Bluto must be conflicted ...

IC Khari

I bet bluto's closet bomber fanness will finally come out now... and especially after we grab Collaros in FA!

One would think bluto would be a lot happier if he would just come out as a Bombers fan, would be a big relief off his shoulders.

I bet bluto's closet bomber fanness will finally come out now... and especially after we grab Collaros in FA!

One would think bluto would be a lot happier if he would just come out as a Bombers fan, would be a big relief off his shoulders.

Hopefully his parents will understand and support him in coming out.

The Argos have been gutted with Ted Goveia & O'Shea coming over here.... And with Chris Jones going to the Esks as HC. Now Jim Barker & Milanovich have their work cut out for them to find replacements. I'd like to see the Riders similarily gutted just because I hate that team so much...

not conflicted at all.

i've known about this for some time and have been more accustomed to it by the day. i'm very happy for #50 to get his shot. i'm moreso happy that it is under a management team that has every outward appearance of (shocking, i know) doing everything the right way and building a foundation to compete.

he's the consummate leader. a winner in everything he's ever done. i remember him once saying in his final years of playing that he regards every year that he doesn't end as a champion as a failed season. that's the sort of mentality that the WBBFC needs more than anything. given time, he will win a GC as a HC. bank on it.

as to the part about who my western team is, right now it is BC because they are our sister-franchise under the Senator... but it looks like that relationship is about to end so i ought to select another.

the candidates:

Edmonton: i have family there and although the Esks made a young bluto cry on a cold, rainy November day at the Ex in 1982, looking back i can't help but be impressed by that Warren Moon team. they were the Evil Empire for years and easy to hate, but they've sucked for a long enough time(and watched Tillman trade us Ray) that my heart has softened towards them a bit.

Calgary: i respect their recent accomplishments but i couldn't support a team that is run by a guy who hates my HC and GM... also, having family in Edmonton kinda nixxes this.

Regina: other than being able to craft funny limericks about this city, i find their fanbase boorish and possessing short memories since when the Argos fell on hard times they were the ones screeching loudest to fold the team... even though they've been on the brink themselves many times... and i never heard of them refusing the millions of dollars Ontario transfered to their province every year since confederation... they also were awful to Toronto fans in the 97 GC. plus they insist that it is their right to host the GC which in effect makes it a local game since all the people who are willing to go can't because of the lacking of proper facilities for an event of that magnitude.

Winnipeg: they've got Osh. that could be reason enough right there. i also have some friends who support them. on the negative side, they were awful to Toronto fans in the 91 GC and their franchise's all time most notable player twice insisted that Toronto shouldn't have a team.

tough call. i'll have to listen to my sports-gut.

not conflicted at all.

i've known about this for some time and have been more accustomed to it by the day. i'm very happy for #50 to get his shot. i'm moreso happy that it is under a management team that has every outward appearance of (shocking, i know) doing everything the right way and building a foundation to compete.

he's the consummate leader. a winner in everything he's ever done. i remember him once saying in his final years of playing that he regards every year that he doesn't end as a champion as a failed season. that's the sort of mentality that the WBBFC needs more than anything. given time, he will win a GC as a HC. bank on it.

as to the part about who my western team is, right now it is BC because they are our sister-franchise under the Senator... but it looks like that relationship is about to end so i ought to select another.

the candidates:

Edmonton: i have family there and although the Esks made a young bluto cry on a cold, rainy November day at the Ex in 1982, looking back i can't help but be impressed by that Warren Moon team. they were the Evil Empire for years and easy to hate, but they've sucked for a long enough time(and watched Tillman trade us Ray) that my heart has softened towards them a bit.

Calgary: i respect their recent accomplishments but i couldn't support a team that is run by a guy who hates my HC and GM... also, having family in Edmonton kinda nixxes this.

Regina: other than being able to craft funny limericks about this city, i find their fanbase boorish and possessing short memories since when the Argos fell on hard times they were the ones screeching loudest to fold the team... even though they've been on the brink themselves many times... and i never heard of them refusing the millions of dollars Ontario transfered to their province every year since confederation... they also were awful to Toronto fans in the 97 GC. plus they insist that it is their right to host the GC which in effect makes it a local game since all the people who are willing to go can't because of the lacking of proper facilities for an event of that magnitude.

