Bombers sign 3 sponsorship deals

Bomber_fanaddict

Wonder how many of those $200 season passes the Bombers ended up selling.  I know there was 5300 spots allocated for gameday.  Anyone know?

For the games I have gone to, I park at the MPI building for $10.  It's about a 20 minute walk from the stadium entrance.

I heard estimates of costs for renting additional buses and additional cadets for traffic control after that first exhiibition game to be in the neighbourhood of $100 000 per game.  Not sure if that's true, but if it is that would have been an additional $1 million in costs the Bombers would have to deal with.  Guess they don't have to worry about that anymore...

So, is it the U of M who won't build a parking lot on the old golf course land??? That would go a long way to alleviate problems.

I don't think that's a solution.  The problem is getting people on and off the campus, adding more cars wouldn't help without adding another route on and off campus.  Most people don't want to park on campus unless they have mobility issues.  They aren't selling the parking they have available now.

Just a question but do you think that fans will be happy taking buses for the next 50-60 years to Bomber games? I think the novelty will wear off fast. If Winnipeg had rapid transit like Calgary's C Train or the mono rail train in Vancouver right to the stadium it might be different. I just have my doubts. People like driving to the games & parking their cars. I've been to 2 games this season & used the bus. I enjoy listening to the post game show in my car after the game. By the time I get back to the arena parking lot where my car is in St Vital the post game show is over. If I went to 10 games a year by bus I may not like it.

I had the post game show going on my phone on the bus ride back to the park and ride, had people ask me to turn it up so they could listen.

I'll happily take the bus to every game for the next 10,20,30 years... No waiting in traffic in my car AT ALL... hell yes

The current location with it's transit options is BETTER than the old stadium...

The completion of the Rapid Transit corridor to a dedicated transit station on the Golf Course is a must.  Once that is complete, it should be a tremendous experience getting to and from Stadium events.  Hopefully they include some enhanced landscaping/park space at that location too.  Walking through that area coming up behind IGF is a great view of the building.  Would be wonderful park, gathering, tailgating space.

I used park and ride from the Downs for the first time on Friday. Took and hour to get to the stadium because Bishop was clogged at Waverly. Is this normal? Also, the bus back used the Perimeter instead which was much faster. Why not use it on the way to the game? Ill still use park and ride in future, but I'm wondering if my experience was the norm?

I like how ISO is mad because he hasn't figured out that they have made portable AM radios yet. 

Also, the bus situation will only improve, assuming that Sammy Katz has some buddies that want to make some cash building a rapid transit line down into the U of M.

I dunno.I guess we'll see as time goes on, won't we? I make it to a couple of games a year because I live in Calgary. So, what happens in Winnipeg really has no affect on me. I just know here in Calgary that the C Trains run right to McMahon Stadium & carry thousands of fans on Game Day. There's also places to park around the stadium so fans have a choice to take the train or car. As far as Corus Apps go, I have a  Blackberry with another 3 months to go on my agreement. With a new phone I can start downloading apps like that.

I used park and ride from the Downs for the first time on Friday. Took and hour to get to the stadium because Bishop was clogged at Waverly. Is this normal? Also, the bus back used the Perimeter instead which was much faster. Why not use it on the way to the game? Ill still use park and ride in future, but I'm wondering if my experience was the norm?

The last 2 Friday games from the downs has been slow.  The light at Waverly and Bishop is messed up and is only letting like 3 cars through a light!  It hasn't always been like this and we have made it to the game in 30 min or less for most games.  Once the light issue is fixed it should be back to normal.  Also the route seems to change from driver to driver.  Some take the perimeter to wilkes, some take it to grant some take it to pembina some take back roads.  All are within a few minutes of each other and I have found it to be a great option.

Also for those who want pre and post game shows.  Ask the bus drivers to put the radio on for the bus.  Most have gladly turned it on for us to listen to on the way there or back.  I always take a radio anyways just in case :)

I like how ISO is mad because he hasn't figured out that they have made portable AM radios yet. 

Also, the bus situation will only improve, assuming that Sammy Katz has some buddies that want to make some cash building a rapid transit line down into the U of M.

