2014 Season Ticket Prices

BlueBall

Got a nice little e-mail from the team today recapping 2013 and reminding me to renew my tix for 2014. Long story short:

"Opening of our beautiful new stadium, challenging time on the field, organization working very hard behind the scenes to fix the team, please be patient, we're the greatest fans in the league, thanks for your loyalty, please join us in 2014 when we move to the West and, oh yeah, we've jacked up ticket prices again."

Not that this wasn't expected but I was kind of hoping we'd get at least 2 or 3 seasons at the new place before being asked to fork over more $$ for tickets. Heck, 2 or 3 WINS at the new place at least. Still think the endzones are over priced and it looks like P7 got hit with the biggest hike, over $50 more for next season.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2014-season-ticket-centre

Some big jumps in ticket prices for next season, although can't complain about my P3 price, and I have been thinking about moving to P2.

The P5 IMO needs to just be removed, endzone seats should be priced at the 2 lowest price points.

P7 isn't too bad in comparison to the rest of the league but a $50 dollar jump does seem high, especially when you consider that Jim Bell stated when the seat pricing structure originally came out that ticket prices would most likely increase by 2.3% each season, or something to that effect.

I don't even care about the money.  I need a reason to continue supporting this team.  I need to see some progress towards the operation of a professional football team in the 21st century.  At this point, I feel like the family member of the drug addict who keeps slipping them $40 to get their next fix.  I just can't justify continuing to blindly support/enable this "community-owned" organization that is severely flawed, sadly even more so off the field than on.  If you told me a year ago that the Football Club would bungle their relationship with me as a paying customer and fan so immensely that I'd basically have zero interest in renewing my season tickets I wouldn't believe it possible, but they've managed to do it.

Prices will increase every year. That's the way it is. If a customer service actually said that you, you should email the bombers. Assuming you weren't exceptionally rude.

Keep in mind these staff members are likely taking a bit of abuse from fans and being asked questions they can't answer. In fact asking if a ticket price increase will improve the on field product is pretty stupid.

There is no excuse for any customer service to tell you that your business is not important to them, no matter how much flack or bitching they have been putting up with.   That is their job - customer - service. 

Telling you that they will not be sorry if you left is a slap in the face, especially after this season.  At the end of the day the Bombers need the paying customer, for the paying customer this is nothing but entertainment, and entertainment dollars can easily go to other places.  They don't need the Bombers.

The Bombers should be kissing everyone's ass to come back next year.  They need to be doing everything possible to bring people back.

I did see some Twitter exchanges today on this.  One response from the Bombers was interesting - season ticket prices are still lower than Ottawa right now.  Anyway, take that for what it is worth.  As much as I have suffered this year I still would be a season ticket holder next year if I could. 

I did see some Twitter exchanges today on this.  One response from the Bombers was interesting - season ticket prices are still lower than Ottawa right now.  Anyway, take that for what it is worth.  As much as I have suffered this year I still would be a season ticket holder next year if I could. 

It was me and by cheaper I think its by a dollar or two a ticket. I have no problem paying more if it means that there is a new culture around the place but when its same every year it gets hard to justify asking fans to dish out more.

Bottom line, as shitty as this team was this year, there's few things better than a summer night watching football, especially at the new barn. Hell, 17to85 and I have batted around the idea of getting STAMPS seasons (blech...) just because we love watching CFL ball that much.

If I was back home, I'd go to the ends of the earth to get Bombers seasons...

Just took a look at Ottawa's prices.  Outside of the club seats and field seats, Winnipeg's prices are easily more expensive for comparable seats - in some cases, hundreds of dollars per season.  The three cheapest price points for Ottawa are also as cheap and cheaper than the P7s at Bomber games. 

If the Bombers are claiming their seats are cheaper they are lying.

My mother, my brother are not renewing their season tickets and are probably gone forever

My sister canceled theirs this year because of hassles with customer service .... says she won't be back for a while 

I used to buy Pick 10 but I find the transportation on game day (as a non-parking-pass holder) just takes up too much of my time

Besides I am not a masochist (well maybe not)

I am waiting for big changes before I start buying tickets again ... for now, I prefer to suffer at home, privately

Is there any doubt our season ticket base will fall, not rise, for the 2014 season?

They are starting to get really delusional around there. I just questioned whether increased prices will actual do anything to improve the on field product.

The take it or leave it, not our problem attitude has been the common approach to customer service through the transition to the new stadium and asset sale.  Starts with a couple people in leadership positions that are in way above their level of competence, and I'm not talking about Buchko or Miller.

do they tho? they are the only summer sport in town of any worth... have a rich history and a brand new stadium and have a dedicated fanbase.. they also know that this will eventually turn around...

now, should they flaunt that and say such things as mentioned? no, of course not but i also have to assume the person calling was being a little uncouth towards the team and the cust service reps bosses..

do they tho? they are the only summer sport in town of any worth... have a rich history and a brand new stadium and have a dedicated fanbase.. they also know that this will eventually turn around...

now, should they flaunt that and say such things as mentioned? no, of course not but i also have to assume the person calling was being a little uncouth towards the team and the cust service reps bosses..

in the case of my sister you have someone who works in customer service .... she always comes across professionally ....you have to do a lot to rile her up and I believe they did

I know JPan has said that he mis-read the tweet so this is probably a moot point, but this kind of thinking will bankrupt the Bombers, and your unwavering support to the Bombers here is misguided.  Any business that doesn't care about its customers will lose them in the long run.  You think people need the Bombers in the summer?   No.  There is plenty to do in this town (and out of town with cottages) that peoople don't NEED the Bombers.

The so called dedicated fan base is already starting to erode.  Fan apathy is already at an all time high .... and that is with people on this board.  Imagine how the average fan feels.

No business can take their paying customers for granted.  To suggest that it is okay for the to do so because "they are the only game in town" is ridiculous, even if someone is being "uncouth".   People have limited dollars to spend for the whole year.  Are they going to spend it with the Jets, where they get fan satisfaction and fan experience or the Bombers, where lately they have had one blunder after another.

I will continue to support the organization, buy my season tickets, but many fans will not.  This organization has a lot of good will to win back in the community.