2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Thought we might see some reps. from Streveler ....especially when Arizona was up by a bunch....but no dice.....Chris seems to have shaved his noggin as there was a  glimpse of him on the bench ....Do we miss this guy or what...lol...Just like to see him do well... The Cardinals look like they've upped their game....or was Dallas just that bad

Dallas was 100% that bad. One of the worst performances I've seen in years.

Cowboys are a bit of a mess right now, Dak out for the year killed any hope, the once vaunted o line had Martin and Williams starting last night and Martin got concussed which left the line very inexperience with 2 rooks starting and 2 with very little playing time under their belts, Zeke is a shadow of his former self and has added fumbling the ball to his resume, the receivers are the highlight of the offence but Dalton needs more work with them. The real problem is the D, the line is terrible no pressure and can't top the run, the d backs are embarrassing, and the linebacking crew has taken a step back, add to that a new DC putting in his scheme without the proper players and they get lit up ever game. Jerry's ego has held this team back as he tries to relive the glory days that he had very little to do with, and in turn tries to be the owner, gm and coach and it hasn't worked in close to 25 years

Yeah they have problems at every spot outside of HB and WR. Everything else is in need of help. The Dline has talent, but hasn't been able to put it together. Secondary is a joke, LBs are ok I guess. Oline hurt and replacements are playing like replacements. Dalton wasn't being held back by the Bengals.

Dallas hasn’t won anything since the nineties. A couple of playoff wins since then.

overhyped for years. 

why they are even talked about at all is a puzzle. Yet the team is discussed endlessly.

And,  top selling team for merchandise.

money aside, streveller might miss playing for the Bombers.

Edited by Mark F

11 hours ago, Stickem said:

Thought we might see some reps. from Streveler ....especially when Arizona was up by a bunch....but no dice.....Chris seems to have shaved his noggin as there was a  glimpse of him on the bench ....Do we miss this guy or what...lol...Just like to see him do well... The Cardinals look like they've upped their game....or was Dallas just that bad

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I doubt if you see much of Streveler. Like with the Bombers, he's an anomaly. Not good enough to be a starter & probably never will be.  Also probably not good enough to be a legit #2 NFL qb but certainly someone who can come in & change things up & give a different look. Only problem, Kyler Murray is maybe more athletic than Streveler so it isn't much of a change up when he goes in. So, he doesn't play much. The other thing about the NFL is they don't have short yardage qbs. The starting qbs stay in on fourth down. Especially Murray as he's dangerous in short yardage. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Allen, Goff, Murray, Wilson, Carr, Mahomes, Watson, Cousins, Foles, Wentz... They don't come out like they do in the CFL. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're right about changing up the qb. in the nfl....they'd rather stink it up entirely rather than switch to a back-up....I see it as money....they're giving their starters bags of dough to win...but a lot of them don't have the talent .....I like our system better where we give our qb's every opportunity to produce and if they don't...out comes the hook....Nfl refuses to do that...Also very few of their teams do not incorporate the type of qb. Chris Streveler is...I believe Arizona used him once in a game successfully...doing what he does best....but if I were Streve I would want more action than that...However the nfl seems to have a bottomless pit of money and I don't Chris has a problem getting in on that action....He'll miss the real football ...which is here...eventually😉

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

You're right about changing up the qb. in the nfl....they'd rather stink it up entirely rather than switch to a back-up....I see it as money....they're giving their starters bags of dough to win...but a lot of them don't have the talent .....I like our system better where we give our qb's every opportunity to produce and if they don't...out comes the hook....Nfl refuses to do that...Also very few of their teams do not incorporate the type of qb. Chris Streveler is...I believe Arizona used him once in a game successfully...doing what he does best....but if I were Streve I would want more action than that...However the nfl seems to have a bottomless pit of money and I don't think Chris has a problem getting in on that action....He'll miss the real football ...which is here...eventually😉

On 2020-10-20 at 3:20 PM, JCon said:

I couldn't find it; however, it showed that they were allowing a historic number of points.

Found this, ha!

The fool might have shot himself if any of those bullets riccocheted. 

On 2020-10-22 at 3:15 PM, bustamente said:

Let the tank begin, Vikes need to clean house at the end of the year and hope they are in the running to draft Clemson Qb Lawrence and then get the best o line possible for him and Cook until Cook gets injured again

Lawrence will end up in New York with the Jets or Giants. My condolences to the kid.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lawrence will end up in New York with the Jets or Giants. My condolences to the kid.

The most impressive young qb to me, is Justin Hebert , Chargers.  But there are a lot of good young guys, nice to see. For a change.

6 hours ago, Mark F said:

The most impressive young qb to me, is Justin Hebert , Chargers.  But there are a lot of good young guys, nice to see. For a change.

These guys seem more pro ready to step into their NFL careers then qbs a generation or 2 ago. Despite the fact they play 4 years in the gun formation running the spread offense. But the NFL has changed as well making it easier for these highly drafted kids to succeed. More plays out of the Gun & Pistol & the Spread.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

These guys seem more pro ready to step into their NFL careers then qbs a generation or 2 ago. Despite the fact they play 4 years in the gun formation running the spread offense. But the NFL has changed as well making it easier for these highly drafted kids to succeed. More plays out of the Gun & Pistol & the Spread.

When my son played Juco in california & then later at SFU, he used to lead the qbs in 3, 5 & 7 step drop drills as well as doing a lot of footwork drills when the team went to Special Teams part of practice. He didn't want to lose the skill he had dropping back from center he had learned inn high school because college was total gun snap out of the Spread when passing. So, he'd teach the other qbs the drills he used so they could all work each other out when there was downtime for them at practice. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27