I dunno.I guess we'll see as time goes on, won't we? I make it to a couple of games a year because I live in Calgary. So, what happens in Winnipeg really has no affect on me. I just know here in Calgary that the C Trains run right to McMahon Stadium & carry thousands of fans on Game Day. There's also places to park around the stadium so fans have a choice to take the train or car. As far as Corus Apps go, I have a  Blackberry with another 3 months to go on my agreement. With a new phone I can start downloading apps like that.

There is more than enough parking available within a 1.5 km-2 km walk.  If you want to be a 5 minute walk away or get dropped off at the stadium, your options are parking on campus or using transit.  There's no solution to the problem (if you don't want to or can't walk or use transit) given the location.  You add more parking on campus and the traffic problem just becomes worse, then you get to a point where people realize the problem is getting on and off the campus and won't use the parking, which is basically where they are at with the current spots available for Bomber games.

I have the Corus app on my BB (old 7.1 OS) and use it all the time...

I have the Corus app on my BB (old 7.1 OS) and use it all the time...

I'll certainly look into that Noeller as I've just about given up trying to download apps on my Blackberry.

We parked for free at the BPs on Pembina, had a few pre-game pops and a bite before the game, and then walked to and from the stadium. Worked out really well, actually, and isn't that far of a walk. Seems there's lots of options like that...

Parking on campus has been disappointing to say the least. Especially now that they have cut back on spots.  There are very few options to park within a 10 minute walk, and if it's more than that, you might as well just find a place on Pembina to park anyways. 

I've only been to two games but both times were were just across the street from the stadium, perhaps a 3 minute walk.

Parking on campus has been disappointing to say the least. Especially now that they have cut back on spots.  There are very few options to park within a 10 minute walk, and if it's more than that, you might as well just find a place on Pembina to park anyways. 

I've only been to two games but both times were were just across the street from the stadium, perhaps a 3 minute walk.

You must have had a different colour pass.  Was it a season pass?  Curious, where were your seats?

You must have had a different colour pass.  Was it a season pass?  Curious, where were your seats?

I park at the Soccer complex its only few minutes from the gate to the lot.

Gold pass here. Same three minute walk and no more than 15 minutes home. Parking has been a breeze since the preseason game.

Gold pass here. Same three minute walk and no more than 15 minutes home. Parking has been a breeze since the preseason game.

Man that time keeps getting shorter and shorter every time you tell it to me.  I think last week you told me it was 20 minutes...now it's 15.  If you don't slow your pace you're going to be at 30 seconds soon and all your credibility will be out the window.

...*cough*...

...did I mention I switched offices and you won't be able to find me tomorrow...

;):ph34r:

Man that time keeps getting shorter and shorter every time you tell it to me.  I think last week you told me it was 20 minutes...now it's 15.  If you don't slow your pace you're going to be at 30 seconds soon and all your credibility will be out the window.

...*cough*...

...did I mention I switched offices and you won't be able to find me tomorrow...

lol .. :)

It's EASILY the best money I've spent going to Bomber games this season .. Where it used to take upwards of an hour to get to / from CanadInns while living in Royalwood .. it's seriously no more than 15 - 20 minutes tops.  It's bloody fantastic.  When I can leave my house an hour before kickoff .. drive to the stadium .. park .. go check out the Bomber Store and get a drink and STILL be in my seat with time to spare .. I consider that a win!

As for finding you .. I'll log a VIT ticket .. you'll have to come to me .. or you can sacrifice your Saskabushian co-op Student.

It's EASILY the best money I've spent going to Bomber games this season .. Where it used to take upwards of an hour to get to / from CanadInns while living in Royalwood .. it's seriously no more than 15 - 20 minutes tops.  It's bloody fantastic.  When I can leave my house an hour before kickoff .. drive to the stadium .. park .. go check out the Bomber Store and get a drink and STILL be in my seat with time to spare .. I consider that a win!

I guess you gotta take your victories where you can, but wouldn't an actual WIN by the team be even nicer?

:)

but wouldn't an actual WIN by the team be even nicer?

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get crazy here.

but wouldn't an actual WIN by the team be even nicer?

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get crazy here.

Sorry.

All this talk by Burke about the offence scoring points has me confused.....