2021 Off-season: State of the Jets

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Its still a much better deal then what Trouba signed for and IMO he's a much better player then Jacob.  

This is fair, but also a bit revisionist. At the time we all thought Trouba was an elite player in this league. But man, he signed that big money deal and just totally fell off in NY. Just crazy. Looking at it now, certainly Pionk seems like a much better value for the Jets.. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

6 mil seems steep right now, but I feel like he'll be worth more than that by the time the contract is done. To me, he's the second best/most important D after Morrissey....

Damn Noeller, you need to watch more games. Morrissey been hot garbage the last 2. You're one of the few saying Morrissey ahead of Pionk.

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Damn Noeller, you need to watch more games. Morrissey been hot garbage the last 2. You're one of the few saying Morrissey ahead of Pionk.

This is just flat out incorrect. But keep telling others to watch more games as you continue to irrationally crap on a player ad nauseam.

"Arguably the Jets best defenceman." Jeff Hamilton

“Winnipeg’s best defenceman past few seasons.” Murat Ates

"The Winnipeg Jets just signed their best defenceman from the past two years and their best defenceman going into this season as well." Brandon Rewucki

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

"Arguably the Jets best defenceman." Jeff Hamilton's take on Pionk.

And that's his opinion. That doesn't make it absolute or irrefutable. 

Furthermore, that doesn't make Morrissey "hot garbage" as you've stated. His play fell off the last two seasons for several reasons but you make it sound like he's overpaid trash. That's neither accurate nor objective.

Morrissey played with Beaulieu with ld Josh playing on the right.  He played with ideal 7th rd poolman also. When paired with Demelo 44 was very good. 

Pionk has had a couple good seasons here and likely was our best overall d the last 2 seasons. He also never played on his offside and also had somewhat capable partners 

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

UFA either way though I believe. 

Also i thought WPG would win that arb case.

They wouldn't win that. Copp put up big numbers. It's the right number.

But, now the Jets can sign him to an appropriate longer term deal for 2022-23 and beyond, when more money opens.