World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Newly Formed Liberal Party Trounces Incumbent Trump Fan in Slovenia Election
-Getty
A newcomer party to Slovenia’s general election walked away with a landslide victory on Sunday, beating the country’s populist prime minister by an unanticipatedly wide margin. With more than 97 percent of ballots counted, officials said the liberal Freedom Movement—formed in January—had won roughly 34 percent of the vote, while Prime Minister Janez Janša’s conservative Slovenian Democratic party trailed with around 24 percent support. The Freedom Movement’s leader, former executive Robert Golob, addressed the victory in a video message. “People really want change,” he said. “Today people are dancing, but tomorrow a new day begins. Tomorrow we’ll start working hard.” The party is expected to form the next government in coalition with smaller liberal parties. Its agenda, according to Golob, includes bolstering health care and transitioning to green energy. Jansa, a 63-year-old populist veteran and avowed Donald Trump fan, conceded the loss and congratulated the “relative winner” of the race in a speech, according to the Associated Press. “The results are as they are,” he said. “Many challenges lie ahead for the new government, whatever it may look like, but the foundations are solid.”

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Just breaking : multiple big fires at oil depots in Bryansk, Russia. Ukraine fighting back!

Uhm... they have been fighting back... since February 24th.

Also, it might be a false flag operation. The Druzhba pipeline is the 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 pipeline pumping russian oil to Europe.

Also, it might be a way of saying "**** you" to all those EU countries still funding the Russian war machine...

Edit: 

Thinking on this more,  I believe that this is a result of EU lollygagging on sanctioning  russian oil and bemoaning their reliance on russian oil-  Ukraine just made it easier for the EU.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Uhm... they have been fighting back... since February 24th.

Also, it might be a false flag operation. The Druzhba pipeline is the 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 pipeline pumping russian oil to Europe.

Also, it might be a way of saying "**** you" to all those EU countries still funding the Russian war machine...

The attacks on Russian petroleum facilities has a more immediate goal: to starve their military of fuel for their vehicles and aircraft. You may recall that 8km-long army column that halted halfway to Kyiv. It apparently stalled because of fuel shortages and left itself open to being picked off by Ukrainian mobile forces and artillery. Had the column made it to Kyiv, the outcome of the battle there may have had a different outcome.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-war-russia-1.6430916

Russia's top diplomat warned Ukraine against provoking a Third World War and said the threat of a nuclear conflict "should not be underestimated," as his country unleashed attacks against rail and fuel installations far from the front lines of Moscow's new eastern offensive.

...Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Russia has "a feeling that the West wants Ukraine to continue to fight and, as it seems to them, wear out, exhaust the Russian army and the Russian military industrial war complex. This is an illusion."

Weapons supplied by Western countries "will be a legitimate target," Lavrov said, noting that Russian forces were targeting weapons warehouses in western Ukraine.

Lavrov accused Ukrainian leaders of provoking Russia by asking NATO to become involved in the conflict. NATO forces are "pouring oil on the fire," Lavrov said, according to a transcript on the Russian Foreign Ministry's website.

"Everyone is reciting incantations that in no case can we allow World War III," he said in a Russian television interview.

Lavrov said he would not want to see risks of a nuclear confrontation "artificially inflated now, when the risks are rather significant."

"The danger is serious," he said. "It is real. It should not be underestimated."

Sergei Lavrov is a real piece of ****.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

That's a lot of body bags

it has been reliably reported that the Russians are losing about 280 per day.

Addendum: Widows of Russians killed in the war will receive 10,000 rubles (about $155 US) if the body is recovered and identified. However, with the portable crematoria the Russians have had accompanying the troops, Russians being taken prisoner or unrecoverable (as with aircraft being shot down) or bodies being destroyed in explosions, it is estimated that less than half of the widows will receive anything at all. And then there are several hundred troops who will be dying of radiation poisoning in months and years to come after entering the exclusion zone around Chernobyl and staying there for days.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

How much reliability do you put in these figures? It says they are being reported by Ukrainian Armed Forces. I think Russia is pushing misinformation a lot more, but its likely a both sides thing.

The American military has confirmed these figures in the past, and there has been a steady progression so far, so the reports appear credible.

