CFLPA All Star Team

Rich

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most his catches are clean open grabs..from gaining separation and crisp route running...he can make contested catches...but doesn't have to...sign of an elite receiver...plain and simple

That's the impressive thing about him to me. He just always seems to get that separation. Clinical in the way he plays.

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most his catches are clean open grabs..from gaining separation and crisp route running...he can make contested catches...but doesn't have to...sign of an elite receiver...plain and simple

Agreed, but if I’m a db that votes for the receivers, I might vote for the one who has given me the most trouble in 1:1s, not the one who gains the most yards or is most technically proficient. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Agreed, but if I’m a db that votes for the receivers, I might vote for the one who has given me the most trouble in 1:1s, not the one who gains the most yards or is most technically proficient. 

What's more troubling, having a shot at a 50/50 ball in close coverage or not being able to cover a guy because he beat you clean on his route and you can't keep up?

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

Totally.  That one TD against the Riders.  They actually had double coverage on him, but he gained separation, had to stop to make the catch, and still found open field to take it to the house. 

• 3 months later...