Taman and extensions

Floyd

What's with the whining about sask being flush with cash? Wpg has had as many chances to build a fan base, to try innovative marketing-fundraising... Instead the org cheaped out for years and years and years... We balanced the books by cheaping out on staff, sask balanced the books by increasing fan involvement

I believe the CFL should have a hard cap as CFL contracts aren't complicated because they aren't multi million dollar deals like the other leagues. Therefore a team should be able to move players around within that limit how they see fit. Just as long as they're not over. If they're over then the penalties should be a lot harsher then they are now.

I just don't understand how you call it cheating. There's a large difference between cheating and breaking the rules. Cheating would be hiding salaries from the audit by paying the quarterback's wife 200k a year to run the team nursery. Breaking the rules is going over the SMS limit and paying the penalty for doing so.

Breaking the rules is going over the SMS limit and paying the penalty for doing so.

When one team goes over the cap over and over again, does that cause it to cross a line from breaking the rules to cheating?

As far as I'm concerned, there is no cap. It's not a salary cap, it's a SMS.