Pat DelMonaco

gbill2004

Everyone seems to be calling for our OL coach, Pat Del Monaco to be fired because of the o-line’s performance this season.  Pat Del Monaco has been the Bombers OL Coach for 4-5 seasons now and has had success.  I believe a lot of the reasons for the perceived failure of the o-line this season has been poor QB play, constant new personnel on the OL (it can take up to a half season for a new OL to “gel”), and no real deep threat WR to keep 8-10 men out of the box. 

I agree that Burke needs to go, but I wouldn’t be so fast to can Pat Del Monaco. 

The furthest I'm willing to concede PDM's tenure on our staff is when our new HC makes his own decisions regarding the coaching staff.

If, for whatever reasons, he believes PDM has a solid handle on teaching fundamentals for the O-line, I'll begrudgingly accept that decision.

Until then, I won't concede he is doing a good job and I await his dismissal.

Everyone seems to be calling for our OL coach, Pat Del Monaco to be fired because of the o-line’s performance this season.  Pat Del Monaco has been the Bombers OL Coach for 4-5 seasons now and has had success.  I believe a lot of the reasons for the perceived failure of the o-line this season has been poor QB play, constant new personnel on the OL (it can take up to a half season for a new OL to “gel”), and no real deep threat WR to keep 8-10 men out of the box. 

I agree that Burke needs to go, but I wouldn’t be so fast to can Pat Del Monaco. 

What success? Our O line has been a mess for a long time

I believe he was the OL coach when Fred Reid was here and had success. 

The only time the o-line has looked good was towards the end of last season which it appears more and more was a product of Joey Elliott being able to move around in the pocket to avoid pressure and get a pass away in a timely fashion. 

Right now I want the entire coaching staff cleaned out top to bottom with the exception of Craig Dickenson. Special teams is the only part of the team that has shown any improvement this year. 

Why would we keep Delmonaco?

The only player he's helped to get better here in his tenure is a defensive lineman conversion.

Either that or the guys we've drafted/signed as OLinemen have all been REALLY bad

Well what's easier to believe, that every single player brought in is so devoid of talent that they can't possibly get any better or that the coaching is just unable to help players grow and develop?

I believe he was the OL coach when Fred Reid was here and had success. 

Oh good..that's the only criteria for your definition of success?

The only time the o-line has looked good was towards the end of last season which it appears more and more was a product of Joey Elliott being able to move around in the pocket to avoid pressure and get a pass away in a timely fashion.

Right now I want the entire coaching staff cleaned out top to bottom with the exception of Craig Dickenson. Special teams is the only part of the team that has shown any improvement this year.

lmao, did you seriously work a leg hump of joey smelliott into this post as a reason for our o-line looking respectable? your a riot man.

i call and raise you a season in which buck pierce played his most games without injury AND reids stellar play..

you go ahead and do that but you'd be wrong. People have been on the offensive line the whole time he's been here except for that brief time at the end of last year when the offense actually did show some progress. Let's not forget that no matter what the yardage numbers showed in 2010 the offense was still highly inconsistent and still went 2 and out a ton, they were just really good at making big plays and getting big chunks of yardage in one off situations. Not sure why people are so adamant that they gotta crap all over Joey Elliott when it is abundantly clear now that he never should have been cut in the first place because he actually did some good things for this team, things that no other qb has managed since. 

lmao, did you seriously work a leg hump of joey smelliott into this post as a reason for our o-line looking respectable? your a riot man.

i call and raise you a season in which buck pierce played his most games without injury AND reids stellar play..

*you're

*you're

grammar nazi. ;)

you go ahead and do that but you'd be wrong. People have been on the offensive line the whole time he's been here except for that brief time at the end of last year when the offense actually did show some progress. Let's not forget that no matter what the yardage numbers showed in 2010 the offense was still highly inconsistent and still went 2 and out a ton, they were just really good at making big plays and getting big chunks of yardage in one off situations. Not sure why people are so adamant that they gotta crap all over Joey Elliott when it is abundantly clear now that he never should have been cut in the first place because he actually did some good things for this team, things that no other qb has managed since.

he has been cut twice, crapped on by buano as "maxed out potential" and "uncoachable" a tag given to him here as well.. you realize there is more to being a qb then sort of running an offense and throwing the ball over them mountains, right?

he has been cut twice, crapped on by buano as "maxed out potential" and "uncoachable" a tag given to him here as well.. you realize there is more to being a qb then sort of running an offense and throwing the ball over them mountains, right?

He calls ISO out for sticking to his guns regarding ettienne, but can't see that he doing the same for Eliot.

Meh. They all suck.

He calls ISO out for sticking to his guns regarding ettienne, but can't see that he doing the same for Eliot.

Meh. They all suck.

There's a difference between crapping on a guy no matter what and pointing out that no one has played qb for this team as well as Elliott has. I don't care what Buono said, Elliott was the best qb we've had in the last 2 seasons. It may not be a high bar but that's where it's set and to deny that is to show outstanding levels of ignorance. 

Meh. They all suck.

Two different arguments.

And is he wrong about Elliott?

He may be a fail, but he was way more exciting than who we've had lately and has had way more offence.

If he was here this year, I see us having a couple more wins.

It'd be worth it to see Burke's expressions alone.