Eskimos new coaching staff

Ottawa's staff is truly impressive  :rolleyes:

Not hard to put together a staff when nobody on it is in demand.  I happy O'Shea at least attempted to land some guys and then had to settle.

While not overly impressive, Ottawa still has a pretty decent staff, some of whom would have been more than welcomed here.

If you were talking Edmonton, then yeah.............

And the aftermath after Mack was gone at the QB spot......

Boltus

*shudder* i realllllly hope that experiment has run its course.. Im nervous that with marcel back.... It hasnt.

It really would be nice to know WHO decided and why they gave Boltus play time while Goltz sat on the bench.....

I'd feel at least slightly relieved if it was revealed that Burke insisted on playing him rather then MB....

Ottawa's staff is truly impressive  :rolleyes:

Not hard to put together a staff when nobody on it is in demand.  I happy O'Shea at least attempted to land some guys and then had to settle.

While not overly impressive, Ottawa still has a pretty decent staff, some of whom would have been more than welcomed here.

If you were talking Edmonton, then yeah.............

I'd love Mike Gibson as a OL coach.  Other than that, pretty average to meh and inexperienced.

Boltus

*shudder* i realllllly hope that experiment has run its course.. Im nervous that with marcel back.... It hasnt.

It really would be nice to know WHO decided and why they gave Boltus play time while Goltz sat on the bench.....

I'd feel at least slightly relieved if it was revealed that Burke insisted on playing him rather then MB....

Let's not pretend that Goltz played well at all, or that he even deserved another shot. Aside from Boltus being horrendous, there was no other logical reason for Goltz to ever see the field again.

yeah Iso give O'Shea a break man. I like that he's working on several different options, rather than just looking at a list and saying "he'll do" and moving on. He's also a rookie HC so he's going to have a bit of a learning curve. I hope the O'Shea reign lasts a long time, but he will make some mistakes. Even Huff still makes mistakes....cough cough Ameet Pall...cough...

Gack. Spit. Green flem. 

Boltus

Let's not pretend that Goltz played well at all, or that he even deserved another shot. Aside from Boltus being horrendous, there was no other logical reason for Goltz to ever see the field again.

Yeah you're right.  Goltz, being able to run the ball and actually make a few plays by throwing, was just as equally bad as Boltus, who couldn't even hold onto the ball after the snap.

:rolleyes:

Boltus

There was the most logical reason... he was better than Boltus, especially at short yardage/goal line situations. 

You don't bench a guy because he played poorly in some starts when the guy who is replacing him is worse than he is, that's just stupid. 

Yeah you're right.  Goltz, being able to run the ball and actually make a few plays by throwing, was just as equally bad as Boltus, who couldn't even hold onto the ball after the snap.

There was the most logical reason... he was better than Boltus, especially at short yardage/goal line situations. 

You don't bench a guy because he played poorly in some starts when the guy who is replacing him is worse than he is, that's just stupid. 

I understand and agree with both points, my point was pretty simple I would think, Goltz didn't deserve to see the field, he was atrocious out there, he could run.............. that's about it.

Leaving Boltus out there was a stupid mistake though, especially in short yardage situations.

I understand and agree with both points, my point was pretty simple I would think, Goltz didn't deserve to see the field, he was atrocious out there, he could run.............. that's about it.

Leaving Boltus out there was a stupid mistake though, especially in short yardage situations.

Right, but our point was just that, we were stuck with both of them, Goltz should have been used.  I still think he's the best short yardage guy out there right now.  Should bring him in as a short yardage/RB and mix up what he does.

Right, but our point was just that, we were stuck with both of them, Goltz should have been used.  I still think he's the best short yardage guy out there right now.  Should bring him in as a short yardage/RB and mix up what he does.

I'd agree with short yardage, but that's about it. Anything more than one play every 2 and out is more than enough for Goltz.

Boltus

Yay. Premonition was incorrect! *does happy dance*

• 1 month later...

With Jonathan Himebauch brought in to be the Run Game coordinator and Offensive Line Coach, am I the only one wondering what Steve McAdoo actually does ?

Steve McAdoo                                                                                                 
Offensive Coordinator

Jonathan Himebauch
Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator

Jarious Jackson
Quarterbacks/Passing Game Coordinator/Player Development

Kez McCorvey
Receivers

I'm 110% sure he understands McAdoo is the OC.

What he is asking is if there is an offensive line coach, a receivers coach, a passing game coordinator and a run game coordinator, what exactly does the OC role entail.

What he is asking is if there is an offensive line coach, a receivers coach, a passing game coordinator and a run game coordinator, what exactly does the OC role entail.

Yup, this is my question, everything seems to be taking care of, so what exactly will McAdoo be doing ?

I believe he will be 'coordinating' these guys.

Finally a decent answer.

The reason I asked, was because if Himebach is coorindating the run game and Jackson the passing game, does that mean McAdoo is calling the plays and dictating the offensive game plan or is he going to be the hands off type essentially "overseeing" the offense.

I believe he will be 'coordinating' these guys.

Finally a decent answer.

The reason I asked, was because if Himebach is coorindating the run game and Jackson the passing game, does that mean McAdoo is calling the plays and dictating the offensive game plan or is he going to be the hands off type essentially "overseeing" the offense.

McAdoo is a total rookie OC...  you would think he will lean on these guys a fair bit.  I think its a smart move by Jones to try and load up the offensive side of things - then he can just focus on defence.  We'll see how it works.