Winnipeg: they've got Osh. that could be reason enough right there. i also have some friends who support them. on the negative side, they were awful to Toronto fans in the 91 GC and their franchise's all time most notable player twice insisted that Toronto shouldn't have a team.

One of the league's all time most notable players, the greatest receiver in the history of the Grand Ol' Loop........and he was right to say it. ...But that's neither here nor there. ;)

not conflicted at all.

the candidates:

Great post. I can appreciate your logic. 

As for the '91 Grey Cup, that could be one of the greatest of all time -- not the game, but the whole John Candy -- Gretzky -- McNall thing, and the fact that game basically reinvigorated the ailing Grey Cup tradition. 

That TSN thing they did about John Candy's love for the Argos gave me a lump in my throat. 

Agreed about SK -- having watched the last Grey Cup from the US, I felt kind of embarrassed. It was really hokey, and you can tell the media were pasting on fake smiles while counting down the seconds before they could leave.  

You wanna host a national event? Become a legitimate national host city. 

you are still holding a grudge from the 1991 Grey Cup?  Most of the guys posting here were still swimming in daddy's fun bag at that time.  I guess this just hit me mostly because it reminded me of how old you and I both are now Bluto! :)  I still remember that beer can sailing out of the crowd and almost nailing Ismail as he ran by for his punt return touchdown.  Classy!!

you are still holding a grudge from the 1991 Grey Cup?  Most of the guys posting here were still swimming in daddy's fun bag at that time.  I guess this just hit me mostly because it reminded me of how old you and I both are now Bluto! :) I still remember that beer can sailing out of the crowd and almost nailing Ismail as he ran by for his punt return touchdown.  Classy!!

Forever etched in my memory. Yeah, i get the anger that we beat the defending champs (you guys) in a humiliating way the week prior... but the fan reports and that projectile beer still serve to rankle...

and yeah... we're getting old. just don't tell my girlfriends that.

not conflicted at all.

the candidates:

Great post. I can appreciate your logic. 

As for the '91 Grey Cup, that could be one of the greatest of all time -- not the game, but the whole John Candy -- Gretzky -- McNall thing, and the fact that game basically reinvigorated the ailing Grey Cup tradition. 

That TSN thing they did about John Candy's love for the Argos gave me a lump in my throat. 

Agreed about SK -- having watched the last Grey Cup from the US, I felt kind of embarrassed. It was really hokey, and you can tell the media were pasting on fake smiles while counting down the seconds before they could leave.  

You wanna host a national event? Become a legitimate national host city. 

i know what you mean about that TSN John Candy bit. it really hit home with me (and any other Boatmen diehard, i'm sure)

true about the Riders... but we mustn't understate the whole dirty limerick aspect of this:

"There once was a lass from Regina... "

not conflicted at all.

the candidates:

One of the league's all time most notable players, the greatest receiver in the history of the Grand Ol' Loop........and he was right to say it. ...But that's neither here nor there. ;)

he was never right to say it. he was being a punk and his apologists know it.

i wish John Candy were still around when he said that...

not conflicted at all.

the candidates:

he was never right to say it. he was being a punk and his apologists know it.

i wish John Candy were still around when he said that...

Was that Williams that said that?

The Argos have been gutted with Ted Goveia & O'Shea coming over here.... And with Chris Jones going to the Esks as HC. Now Jim Barker & Milanovich have their work cut out for them to find replacements. I'd like to see the Riders similarily gutted just because I hate that team so much...

gutted may be a bit strong of a word.

losing Jones in exchange for Burke is a bit of a saw-off, imo. both good DCs and while totally different in personality and defensive style, we can reasonably expect a high level of coaching on our D. he was the guy that Milo wanted... in fact he was the only one considered... so i have to trust that a Barker/Milo/Burke lead team will be a good one.

losing Goveia and Jones hurts our player personnel department... but we've had a string of good drafts in a row and currently are well stocked with futures. as well, we had lots of managers/scouts/assitants/coaches in our PP Dept... we may have actually been overstaffed there tbqh. still... i'd rather have more good men there than less.

now... if Jones does what he always does and comes in after guys like Marcus Ball... then i've got to start being concerned... (pretty sure he'll get McCune)