Will Kyle Walters get fleeced?

BigBlue

Ottawa has said they won't pick Fa's but they might do one like Collloras or Muamba just for negotiating rights till Feb 15 .... so who are not FA's?

I am guessing the non-FA number two QBs available  are:

Nichols

Montreal's other two (besides Smith who they will protect I believe) Marsh or Neiswander

Hamilton's scat back QB LeFevour

Willie

Either Tate or Levi

DeMarco

So who is worth trading for and with how big a draft pick?

Willy and Demarco are free agents, Burris is a free agent and I would imagine Hamilton will use that to protect Dan LF, Bo Levi will be protected by Calgary and I'm pretty sure Nichols is also a FA

Are you sure on Demarco? I thought he wasn't.

Of all the years to desperately need a qb, we couldn't have asked for a better offseason for choices.

Ottawa has said they won't pick Fa's but they might do one like Collloras or Muamba just for negotiating rights till Feb 15 .... so who are not FA's?

Nichols

Montreal's other two (besides Smith who they will protect I believe) Marsh or Neiswander

Willie

Either Tate or Levi

DeMarco

Willy and Demarco are free agents, Burris is a free agent and I would imagine Hamilton will use that to protect Dan LF, Bo Levi will be protected by Calgary and I'm pretty sure Nichols is also a FA

I can't ever remember so many QBs all FA at once …. doesn't give Ottawa much to pick from especially if we trade for Tate

Nichols

Willie

Either Tate or Levi

DeMarco

I can't ever remember so many QBs all FA at once …. doesn't give Ottawa much to pick from especially if we trade for Tate

I honestly believe anyone who thinks Ottawa isn't going to draft a FA QB if that's THEIR guy is out of touch with reality.

Nichols

Willie

Either Tate or Levi

DeMarco

didn't "like" your post because i agreed with you... in fact, i doubt the WBBs go anywhere near Tate as a first option QB...

i "like"d it because chimp in a suit with shades.

I honestly believe anyone who thinks Ottawa isn't going to draft a FA QB if that's THEIR guy is out of touch with reality.

I think Ottawa would rather have access to the NIs quite personally. I think there are enough options at qb that depending on who is available if they don't take a qb off someones roster they will trust in the ability to get a FA qb. Hell I think if Austin really is on the outs with Burris that he's the guy Ottawa will be targetting simply because he's a big name they can easily market. 

I think Ottawa would rather have access to the NIs quite personally. I think there are enough options at qb that depending on who is available if they don't take a qb off someones roster they will trust in the ability to get a FA qb. Hell I think if Austin really is on the outs with Burris that he's the guy Ottawa will be targetting simply because he's a big name they can easily market. 

i get that having the sort of access to NIs that the league is giving the Redblacks is a once in a lifetime opportunity... but the only thing in our league more important than NI depth is having a top QB.

so as Mike says... if Ottawa's powers-that-be have identified one QB as "their guy", then they must obtain him at the expense of all else.

i get that having the sort of access to NIs that the league is giving the Redblacks is a once in a lifetime opportunity... but the only thing in our league more important than NI depth is having a top QB.

so as Mike says... if Ottawa's powers-that-be have identified one QB as "their guy", then they must obtain him at the expense of all else.

and I just think there's enough options they'd be happy with that they will opt to have their pick of what NIs are available rather than going for a qb. 

So there is no need to dump a QB to the Blue because Ottawa isn't going to select any QB IN THE EXPANSION DRAFT ... NOT EVEN TATE

HAVING TATE ISN'T WORTH THE SALARY CAP ROOM HE TAKES UP OR A 3RD ROUND DRAFT PICK?

Pretty sure Ottawa will take Kevin Glenn in the expansion draft.

Glenn is a FA ... why would they?

So there is no need to dump a QB to the Blue because Ottawa isn't going to select any QB IN THE EXPANSION DRAFT ... NOT EVEN TATE

HAVING TATE ISN'T WORTH THE SALARY CAP ROOM HE TAKES UP OR A 3RD ROUND DRAFT PICK?

Glenn is NOT a free agent.

Ron Burgundy says NO!!!

I think Burris and Glenn are good interim qbs for them. Ottawa will have much qb depth no matter what way they go then the Blue has had in the last many years.

Ron Burgundy says NO!!!

I think Burris and Glenn are good interim qbs for them. Ottawa will have much qb depth no matter what way they go then the Blue has had in the last many years.

How can we find out for sure about whose contracts are about to expire?

Ron Burgundy says NO!!!

For whatever reason it's not made public. We just find out through various news articles, etc.

Ron Burgundy says NO!!!

For whatever reason it's not made public. We just find out through various news articles, etc.

So Burgundy has the goods then?

Ron Burgundy says NO!!!

Glenn has another year on his contract.

HAVING TATE ISN'T WORTH THE SALARY CAP ROOM HE TAKES UP AND / OR A 3RD ROUND DRAFT PICK?

There's no need to get Tate. I can't see any sequence of events that can happen this offseason where we would have to settle for him. Not with what other options are/will be available to us.

Ron Burgundy says NO!!!

Glenn has another year on his contract.

Yup. Glenn and Tate both have a year and Mitchell has 2 according to the Calgary Herald.

To correct misinformation swirling out there, all three Stampeder quarterbacks are under contract for the 2014 season. Bo Levi Mitchell’s deal runs through the 2015 campaign.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Point+After+Edmonton+treatment+franchise+quarterback+Mike+Reilly+puzzling/9008908/story.html