Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FrostyWinnipeg

Game 51 @ Columbus

Recommended Posts

This club has quit on Maurice....Effort isn't there anymore....how long do the fans have to put up with this loser....Obviously something is wrong and the word is out that the clock is ticking on Paul.....Time for Chevy to make a move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stickem said:

This club has quit on Maurice....Effort isn't there anymore

I thought they played hard the last two nights. The D just isn't good enough. We're getting beat every might now b/c our goaltending has regressed and isn't bailing them out anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sweep the leg said:

Kulikov should have just signed his retirement papers and left the arena after the game winning goal. That was brutal.

Not buying him out in the off-season was a huge misplay... everyone could see it coming - but I guess the Jets didn't want to spend the extra dough to get rid of him

We don't have Dmen in the pipeline - that's on Chevy...  Stanley was a huge miss, Niku is not in favour with Maurice, Green not ready and Samberg seems like he's not going to sign...

Beyond that - Morrissey is our #2 PK and PP guy... but he's our only elite Dman - that's on Maurice and his love affair with Bitetto

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We don't have Dmen in the pipeline - that's on Chevy...  Stanley was a huge miss, Niku is not in favour with Maurice, Green not ready and Samberg seems like he's not going to sign...

Also Tucker Poolman is basically a rookie at 26.

If Samberg had waited until UFA day he would have seen a guaranteed spot. When he made his decision to return to U everyone was still here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Not buying him out in the off-season was a huge misplay... everyone could see it coming - but I guess the Jets didn't want to spend the extra dough to get rid of him

We don't have Dmen in the pipeline - that's on Chevy...  Stanley was a huge miss, Niku is not in favour with Maurice, Green not ready and Samberg seems like he's not going to sign...

Beyond that - Morrissey is our #2 PK and PP guy... but he's our only elite Dman - that's on Maurice and his love affair with Bitetto

 

Wed be worse without Kuli.

Stanley still has a chance.  Niku is good.  Ville is good.  Samberg is good and coming.  Pionk has been pretty darn good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wed be worse without Kuli.

Stanley still has a chance.  Niku is good.  Ville is good.  Samberg is good and coming.  Pionk has been pretty darn good.

I feel like Kovacevic might turn into a decent D man too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wed be worse without Kuli.

Stanley still has a chance.  Niku is good.  Ville is good.  Samberg is good and coming.  Pionk has been pretty darn good.

No we would have had cap space to sign someone better than kuli - he’s close to our worst D

pionk is good but not for 22-24 mins a game

all the other guys you mention are not ready for this year - which makes my point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No we would have had cap space to sign someone better than kuli - he’s close to our worst D

pionk is good but not for 22-24 mins a game

all the other guys you mention are not ready for this year - which makes my point

Yeah but they also thought they had buff for 25 minutes a game.  They didn’t.  Kuli isn’t that bad when managing his minutes.  For only one year it was worth keeping him.  And there is help coming.  But sure without buff they do need to bring in help in the off season. But they can’t hand out six year deals to do it. Have To manage it.  
 

hope niku keeps getting better. Maybe ville is here. Samberg is ready. Poolman has been pretty good.  Plus josh and pionk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team D sucked last year also with Buff Trouba Myers etc.. At some point, perhaps after he starts calling out the youth, oh ehlers and roslo last night, at some point u look at the system and realize its a square peg round holes thing. The coach needs to go.. Hes calling out The youth again and showing no accountability to the vets like Scheif who is dogging it in the D zone. Its beginning again. Maurice has likely lost a large portion of the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah but they also thought they had buff for 25 minutes a game.  They didn’t.  Kuli isn’t that bad when managing his minutes.  For only one year it was worth keeping him.  And there is help coming.  But sure without buff they do need to bring in help in the off season. But they can’t hand out six year deals to do it. Have To manage it.  
 

hope niku keeps getting better. Maybe ville is here. Samberg is ready. Poolman has been pretty good.  Plus josh and pionk 

Playing buff 25 mins a game is also a bad plan

kuli at $4.5 mill was never a good deal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitching about Kulikov is ????? Like  he'd make any difference either way. Weird hill to pick. 

Since u cant fire players and im not sure i would without trying a new guy first, the rope  around Maurices neck right now is likely thread sized. 

Have they quit on him? Some have checked out for sure, it appears most have,  unless our system truly is run around like chickens with heads off in our zone by all 5 players on the ice. 

We have no identity. Actually its become can Helle or Bro stop 20 high danger chances a game? If not we lose. 

You know it's the coach when a team with laine ehlers connor scheif Wheeler roslo etc cant score.. Other team scores 4? Good night Jets. Our D zone play is likely so conplex for our offensively talented forwards that they are thinking 2 much and not reacting. 

6 years is a long time.. Got Swept once, had a good run, regressed significantly, lost in rd 1 blowing leads... To out of playoffs. 

Its just time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...