3 hours ago, WildPath said:

How much reliability do you put in these figures? It says they are being reported by Ukrainian Armed Forces. I think Russia is pushing misinformation a lot more, but its likely a both sides thing.

22 thousand plus deaths which doesn’t include the Ukraine side?!?!

MF. We just get so desensitized to this number when you’re not directly impacted. What a waste of human life due to lunatic and his ardent supporters.

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

22 thousand plus deaths which doesn’t include the Ukraine side?!?!

MF. We just get so desensitized to this number when you’re not directly impacted. What a waste of human life due to lunatic and his ardent supporters.

It doesn't help that Putin considers the obliteration of a city of 400,000+ a "victory".

LXFKYBWRE5KCZC532YIIOGANCY.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/leading-putin-ally-predicts-mariupol-victory-thursday-2022-04-20/

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

It doesn't help that Putin considers the obliteration of a city of 400,000+ a "victory".

LXFKYBWRE5KCZC532YIIOGANCY.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/leading-putin-ally-predicts-mariupol-victory-thursday-2022-04-20/

Like this a both sides argument? Like this is a propaganda coming from both sides argument? Yup there’s lunatics everywhere you look, left, right, middle but sorry that’s no where near enough ‘detail’  to say yea but to justify, minimize, water down what is happening to Ukraine and it’s people. 

15 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Like this a both sides argument? Like this is a propaganda coming from both sides argument? Yup there’s lunatics everywhere you look, left, right, middle but sorry that’s no where near enough ‘detail’  to say yea but to justify, minimize, water down what is happening to Ukraine and it’s people. 

Not trying to both sides it - actually trying (badly) to reinforce what you said.  Putin's not the first to claim victory while figuratively standing on the bodies of the dead and the debris of their homes, but I found it really distasteful in these current times.

54 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Not trying to both sides it - actually trying (badly) to reinforce what you said.  Putin's not the first to claim victory while figuratively standing on the bodies of the dead and the debris of their homes, but I found it really distasteful in these current times.

Wasn’t directed at you my friend, just what I see around me sometimes. Just frustrating to me of how things can get greatly minimized by the yea but argument. It can make one’s head spin.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Wasn’t directed at you my friend, just what I see around me sometimes. Just frustrating to me of how things can get greatly minimized by the yea but argument. It can make one’s head spin.

If your 'both sides' comment was directed at me, I was merely asking an honest question about how reliable the numbers are. Nothing to do with a value judgment, just that I don't think you can legitimately take data from either side of any conflict without confirmation from elsewhere. My dad's side is Ukrainian btw.

11 hours ago, WildPath said:

If your 'both sides' comment was directed at me, I was merely asking an honest question about how reliable the numbers are. Nothing to do with a value judgment, just that I don't think you can legitimately take data from either side of any conflict without confirmation from elsewhere. My dad's side is Ukrainian btw.

It's a legit question. Every side in a war will at least twist figures to their benefit. Some blatantly make **** up  (weapons of mass destruction as an example ). It doesn't mean a person  doesn't recognise a particular side as the aggressor or as responsible for 1,000s of deaths.

12 hours ago, WildPath said:

Sorry I wasn’t thinking of anyone specific here with my post. I’m just hyper sensitive on people minimizing bad behaviour with yea but arguments. It’s everywhere you look being used completely inappropriately imo. I really need to get off twitter or at least just watch cute videos of animals.

Guess deutsche bank learned a lot from their last fine.  If this bank was a person, it would be in jail.

"German authorities have raided Deutsche Bank’s headquarters in Frankfurt over suspected money laundering at the country’s largest lender."

guardian.

Edited by Mark F

Is Russia Using Dolphins To Guard Key Naval Base? Photos Suggest So, Analyst Says.

Russia may be using trained dolphins to help guard a key naval base in the Black Sea.

Submarine analyst H I Sutton, who first wrote about the findings for the U.S. Naval Institute, said satellite images taken by Maxar Technologies showed what appeared to be dolphin pens near the entrance to the harbor. The base in Sevastopol, part of Crimea that Russia annexed in 2014, is the Kremlin’s most important naval site in the Black Sea.
Photos show the pens were moved to the base in February as Russia prepared to invaded Ukraine, Sutton said. Maxar Technologies told The Washington Post it agreed with his analysis.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/russia-dolphins-naval-base_n_626a2e4ce4b0bc48f5774806