Game 64: vs Vegas

iHeart

36 minutes ago, iHeart said:

so will Comrie start against the Sens or the Blue Jackets? wait who am I kidding he'll start against the Sens I don't think he would stand a chance against  the BJ's with Laine on the team

Laine was having a good run for a bit there but..he's streaky plus he's not the best player in the league and comrie has faced plenty of more consistent shooters

He's very inconsistent and terrible defensively like scheifele bad defensively 

They need to win pretty much every game. I'm not sure Eric plays again 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Vezina-Buck has shown up tonight.

If he shows up the rest of the year... get your playoff tickets ready. Yes likely lose to Colorado but... still. 

Pionk with his 1st in 40 games 

He's been disappointing this season too. 

KFC with 2 apples today 

Nothing is over until it's over. 

That eichel trade looking not so good. 

They have 34 million on IR tho 

Best part... we might not make the playoffs but we definitely helping Vegas not make it either and thats beautiful cuz **** Vegas 

Helle with the get that weak **** out of here glove save 

Dallas is basically the 2nd wild card spot. Losing the last 6 to them is pretty crappy 

Edited by Goalie

36 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Oilers did the Jets no favours, giving up a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes left and losing 5-3 to the Stars. 

3 points out, but here is the harsh reality - to get above the current winning percentage of the Stars and into 8th place, the Jets would need to win their next 7 in a row. 

Doable but not likely.  Next 4 are very winnable which would be 6 wins In a row. 

Edited by Goalie

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Oilers did the Jets no favours, giving up a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes left and losing 5-3 to the Stars. 

3 points out, but here is the harsh reality - to get above the current winning percentage of the Stars and into 8th place, the Jets would need to win their next 7 in a row. 

At this point the VGK are on the way out.

8 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I don’t think anyone was saying that Hellebuyck is a lousy goalie, but he hasn’t been very good this season.  He entered the game with a .908 save percentage, which is obviously suboptimal.

Exactly. He's had a bad year and anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong. He's still a great goalie but this year he hasn't been. I mean prior to the shutout he allowed like 3 or more in what? 11 12 straight? That normally aka never happens. He's got Pavelec like numbers this year 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

A goaltender the calibre of Hellebuyck having a bad year - is a reflection of the play in front of him

It is and perhaps he's overplayed also. Man on man D zone play sucks.  Wanna get our D away from the net so a forward "covers" for him instead? Go 4 a skate cuz our D will follow him ( Man to man)

Without Hellebuyck the last 3 years we are picking top 3... he's allowed an off year for sure... I guess tho he's kinda shown that he's elite and vezina level yearly. This year he's not making those saves tho.  

You need to make some changes this off season tho and I think it starts with entire coaching staff and one or both of 55 or 26... some of this needs to be on the on the players too. 55 looks like he could care less most games. Blake tries but he's getting older and comes across pissy in interviews.  

I dunno. I think 1 or 2 big changes in the off season are inevitable. 

I will admit 55 seems way more energized when he gets to play with ehlers tho. 

Perhaps putting our 2 elder statesman with 55 isn't the best move 

At one point we all wanted 55 Dubois Stastny Lowry as our 4 centers. WHy they didn't do that until last night? Mind boggling. (Lowry wasn't playing) 

When he does do they go 4 solid lines or do we drop svech to 4th line.. go Dubois 55 Lowry toninato at center and Play the slower older guys with still younger 55? 

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

It is and perhaps he's overplayed also.

Not perhaps but undoubtedly. He's been the busiest goalie in the NHL over the last five seasons: https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-5-nhl-seasons-goalies-stats.html (the next busiest has played 26 fewer games)

FWIW, he's still performing in the top 10 this season (https://moneypuck.com/goalies.htm) despite the Jets being a middling team in terms of puck possession (https://moneypuck.com/teams.htm). Individually, his stats have suffered and he's struggled often, but I think it speaks to broader issues that continues to plague this team: poor defensive zone play, questionable coverage, shot attempts allowed (high danger chances), and puck movement/clearing in the defensive zone. Plus the continue special teams issues, particularly on the PK.

The Jets' identity as a 200 ft. team, save for the 2017-18 season, has been mostly non-existent since Hellebuyck assumed the role of starting netminder. He's fared considerably well, though.

Imagine if the organization decided to address those glaring issues, instead of maintaining the status quo with a shoddy system and inept coaching.