Burke Bought Out, Joins Argos as DC

Jpan85

Hopefully Burke takes most of the defensive staff with him as well.

As for Jones, I'm of an opinion that Jones' success like Chapdelaine's are more a product of the talent their teams have had as opposed to them being solid co-ordinators.

As for Jones, I'm of an opinion that Jones' success like Chapdelaine's are more a product of the talent their teams have had as opposed to them being solid co-ordinators.

Jones recruits most of his own defensive guys so I guess in the end, he's still deserving of the credit

Jones recruits most of his own defensive guys so I guess in the end, he's still deserving of the credit

Good point.

I believe they are both solid co-ordinators but the question is who will have access to the players they want to facilitate what they are trying to do.

Toronto has some good D personnel but do they it fit Burke?

I think Jones in Edmonton can be more flexible, and he has some good personnel too.

Anyways, good luck to Timbo, but I'm glad he has moved on.

(Expect sales of visors to Sky-rocket in Toronto.)

For all the Jones love going on you gotta remember that 2 seasons ago Gary Crowton had his defense absolutely guessing.

I think our performance in that game was more about Jones starting an out-of-shape Adriano Belli at DT and less about Crowton's offensive wizardry.

So, how does this play on O'Shea?

He may have felt that he was in line to become DC in Toronto.  I personally believe that SPC is a more demanding role, but many others feel that the DC is a higher position.

It would be interesting to know more.