Congrats to the GOAT! Harris breaks 10k yards

Geebrr

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I can’t be mad at him given what he did here. 

I don't get the feeling anyone is mad at him here. Just a feeling of being let down by a player the fans really supported. Not that he left but the way he did. To Harris, it meant more money in Toronto which was a good thing for him. It was a business decision for him to leave. For the Bombers, it was also a business decision to let him leave. So then, why was Harris so pissed off about Walters & esoecially O'Shea when it's just business? Be a pro & go silently. Don't make it personal which he did. 

Harris admits himself he wasn't in a good place mentally or physically last season - I think he needed the change of scenery tbh and it's working out well for him so far.

Direct quote from him: 

“Last year was really just a bad year for me overall on and off the field. The stuff off the field kind of led to on the field more than anything. This year, my head is a lot clearer as far as my surroundings and everything going on in my life.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/around-the-cfl-argonauts-rb-andrew-harris-proving-age-is-just-a-number/?sn-amp

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't get the feeling anyone is mad at him here. Just a feeling of being let down by a player the fans really supported. Not that he left but the way he did. To Harris, it meant more money in Toronto which was a good thing for him. It was a business decision for him to leave. For the Bombers, it was also a business decision to let him leave. So then, why was Harris so pissed off about Walters & esoecially O'Shea when it's just business? Be a pro & go silently. Don't make it personal which he did. 

That's easier said than done when it's a hometown team, an organization in which he was a leader during his entire tenure, not to mention the highs of coming off back-to-back championship victories where he played a major role in both post-season runs. He was the face off the franchise for over half a decade and all parties involved enjoyed immense success over that period of time.

It's a business, sure. But it's not always just business.

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But we are 7-0 without Harris. He could have stayed but it was Harris himself who opted to walk away in a huff. I get that you are a fan, but he is gone.  Time to move on and stop trying to imagine people have opinions that don't actually exist.

Winning now, but will they win in the playoffs if they can't re-establish an effective running game?  Tomorrow may provide insight.

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have completely moved on. I will always be grateful for what he did, and I know that we wouldn't have the last 2 GCs without him. Having said that, he's an Argo....and **** anyone who ain't us. Time for everyone to just move on. 

Can you hate the Argos, want to beat them 500-0 every time we play - yet still like Andrew Harris and acknowledge he would be the best RB on our team? 

55 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think he earned the benefit of the doubt that he would come back more prepared for 2022, personally. 

36 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Winning now, but will they win in the playoffs if they can't re-establish an effective running game?  Tomorrow may provide insight.

Thankfully RB is one of the easier problems to fix. 

Our problem would be the ratio betting on our two NI RBs (who I have not given up on, but aren’t showing what we’ve been accustomed to).