise player to build around for 15 years.  Kessler doesnt (and they tried to trade him already).  Age, contract, talent make Kane the more valuable commodity.  Even if things were equal, you dont trade a 22 year old with a good four year contract for a 29 year old with half as much time left.

Kane is the biggest piece of that trade.  everyone loves Kessler but Kane is the bigger talent.

Are you kidding?

Kesler, at this point, is the much better player and team component.

Kessler might be the more important piece of a larger team puzzle.  Kane is the talented player.  Kane gives the Canucks a franchise player to build around for 15 years.  Kessler doesnt (and they tried to trade him already).  Age, contract, talent make Kane the more valuable commodity.  Even if things were equal, you dont trade a 22 year old with a good four year contract for a 29 year old with half as much time left.

There's one BIG consideration you haven't mentioned…Kesler is proven.

There is no indication that any team can build around Kane at this point, for any amount of time.

I love what Kane can potentially bring to a team, but potential has killed a lot of careers.

Kane isn't there yet.

I hate Kessler, but he is the best player in that trade no questions asked. If Kane is as good as you say he is, why are you so keen to trade him? You call him a franchise player you can build around for the next 15 years... so why the rush to ship him out?

Kane is the biggest piece of that trade. everyone loves Kessler but Kane is the bigger talent.

I hate Kessler, but he is the best player in that trade no questions asked. If Kane is as good as you say he is, why are you so keen to trade him? You call him a franchise player you can build around for the next 15 years... so why the rush to ship him out?

For at least the third time in this thread alone, you don't only trade guys because they suck. I didn't say I was keen to trade him. I said I could see why the jets would. And I've repeatedly provided reasons as to why.

Brian Elliott is likely heading to free agency, and I've always liked his game.  He'd command a healthy contract though. So what would we be willing to slice, if it came to it?

What's the time limit to buyout Pavelec?  If Hutchinson plays well for the last two games and then IceCaps playoffs, I think we could have a whole new one-two lineup next year...  Montoya won't be resigned.

Brian Elliott is likely heading to free agency, and I've always liked his game.  He'd command a healthy contract though. So what would we be willing to slice, if it came to it?

What's the time limit to buyout Pavelec?  If Hutchinson plays well for the last two games and then IceCaps playoffs, I think we could have a whole new one-two lineup next year...  Montoya won't be resigned.

If the Jets make the decision based on Hutchinson playing 2 meaningless games at the end of the year then I would seriously question who we have in charge with management.    

The team will keep Pavelec (sadly) because by the time his contract is done *hopefully* Connor Hellebuyck will be ready by then....

If the Jets make the decision based on Hutchinson playing 2 meaningless games at the end of the year then I would seriously question who we have in charge with management.    

The team will keep Pavelec (sadly) because by the time his contract is done *hopefully* Connor Hellebuyck will be ready by then....

I think three meaningless NHL games and a strong IceCaps playoff run earns Hutchinson the backup role...  then we rely on Chevy to find a free agent starter

Seems like a better plan than starting Hellebuyck in the 2017-18 season...

I cant see Jets buying out Pavs.  Firstly, it would be quite the change of opinion after signing him to that contract.  Secondly, you dont let go of the branch unless you've got a firm hold on another.  I think they'd consider a trade but I also think they strongly believe Pavs' plays up and down to the quality of play in front of him.

Problem with buying out Pavelec is you are admitting you goofed something fierce by signing him in the first place.

Problem with keeping him is you have to play him at least 60 games and the problem is there for everyone to see almost everytime he tends net.

Brian Elliott is likely heading to free agency, and I've always liked his game. He'd command a healthy contract though. So what would we be willing to slice, if it came to it?

What's the time limit to buyout Pavelec? If Hutchinson plays well for the last two games and then IceCaps playoffs, I think we could have a whole new one-two lineup next year... Montoya won't be resigned.

I think three meaningless NHL games and a strong IceCaps playoff run earns Hutchinson the backup role... then we rely on Chevy to find a free agent starter

He's had a magical season and a lot of luck ... I don't see the Jets committing to him yet. He only played because the caps had two injuries, Montoya was hurt and pav just sucks....

Brian Elliott is likely heading to free agency, and I've always liked his game. He'd command a healthy contract though. So what would we be willing to slice, if it came to it?

What's the time limit to buyout Pavelec? If Hutchinson plays well for the last two games and then IceCaps playoffs, I think we could have a whole new one-two lineup next year... Montoya won't be resigned.

I think three meaningless NHL games and a strong IceCaps playoff run earns Hutchinson the backup role... then we rely on Chevy to find a free agent starter

He's had a magical season and a lot of luck ... I don't see the Jets committing to him yet. He only played because the caps had two injuries, Montoya was hurt and pav just sucks....

The only reason I say buy him out is that the window is closing to do that and we will need cap space very soon - for scheifele and trouba, for a free agent goalie

It would be a gamble but Pav is really the only bad contract (maybe Bogo too, maybe not) - buyout prevents the cap hit.

just really depends if Chevy thinks he can land Elliott or trade for Martin Jones or something...