2014 Season Ticket Prices

BlueBall

do they tho? they are the only summer sport in town of any worth... have a rich history and a brand new stadium and have a dedicated fanbase.. they also know that this will eventually turn around...

now, should they flaunt that and say such things as mentioned? no, of course not but i also have to assume the person calling was being a little uncouth towards the team and the cust service reps bosses..

I know JPan has said that he mis-read the tweet so this is probably a moot point, but this kind of thinking will bankrupt the Bombers, and your unwavering support to the Bombers here is misguided.  Any business that doesn't care about its customers will lose them in the long run.  You think people need the Bombers in the summer?   No.  There is plenty to do in this town (and out of town with cottages) that peoople don't NEED the Bombers.

The so called dedicated fan base is already starting to erode.  Fan apathy is already at an all time high .... and that is with people on this board.  Imagine how the average fan feels.

No business can take their paying customers for granted.  To suggest that it is okay for the to do so because "they are the only game in town" is ridiculous, even if someone is being "uncouth".   People have limited dollars to spend for the whole year.  Are they going to spend it with the Jets, where they get fan satisfaction and fan experience or the Bombers, where lately they have had one blunder after another.

I will continue to support the organization, buy my season tickets, but many fans will not.  This organization has a lot of good will to win back in the community.

Rich is totally correct.  You have to treat customers with respect.  If not, go look for a new job.  People are going to be miserable to you, but if you learn how to handle it properly, you can turn their attitude right around.

My mother, my brother are not renewing their season tickets and are probably gone forever

My sister canceled theirs this year because of hassles with customer service .... says she won't be back for a while 

I used to buy Pick 10 but I find the transportation on game day (as a non-parking-pass holder) just takes up too much of my time

Besides I am not a masochist (well maybe not)

I am waiting for big changes before I start buying tickets again ... for now, I prefer to suffer at home, privately

Is there any doubt our season ticket base will fall, not rise, for the 2014 season?

Transportation is easily one of the things the Bombers have done best.  With the exception of pre-season the park and ride system has been a delight.  I never have to hunt for a parking spot, basically never have to wait in traffic while driving (since the drive to the park and ride is basically traffic free) and have to wait little to no time for a bus.

I used to buy Pick 10 but I find the transportation on game day (as a non-parking-pass holder) just takes up too much of my time

I've been surprised to see how far people will walk to the games. I live just over the river from the stadium, (~35 minute walk) and there are dozen of cars parked in my neighbourhood on game days, including the last one. I figure it's good for Winnipeggers to have to leave their cars behind for a change.

Driving and parking at the old Polo location used to take me almost an hour each way, so now I'm on the plus end.

The last few games will be interesting, as I can imagine the number of cyclists will be dropping off rapidly, and the 30+ minute walks become less appealing.

Here are the prices for the Stampeders for comparison. Check this out. In Calgary, fans are decrying the cost of tickets. They feel that is why the Stamps attendance has monumentally sagged. The Stamps are sitting at about 21,000 season tickets. There's only a walk up crowd of about 3 - 6,000 a  game now depending  on who is playing & the weather. Except when the Riders come to town & the teams fans gobble up all the overpriced tickets. Remember when the CFL used to pride itself on being a family oriented league where ticket prices were affordable? Not anymore.

http://www.stampeders.com/season

Here are the prices for the Stampeders for comparison. Check this out. In Calgary, fans are decrying the cost of tickets. They feel that is why the Stamps attendance has monumentally sagged. The Stamps are sitting at about 21,000 season tickets. There's only a walk up crowd of about 3 - 6,000 a game now depending on who is playing & the weather. Except when the Riders come to town & the teams fans gobble up all the overpriced tickets. Remember when the CFL used to pride itself on being a family oriented league where ticket prices were affordable? Not anymore.

Looking at that map I find it intriguing that the Platinum seating is in the middle rows of the middle sections and the Silver in the middle of the red sections.

Here are the prices for the Stampeders for comparison. Check this out. In Calgary, fans are decrying the cost of tickets. They feel that is why the Stamps attendance has monumentally sagged. The Stamps are sitting at about 21,000 season tickets. There's only a walk up crowd of about 3 - 6,000 a game now depending on who is playing & the weather. Except when the Riders come to town & the teams fans gobble up all the overpriced tickets. Remember when the CFL used to pride itself on being a family oriented league where ticket prices were affordable? Not anymore.

