RedBlacks @ Argos

SpeedFlex27

32 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

A different oc and better QB coaching would make the team better.....not just one guy....

It's been said here before by other posters but sometimes OC's outsmart themselves. We see that with LaPo & with Chapdelaine. Plus in meetings, Jacques can be condescending & intimidating which makes learning even more difficult. Expecting qbs to be PHD level smart to master a playbook isn't the best idea, I believe. An OC will neuter any talent his qbs have by having them think too much out on the field. Or suffer from a lack of confidence which leads to sacks & turnovers. It takes longer for them to completely understand the playbook & have their natural abilities start to take over. Posters here can say what they want about Dave Dickenson as a HC but he does foster a much more positive atmosphere for his qbs to learn & grow. Being a former qb he knows what it takes to play well in the CFL & he has a lot of success grooming young qbs. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's been said here before by other posters but sometimes OC's outsmart themselves. We see that with LaPo & with Chapdelaine. Plus in meetings, Jacques can be condescending & intimidating which makes learning even more difficult. Expecting qbs to be PHD level smart to master a playbook isn't the best idea, I believe. An OC will neuter any talent his qbs have by having them think too much out on the field. Or suffer from a lack of confidence which leads to sacks & turnovers. It takes longer for them to completely understand the playbook & have their natural abilities start to take over. Posters here can say what they want about Dave Dickenson as a HC but he does foster a much more positive atmosphere for his qbs to learn & grow. Being a former qb he knows what it takes to play well in the CFL & he has a lot of success grooming young qbs. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So like you said earlier......Nichols could have been better these past few years.

40 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

So like you said earlier......Nichols could have been better these past few years.

Yes, what do you think I & other posters have been saying for 2 seasons? LaPo & Pierce's qb coaching hasn't been as good as other teams. What would Dane Evans look like in our offense? Absolutely nothing the way he looks in Hamilton. He'd be struggling as well. Or at the very least his numbers would be half to 2/3 of what he puts up every weekend. I don't think any up & coming FA qb wants to play here. Why would they?

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What about Pierce? Think he's ready to step up?? Different system. 

i dunno about Pierce, he hasn't done anything with Lapo so it's hard to gauge what he brings. At least with a guy from Calgary you have him being experienced learning from some of the best OCs the league has had recently.

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

i dunno about Pierce, he hasn't done anything with Lapo so it's hard to gauge what he brings. At least with a guy from Calgary you have him being experienced learning from some of the best OCs the league has had recently.

Agree totally & if LaPo is replaced do the Bombers want another LaPo bringing the same offense to every game?

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

I don’t believe dinwiddie calls the plays in Calgary. So you really don’t know how he’d handle the pressure. 

He always had the reputation as a smart qb though, and I have the expectation that a smart qb understands how to call plays.

Same reason I'd be OK with Pierce too. Guy isn't a dummy, I think he knows how to run an offense.

I don't know about Buck being regarded as an intelligent QB,   lots of heart and a desire to win.  I've never read anything about him being able to dissect a defense.    

Then again coaching involves much more then just that so who knows if he would be any good.