Press Conference: Traffic Woes

I live in the area so I made sure to check out the traffic situation.

It was remarkably good prior to the concert. It certainly helped that there was no rush hour but clearly the plan was working.

I also observed many available parking along Pembina highway so I assume the majority took transit.

It also seemed like there was very little non-concert traffic as if people were avoiding the area which is wise. Won't be as easy with rush hour traffic but people will learn.

Following twitter for the post concert coverage was maddening. Whiner-peg. 33,000 people leaving at the same time and some idiots complaining it was taking too long. I remember waiting in many long lines of traffic going to and from the old stadium. Just the way it is

Hilarious to see the usual media suspects like kives Etc gleefully retweeting the complaints but ignoring the majority who tweeted how great the experience was and how fast they got home.

I live in the area so I made sure to check out the traffic situation.

It was remarkably good prior to the concert. It certainly helped that there was no rush hour but clearly the plan was working.

I also observed many available parking along Pembina highway so I assume the majority took transit.

It also seemed like there was very little non-concert traffic as if people were avoiding the area which is wise. Won't be as easy with rush hour traffic but people will learn.

Following twitter for the post concert coverage was maddening. Whiner-peg. 33,000 people leaving at the same time and some idiots complaining it was taking too long. I remember waiting in many long lines of traffic going to and from the old stadium. Just the way it is

Hilarious to see the usual media suspects like kives Etc gleefully retweeting the complaints but ignoring the majority who tweeted how great the experience was and how fast they got home.

Yeah .. my wife and daughter went to the concert last night and pretty much said the same thing .. going it was super easy .. coming out (partly because of their carpool) took quite a bit longer .. but not any worse than leaving CanadInns after a game.

Easier to focus on the negativity though .. it sells.

I was at the concert ( don't judge me I was with my niece) and it was easy peasy getting in. We got there around 5:00 or so. We were in a multilevel parking garage, not sure what it was called. Nothing moved for about an hour after the concert but once we started moving it took about 15 minutes or so to get to Pembina. Everything looked very well organized in and out.

So getting out took a little longer than I would have liked, but had similar wait times at Polo Park over the years.