Depth Chart Vs. Montreal

Atomic

Montreal

Wow, Edem starting - wow.  I'm kind of torn - I really wanted us to take him but sure would be nice to light him up.  Wouldn't at all be surprised if Hebert ends up back at S and Brouillette at SAM though...

Parker and Tisdale both question marks for me...

And, yeah, its weird not seeing Whitaker there.

Wpg

Dunn scares me

WIll be nice to see what Denmark can do and Etiennne but I still say Kohlert ends up taking back his spot

Guess we'll find out if Buck can actually check down his receivers...

Also, any ideas why their suspended list is so long?

I asked the Als' expert at the CFL website (Richard) about that and here's his response:

Two of these players,i.e. Rafael Priest and Ventrell Jenkins were suspended last season. Priest did leave early in 2012 training camp and was suspended by the Als. Jenkins had off-field issues. By suspending these players,who may never play again, the Als retain their rights.

This season, Deon Goggins did leave the training camp and he was suspended. The Als retain his rights.

You all know about Kyle Quinlan. At the last moment, he told the Als that he would not be coming to training camp. Suspended and the Als keep his rights.

Simon Legare and Jake Piotrowski are both returning to school. By suspending them-techicality- the Als keep their rights. Suspensions could be lifted during the season.

Delbert Alvarado kicked well for the Als during last pre-season game. The Als are interested in him. After the game,he decided to leave for Edmonton,to meet his wife/girlfriend. He was suspended. Jim Popp told Pierre Durocher of Journal de Mtl that he will most likely be added to practice roster soon. Being suspended,the Als retain his rights. 

You may recall Jenkins was the player arrested last year for beating up his girlfriend to the point she was unrecognizable. Surprised he's only been suspended and not released but then the Als kept playing Diedrick when he was(is?) facing charges of sexual assault with a weapon.

I don't really see the reason for them suspending Legare and Piotrowski unless they think they would sign with other teams instead of going back to school since they can neg list later.

Sure, but who's going to get the ball to him?

Our O-Line is still as suspect as ever. That shoulda been priority #1B this off-season, after figuring out our QB mess. 

Our O-Line is going to surprise a lot of people this year. If they build off what they had goin on at the end of the year they should be a top 3 unit in the league. Swiston, Pencer, and Douglas as depth is pretty fantastic as well.

By suspending CIS players, they retain their rights, they don't waste neg list spots in Dec. and if Montreal failed to make the playoffs another team still playing couldn't sign them before the end of the season. Montreal has been know to send guys home, not cut them and then suspend them to hold their rights. While legal it is still one of the marvelous ways bends the rules and slaps the league in the face.

If we can get to Calvio it will have to be Turner and Gilmore UP the middle. I think they will prove to be the top DT duo in the league and they are both super fast Tackles. Aging Flory and overated Woodruf are all that stands in their way... And I don't think it will be enough to stop our 2 Man Beasts. Bourke and Perrett will probably shut down Hall and Mainor.  

Henoc is a million times more athletic than Labbe, so they wont be killing us with swing outs tonight. Parker is a good overall LBer, but his mental game does worry me a bit. Dunn is the spot that scares the hell outa me. Calvio is not a QB you want to have to break in a rookie SAM against.

Our DB's verses their Recievers will be an interesting battle.

On offence, were going to need to run the ball... With our O-line and their D-line, I see this as a non issue, we'll be able to run all day on them. Simpson will dominate Emry as well. Hebert sucks against the run.

Hopefully Dickenson has the ST's all worked out. With them having such a killer passing attack, we dont need to be giving up extra points on ST's....

I asked the Als' expert at the CFL website (Richard) about that and here's his response:

You may recall Jenkins was the player arrested last year for beating up his girlfriend to the point she was unrecognizable. Surprised he's only been suspended and not released but then the Als kept playing Diedrick when he was(is?) facing charges of sexual assault with a weapon.

I don't really see the reason for them suspending Legare and Piotrowski unless they think they would sign with other teams instead of going back to school since they can neg list later.

I appreciate you looking into that.

Its interesting, similiar situations have happened in WPG (not all at the same time) and people treat it like a real black mark on a poorley run organization. Stuff happens everywhere.

By suspending CIS players, they retain their rights, they don't waste neg list spots in Dec. and if Montreal failed to make the playoffs another team still playing couldn't sign them before the end of the season. Montreal has been know to send guys home, not cut them and then suspend them to hold their rights. While legal it is still one of the marvelous ways bends the rules and slaps the league in the face.

I'm guessing those guys could appeal their suspensions to the league if they thought they had a chance at finding another team and didn't want to be sat down

Our O-Line is going to surprise a lot of people this year. If they build off what they had goin on at the end of the year they should be a top 3 unit in the league. Swiston, Pencer, and Douglas as depth is pretty fantastic as well.

I was going to say...  Yeh at the start of the year our O-line was a complete mess (new center, rookie tackles, Greaves starting for the first time)

By the end of the year with people healthy and with a touch more time under their belts that same line was pushing people around pretty damn good.