Random Jets News

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Talking this thru, I could trade away a player to another team after the trade deadline but write in the agreement that this player will start employment with his new team in the off season (deal is null and void if said player incurs an injury between now and then) but is still under contract with us till the end of this season (i.e., still playing for us this year and post season)? 

Why make the trade at all in season then? Just wait until after.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Guy played well last game. Not sure taking out a skill guy is a smart move honestly. 

JMO, but with Vilardi out for a while, I would keep Perfetti in but move him to the second line to spark him hopefully. Run Ehlers-Scheifele-Connor as 1, Perfetti-Monahan-Toffoli 2, the usual 3rd line of Nino-Lowry-Appleton, and put Iafallo on with Barron and Namestnikov with Kupari or Gus as the back-up there. We will need more scoring, and Perfetti is better in that role than 4th line grinder/energy guy. Iafallo is more versatile (as is Namestnikov) and could provide a positive edge on the bottom 4. Just my random thoughts, and I am loathe to question a coach of Bones’ tenure and success. Nice to have these depth options though. 

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Why make the trade at all in season then? Just wait until after.

Ahl player. He can play for their ahl team. Dude is not an nhl player. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

JMO, but with Vilardi out for a while, I would keep Perfetti in but move him to the second line to spark him hopefully. Run Ehlers-Scheifele-Connor as 1, Perfetti-Monahan-Toffoli 2, the usual 3rd line of Nino-Lowry-Appleton, and put Iafallo on with Barron and Namestnikov with Kupari or Gus as the back-up there. We will need more scoring, and Perfetti is better in that role than 4th line grinder/energy guy. Iafallo is more versatile (as is Namestnikov) and could provide a positive edge on the bottom 4. Just my random thoughts, and I am loathe to question a coach of Bones’ tenure and success. Nice to have these depth options though. 

I think 

Connor Scheifele Perfetti 

Ehlers Monahan Toffoli. 

Iafallo Lowry Nino 

Barron names apples. 

because then u getting the 2nd line some time to find chemistry. Gabe comes back. He takes fetts spot. Fetts either scratched or moved to 4th line and apples or Baron sits. I’d be trying hard right now to put together as many lines as possible that will work in playoffs. 

Connor Scheifele Vilardi 

Ehlers Mony Toff 

that’s the top 6 when everyone healthy. 

Edited by Goalie

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bb1 said:

Says he has a great relationship with the Jets including a lot of respect for management. Not sure how you read that he is not signing with the Jets eventually?

It's the Winnipeg born and bred that gives me a psychological advantage :D

https://illegalcurve.com/winnipeg-jets-prospect-rutger-mcgroarty-returning-to-michigan-for-2024-25-season/

On a positive note...

Despite decline in ticket sales, the Winnipeg Jets have never lost money, True North says.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg