Random Video Thread

Brandon

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

bugs-bunny-albuquerque.gif

Two questions:

1) Would most of the Looney Tunes cartoons be banned today for some form of offensive content as deemed by the PC crowd (acts of violence with coyote/road runner or Daffy Duck hunting, Bugs in drag insulting the transgender crowd, Porky Pig being an insensitive caricature of the disability of stuttering, Pepe le Pew being a sexual predator, etc?

2) Is it still the funniest most subversively clever cartoon series out there (if we agree that it once was)?

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Two questions:

1) Would most of the Looney Tunes cartoons be banned today for some form of offensive content as deemed by the PC crowd (acts of violence with coyote/road runner or Daffy Duck hunting, Bugs in drag insulting the transgender crowd, Porky Pig being an insensitive caricature of the disability of stuttering, Pepe le Pew being a sexual predator, etc?

2) Is it still the funniest most subversively clever cartoon series out there (if we agree that it once was)?

It contains a warning now, which it should. I discuss it with my kids when we watch. 

I've continued to watch it in the context that it is funny but it is culturally insensitive. I find that the humour is still funny and relevant because the tropes weren't (usually) used to delivery the comedy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be shocked if they end up winning, this would be like if Barney the Dinosaur auditioned for American Idol or Kermit the Frog competing on the Masked Singer (even though that actually did happen)

Edited by iHeart

• Jpan85 featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

quick watch it before Sesame Workshop gets wise (it's that legendary episode that didn't reair because this scared children) actually we don't have to worry about Sesame Workshop getting wise to it because they actually put it on the Internet Archives, that site is such a blessing in more ways than one

Edited by iHeart