Eskimos new coaching staff

Shivers and Philion have one year each as assistants.  Jones was a good DC, but still, that is a weak defensive side of the coaching staff.  It's not like Jones will be able to devote 100% of his attention to the defense anyways if he wants to turn the Esks into a winning team.

Also, looks Jackson has put on some lbs...

Big jump for McAdoo...

OL coach to OC?

Seems like a fairly average jump... just one step up the ladder.

OC without full control to boot, Jackson is the passing game coordinator.

I wonder how Milanovich feels about his BFF stealing 4 of his coaches? They were buddies, remember? Wonder what Bluto thinks?

Phillion and Shivers were welcome to explore their options.

Losing McAdoo sucks, but the guy has worked wonders on our O-Line for 3 seasons and deserves the promotion.

You'd think all with all his supposed contacts in the football world Chris Jones could find 4 qualified coaches he could work with, without raiding his previous boss's coaching staff. It's like those guys couldn't wait to get out of Toronto. I always thought the Argos coaching staff was tight with Milanovich. I know JJ in BC didn't leave on good terms as he wasn't allowed to apply  for the OC job in BC so he wanted out. 

You'd think all with all his supposed contacts in the football world Chris Jones could find 4 qualified coaches he could work with, without raiding his previous boss's coaching staff. It's like those guys couldn't wait to get out of Toronto. I always thought the Argos coaching staff was tight with Milanovich. I know JJ in BC didn't leave on good terms as he wasn't allowed to apply  for the OC job in BC so he wanted out. 

Every single one of them got promotions. I don't think there's any conspiracy or turmoil that led to their departure, I think it's just a simple matter of career planning.

Chris Jones will have dual role of HC and DC.

That will be an adventure on gameday, and they only have 2 other defensive coaches.  Defense is coached when offence is on the field, when the head coach needs to be locked in to make decisions on short-yardage and special teams.  Hard to see how that's going to work without some part of the game being neglected.

That will be an adventure on gameday, and they only have 2 other defensive coaches.  Defense is coached when offence is on the field, when the head coach needs to be locked in to make decisions on short-yardage and special teams.  Hard to see how that's going to work without some part of the game being neglected.

I believe you handle it by staring blankly at a fixed object for the entire game, punctuated with looks of disgust once a quarter, if last year's Bomber experience is any sort of example.

Business is business in the coaching profession. Coaches are nomads and basically guns for hire......simply the nature of the profession.

Amazing  how some coaches become head coaches & they hire their staff in a week. Others like O'Shea, over 2 mths & still not complete. Tells me that Campbell contacted guys before he was hired, went into the meetings with the RedBlacks & told them he already had a staff selected & ready to go. 

yeah Iso give O'Shea a break man. I like that he's working on several different options, rather than just looking at a list and saying "he'll do" and moving on. He's also a rookie HC so he's going to have a bit of a learning curve. I hope the O'Shea reign lasts a long time, but he will make some mistakes. Even Huff still makes mistakes....cough cough Ameet Pall...cough...