Looking at that map I find it intriguing that the Platinum seating is in the middle rows of the middle sections and the Silver in the middle of the red sections.

What's your thought on Stampeder pricing especially for game day seats? Fans here don't like it. It seems they make it an incentive to buy season tickets to the point of punishing the walk up crowd who don't. Casual fans are staying away by the thousands & season ticket sales are average at 21,000. This kind of price differential between season tickets & walk up to me is awful.

My mother, my brother are not renewing their season tickets and are probably gone forever

My sister canceled theirs this year because of hassles with customer service .... says she won't be back for a while 

Besides I am not a masochist (well maybe not)

I am waiting for big changes before I start buying tickets again ... for now, I prefer to suffer at home, privately

Is there any doubt our season ticket base will fall, not rise, for the 2014 season?

Transportation is easily one of the things the Bombers have done best.  With the exception of pre-season the park and ride system has been a delight.  I never have to hunt for a parking spot, basically never have to wait in traffic while driving (since the drive to the park and ride is basically traffic free) and have to wait little to no time for a bus.

Riding a bus nauseates me and takes recovery time before I feel ok again ... I would just as soon stay home

I agree. Does anyone know what row the Platinum seats start at?

I've said it before, but they need to adjust the plan for the 200 level prices so that there isn't a double price jump from the lower rows in one section to the next. (Eg. 205-206).

As someone who is on the cheaper end of that pricing, I say no thanks!

Then again, my season tickets wouldn't be in the same area next year so I guess it doesn't matter. I can't really stand the people in my section, so I'd be looking at moving if I buy.

What's your thought on Stampeder pricing especially for game day seats? Fans here don't like it. It seems they make it an incentive to buy season tickets to the point of punishing the walk up crowd who don't. Casual fans are staying away by the thousands & season ticket sales are average at 21,000. This kind of price differential between season tickets & walk up to me is awful.

There has got to be better middle ground than that.  Even if they reduced the single game tickets by 10-15% you'll probably get another 1-2k in walk-up traffic.  That's easily another $50k in gate revenue.

The other thing I noticed is the price jump from black to blue is ridiculous. $217 to sit marginally closer to the middle of the field seems a bit miscalculated.

I've said it before, but they need to adjust the plan for the 200 level prices so that there isn't a double price jump from the lower rows in one section to the next. (Eg. 205-206).

As someone who is on the cheaper end of that pricing, I say no thanks!

Then again, my season tickets wouldn't be in the same area next year so I guess it doesn't matter. I can't really stand the people in my section, so I'd be looking at moving if I buy.

IF I BUY: we have gone past the excitement stage with the stadium and we don't have the scarcity factor or the prestige of the Jets... the Blue have to actually provide entertainment 'value' instead of frustration and futility

Hosting the Grey Cup will be big for season ticket sales but I expect more 'price shock' that year

I suspect paying the building costs is playing a very heavy role in pricing decisions, more so than we suspect

The premium seats are going to sell but I am not so sure about the very expensive "cheap seats" next year ... that's where the discretionary consumer lives in this town

As for walkup pricing, I get annoyed at the agency fees, big time

How full do you think the end zone and corner seats will be next July?

Let's face it...end zone seats are end zone seats and that should be reflected in what they're asking to watch from there. Same with the corners.

Besides, what better way for the Org. to move forward and embrace the idea that better pricing opens IGF to more fans and potentially more sell outs.

There has got to be better middle ground than that.  Even if they reduced the single game tickets by 10-15% you'll probably get another 1-2k in walk-up traffic.  That's easily another $50k in gate revenue.

The other thing I noticed is the price jump from black to blue is ridiculous. $217 to sit marginally closer to the middle of the field seems a bit miscalculated.

Casual fans in Calgary are voting with their wallets & refusing to pay those outrageous game day prices. I say good on them. AS far as season ticket prices go here, one fan is complaining his seats have increased 37% the past 4 seasons & he's considering giving them up. Season ticket sales in Calgary are stagnant at 21,000. I've looked at prices across the league & I don't get what CFL teams are thinking. For the most part, prices for teams are too high. The Bombers are doing just what other teams are doing. Raising ticket prices.