Game 61 : Viva Lost Vegas

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Wheeler whined about the Bronx cheer during the 1st intermission interview... Seemed incredibly spoiled. 

Pretty sure a certain sports writer from the Winnipeg Sun will jump all over this. I'd check the article myself but that means I'd have to pull the paper out from the bottom of the birdcage.

Uniforms reminded me of the sixties rangers uniform.

Kyle connor stop turn go is fun to watch.

14 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No, they are not defensive players, but they are paid to be scorers

What do other top forwards do? 

(I dont watch other games,and do not know)

does crosby backcheck, did toews? Ovechkin?

Wheeler expanded on his remarks, after game, and I cant paste it here.

basically a nice apology to the fans.

Edited by Mark F

I have mixed feelings about this game:

1. the Jets ****-kicking Vegas is ever so satisfying
2. If Vegas misses the playoff while being 10M over the cap... LOL all day long and they can F*** off
3. Though I would never cheer against the Jets, I don't mind seeing them lose to sell at the deadline.
4. I just don't see how it benefits the Jets long term to hold on to Copp and Stats... only to finish 9th in the west this year (or 8th with the prize of 4 games against Colorado)... I'd rather see those guys get traded and have assets to show for them since they are both extremely unlikely to be back next year...
5. Keeping them to fight for a playoff spot just helps the Jets remain a middling team

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I have mixed feelings about this game:

1. the Jets ****-kicking Vegas is ever so satisfying
2. If Vegas misses the playoff while being 10M over the cap... LOL all day long and they can F*** off
3. Though I would never cheer against the Jets, I don't mind seeing them lose to sell at the deadline.
4. I just don't see how it benefits the Jets long term to hold on to Copp and Stats... only to finish 9th in the west this year (or 8th with the prize of 4 games against Colorado)... I'd rather see those guys get traded and have assets to show for them since they are both extremely unlikely to be back next year...
5. Keeping them to fight for a playoff spot just helps the Jets remain a middling team

Obviously I'd like the Jets to make this years playoffs but just feel this team is off and thinking longer-term and not so much what we can do to help us make the playoffs is use any current hot streak (individual and/or team) and strike while the iron is hot, ie trades, E.g. Copp, Stastny, Wheeler Schiefele. I would think this might help us leverage a better trade with teams who want really want to make playoffs this year or want to make some noise in this years playoffs, ie be a contender to win the Stanley Cup.